Singapore close in releasing

Old Aug 13, 2014, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Singapore close in releasing

How reliable is singapore about releasing first class space for krisflyer members close in? Specifically on the Fra-NYC route?
Old Aug 13, 2014, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Well if you can give us more info rather than what you wrote, perhaps we can give you a better idea.

It helps if you have status with KF. Otherwise put yourself on waitlist.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Well if you can give us more info rather than what you wrote, perhaps we can give you a better idea.

I am looking for JFK-SIN on December 22. I know that is a tough time of year. I dont have status and I can;t rely on a waitlist.

I need a gauranteed booked ticket
Old Aug 13, 2014, 9:34 pm

Programs: SQ KF Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat
That's tough, SIN-JFK and JFK-SIN is probably /the/ most difficult route pair to get redemption tickets on in suites.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 10:14 pm

Programs: TG*G, SQ, QF
Right now SQ25 JFK-SIN on Dec 22nd is available as a Standard award.

If you need to lock in the dates and have enough miles to redeem a standard award then you can always waitlist for a saver award and if one comes up then cancel the Standard, there is a fee depending on your status but its nominal compared to the saving. I wouldn't be too hopeful that a Saver will come through though, for that date and that route....

Otherwise if you cant swallow the cost for a standard award and still want to book now for Dec 22nd, then CA is showing availability in business class via Beijing with a reasonable 1Hr 5 min connection time that should be redeemable as a Star Alliance award. Definitely not as nice as Suites but should still get you there in reasonable comfort...

Last edited by cmdsea; Aug 13, 2014 at 10:25 pm
Old Aug 13, 2014, 11:34 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
I thought that status only helps with waitlists? General award availability is supposed to be the same for everyone, no?
Old Aug 14, 2014, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by aster
I thought that status only helps with waitlists? General award availability is supposed to be the same for everyone, no?
Yes that's what I meant. OP can waitlist anytime and if he has status , it will help.

But as he says that he wants to travel on Dec 22 which is peak season, chances are very very low that he will get a saver award. SQ will have no problem selling that seat as revenue either.

So if OP really wants that date, he can redeem it as a Standard award. What route does OP actually want? FRA-SIN or FRA-NYC?
Old Aug 15, 2014, 5:11 pm
Original Poster

theres no way that i have the miles for a standard award but thanks for the response and il wait to see if saver opens
Old Aug 17, 2014, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by elleana
That's tough, SIN-JFK and JFK-SIN is probably /the/ most difficult route pair to get redemption tickets on in suites.
Indeed
Old Aug 18, 2014, 1:20 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
With US Chase/Citi miles about to flood the system I don't think things will get any easier, especially on routes involving the US.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 7:48 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold
I'm trying to book SIN-DPS for october 3 or 4. any idea why these flights are waitlisted for the first two tiers of milage?

any thought if these will be released closer to departure?
Old Aug 18, 2014, 8:23 pm

Programs: SQ KF Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by bbmatt
I'm trying to book SIN-DPS for october 3 or 4. any idea why these flights are waitlisted for the first two tiers of milage?

Why would you do that? Incredible waste of miles.. Y tickets regularly go on sale for US$200 or thereabouts.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 8:38 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by bbmatt

It is a public holiday long weekend in Singapore (Sat-Mon Oct 4-6), so many people take short trips out of the country, with many leaving on Fri Oct 3.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 10:31 am

Programs: UA Premier Exec; AA Platinum; SPG Gold; PC Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by gunit770
I am looking for JFK-SIN on December 22. I know that is a tough time of year. I dont have status and I can;t rely on a waitlist.

I need a gauranteed booked ticket
There is a first class saver available on Dec 21, if you can juggle your schedule a little.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 6:46 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold
Why would you do that? Incredible waste of miles.. Y tickets regularly go on sale for US$200 or thereabouts.
it's $400 each way that weekend for some reason. and even 200 each way on airasia.

Originally Posted by Ex-SIN
It is a public holiday long weekend in Singapore (Sat-Mon Oct 4-6), so many people take short trips out of the country, with many leaving on Fri Oct 3.
Ah! I did not know that it was a long weekend! makes sense!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.