Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore close in releasing

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2014, 9:49 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Yes that's what I meant. OP can waitlist anytime and if he has status , it will help.

But as he says that he wants to travel on Dec 22 which is peak season, chances are very very low that he will get a saver award. SQ will have no problem selling that seat as revenue either.

So if OP really wants that date, he can redeem it as a Standard award. What route does OP actually want? FRA-SIN or FRA-NYC?
Status will definitely help. But more importantly is there still any revenue seat available?

As Guy Betsy has mentioned SQ will wait until "last minute" before decides to release the seat as a rewards if they decide they cannot sell it for revenue.

My SIN-DPS redemption last May (Veesak day holiday) is only confirmed less than 2 weeks before the travel date.

Actually I almost wanted to give up that trip anyway, as it is not so important.

so the question, can you wait until like 2 weeks before the trip?
Old Aug 20, 2014, 8:19 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Originally Posted by lingua101
As Guy Betsy has mentioned SQ will wait until "last minute" before decides to release the seat as a rewards if they decide they cannot sell it for revenue.
But is this something they do like clockwork, so they never let a plane fly with empty biz seats if they have waitlists pending? Or is it like a lottery and your waitlist might not clear with the plane departing sometimes without filling those seats?
Old Aug 20, 2014, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by aster
But is this something they do like clockwork, so they never let a plane fly with empty biz seats if they have waitlists pending? Or is it like a lottery and your waitlist might not clear with the plane departing sometimes without filling those seats?
I can't answer you for sure. But I believe KF is quite flexible to certain extend.

I needed to fly to TPE on last minute during Hari Raya 2 years ago. I need to be n Taipei on Monday morning which was Hari Raya. So all economy flights are full on Sat and Sun (even via HKG). I called KF and asked if I can do an upgrade to biz. I was told actually there were no award avail but since that red eye flight was empty on J, she said she will request a seat for me since the flight was within in 48 hours.

Hence I used my miles for upgrade. The flight itself was quite empty in J. I think only 5-6 of us. I have no status at that time.

So my conclusion, SQ might give away the seat for redemption. The question is now, will it be automatically or you have to keep calling and push for it.

I had 2 bookings on wait list now SIN - DPS on Y (26-SEP) and DPS-SIN on J (6-OCT). I called last Monday and still no luck. I guess the return flight is very tough to clear as it seems to me the discounted J is almost sold out.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 11:41 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
After the customer service rep requested a seat for you did you have to wait long for it to be approved?

I guess this changes the ball game somewhat if you can speed things up by calling and inquiring about your waitlist as opposed to just waiting for it to clear.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 6:49 pm

I dont think that there is a general pattern. IMHO the chances of getting a waitlist redemption cleared are higher on empty flights, where SQ sees that there is no way that they can fill the seats with revenue passengers. If there are only a few empty seats IMHO there is no chance that they might release these last minute, they will rather keep them for last minute revenue passengers changes or bookings.
On popular redemption flights like to FRA or MUC I never got a saver waitlist cleared. On DPS and MLE iam also pretty convinced that it would be hitting a jackpot if waitlist clears. Even for revenue passenger in a high booking class and status, it is often impossible to get into the airplane, i had quite a few occassions that waitlist never cleared.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 12:33 am

I just recieved a confirmation on my long waitlisted SUB SIN last night. It is a week before the flight. The flight should be for 21 SEp.

Will cancel it as i do not need it any more

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.