Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Purchasing tickets for someone else...credit card verifacation on check-in?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2014, 10:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E75K

I am looking to purchase tickets for my Mom and my brother for December. MNL-SIN-AMS-SIN-MNL. I wanted to book this on singaporeair.com. I am based in Canada, and will be the one paying for the tickets with my credit card (issued in Canada); however, I will not be traveling with them. Normally, one is asked to present the credit card used for purchase upon check-in. If I am not there (obviously they won't have my credit card) will they be allowed to check-in/board the flight? Is there a way around this? I don't think there is a Singapore airlines office in Canada. Hopefully someone here can give a suggestion. Thanks.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 10:48 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Are you able to find a similar fare using an online travel agent such as expedia, etc (check using kayak.com)? IIRC, it's only tickets directly booked with the airline where they may want to sight the purchasing credit card, if you book with a travel agent they don't have the same requirement.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 11:58 pm

Programs: ROP Gold
I trust that your mom and brother are not required to present your credit card (or have you present) if you sign the letter of indemnity and return to SIngapore Airlines.

http://www.singaporeair.com/documents/pdfs/LOI.pdf

I then returned the form via email to SQ with a copy of my passport and credit card.

But it has been a while ago, days before "Visa Verified".

So I am not sure if the above process is still valid.

You could write to SQ to check.

Last edited by anaidross; Aug 28, 2014 at 12:38 pm
Old Aug 28, 2014, 2:38 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
On the website when I booked, once it said I had to present my card for booking. When I booked my friend a ticket, I simply checked (or maybe unchecked) the box that asks if I'm flying.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 6:20 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
You can always call SQ to double-check, but I my case the card was never requested at the airport as long as the ticket was booked online using a card with the "verified by visa/mastercard securecode" feature.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.