Community
Wiki Posts
Search

7-hour transit in Changi question

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2014, 4:41 pm

If you want to stay in a nice place and are willing to pay money, there's a Crowne Plaza attached to the airport.

But really, you should go out. It'll take no time at all to get back in the airport (know that security is at the gate, so you will get into the departures section in no time at all), and leaving is no hassle at all. If you don't want to go as far as the city you can just go to East Coast Park and have some food there.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 7:59 am

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Slightly different take on the same question. I've "done" Singapore many times, so going into the city holds little appeal.

Arrive 00:15 having done IAD-NRT-SIN in NH/UA F - so I should be able to sleep on the planes as much as I want/need.

Depart 09:30 on SQ in business to DPS, so about 9 hours on the ground.

First thought is to book 6 hours in the transit hotel for decent sleep, to try and get on local time at least a little bit....strategy being to sleep most of the middle of the IAD-NRT flight when it's early morning Singapore time.

Transiting UA F to SQ J in SIN as a star gold, which side of the Silver Kris lounge will I have access to?
Old Sep 8, 2014, 9:47 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, SQ Krisflyer
Originally Posted by ironmanjt
Transiting UA F to SQ J in SIN as a star gold, which side of the Silver Kris lounge will I have access to?
*G will not give you access to the SKL. But SQ J should give you access to the business side of the SKL, which is rather large, especially in T3. I did hear others mentioned that if you showed you incoming BP as "F" they may let you into the F side, but hey, the SKL is nice either side, so I guess I wouldnt be too fussed over it.
Old May 19, 2015, 5:56 am
TTM

Well my 9 hour layover in SIN just turned to hell on me. All the transit hotels are full (3 weeks out) since the terminal 2 Ambassador hotel is closed for two months for renovation.

I don't think I want to fork over the $$ for a 4-5 hour stay at the Crowne either.

Arriving via coach in SQ, then transferring to a low cost carrier. I'm UA*G but I dont think this will get me into any lounges upon arrival.

Uggggghhh
Old May 19, 2015, 6:14 am

You must have a very different level of hell then me..

9 hours, arriving by bus (or Economy class? What do you mean with coach?)? From Malaysia by bus? Is it an overnight stay, ie arriving like 10pm, departing like 7am?

Anyway, let's assume you get dropped off at 10pm at SIN.

Unless you don't mind (and assuming you can get/stay airside at that time already) roaming Changi for the night, I would suggest to get a hotel somewhere nearby. Changi village can be had for around 100$ usually, and is a short ride from the airport. There is a nice Hawker center nearby.

I'd really try to get a hotel for an overnight, unless you want to party through most of the night. Staying airside in SIN isn't that bad, but you won't get really good sleep in the terminal after all..
Old May 19, 2015, 6:23 am
TTM

Arrive 6am to SIN via economy class on SQ, (but will feel like 3am to me), then departing 2pm via Jetstar to SGN. I was really counting on a solid 3-4 hour nap before catching the Jetstar.

I suppose I could bump up my Jetstar leg a few hours and just sleep when I arrive to my hotel in SGN. To me there really seems no way I can get a deep restful nap without a real bed.

You're right though, nobody can really call SIN "hell" :P Its definitely not MNL. Although I am arriving from DEL...
Old May 19, 2015, 7:41 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
What do you mean with coach?
Coach is the American style of saying Economy class
Old May 22, 2015, 11:58 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by TTM
Well my 9 hour layover in SIN just turned to hell on me. All the transit hotels are full (3 weeks out) since the terminal 2 Ambassador hotel is closed for two months for renovation.

I don't think I want to fork over the $$ for a 4-5 hour stay at the Crowne either.

Arriving via coach in SQ, then transferring to a low cost carrier. I'm UA*G but I dont think this will get me into any lounges upon arrival.

Uggggghhh
There IS a *gold lounge in term3 plus a movie theater - now why do I mention a movie theater? It is free, it is dark, and the seats are very padded with excellent leg room and some have been known to go there to sleep
There are also areas with recliners in various corners of term3- though not a proper bed, not too bad for sleeping
Also - even if booked you can always check for cancellation at the hotels
Old May 23, 2015, 12:56 am
TTM

Originally Posted by estnet
There IS a *gold lounge in term3 plus a movie theater - now why do I mention a movie theater? It is free, it is dark, and the seats are very padded with excellent leg room and some have been known to go there to sleep
There are also areas with recliners in various corners of term3- though not a proper bed, not too bad for sleeping
Also - even if booked you can always check for cancellation at the hotels
I just landed a slot at JetQuay "TheHaven" for 6 hours. Since I have to go through immigration to deposit some bags and check in for my separate itinerary flight (low cost carrier) it made sense. I feel much more at ease now that I know a good nap is waiting for me ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.