Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SQ Saver award - second stopover for $100?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ Saver award - second stopover for $100?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2017, 5:35 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Originally Posted by romanbel81
Hello,

I got 2 phone SQ agents recently tell me that you can not have a stopover even for $100 on a star alliance one-way award booking. That stopover option is only available when flying entire itinerary on SQ flights. So, I can not fly GIG-FRA on LH F, have a stopover and continue on FRA-SIN on SQ F (wanted to avoid YQ this way ex-Brazil). No go. Is it in accordance with the rule or I may have luck calling again?
I've tried to add a stopover to a one-way partner award and have never been successful. Not sure I've ever read about *anyone* being successful in that scenario.

I think there's somewhere on SQ's site that does specify that this isn't allowed but I don't recall. It was well buried last I found it.

edit: here it is. G/2/e. http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/pp...conditions-kf/
Old Apr 23, 2017, 9:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by txflyer77
I've tried to add a stopover to a one-way partner award and have never been successful. Not sure I've ever read about *anyone* being successful in that scenario.

I think there's somewhere on SQ's site that does specify that this isn't allowed but I don't recall. It was well buried last I found it.

edit: here it is. G/2/e. http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/pp...conditions-kf/
But the routing above shows differently. And in your link I actually see nothing about additional stopover for SQ award, whereas for *A award it is explicitly specified that 3! additional stopovers allowed for $100:

2. Additional conditions for Star Alliance Awards

f. One complimentary en route stopover is permitted for round-trip awards, unless otherwise stated below. Up to three additional stopovers are also permitted at USD100 each, regardless of class of service.

i. Complimentary stopovers are not permitted for one-way awards.

It is still unclear from this if according to f) 3 paid stopovers are only allowed on round-trip or one one-way as well and if i) prohibits just COMPLIMENTARY stopovers on one-ways, whereas paid stopovers may be permitted.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by romanbel81
Could you please disclose in what cities you make stopovers? If its only in SIN than its another story, however you still have *A award, and I was told it would not be allowed.
All the cities except CGK obviously, not just SIN.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by worldrally
All the cities except CGK obviously, not just SIN.
Oh ok. Good to know. But you had a round-trip *A award. They didnt allow me that on one-way - because it's *A award - whereas on entirely SQ award I was allowed to make a stopover in BCN last year flying from GRU to SIN, for $100. Dont know if its worth trying calling back again and again to argue with them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.