Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Changing Multi-City Business Ticket after first flight

Old Aug 13, 2014, 12:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ TPPS, Star Alliance Gold

I have a multi-city itinerary booked departing tomorrow and spans 2.5 weeks, all flights are booked in "J" fare class. I know I will have to change the last leg of my flight but won't know until after I depart on the first leg tomorrow. Any thoughts on if this will be really expensive if change after departure vs. before departure?

I'm thinking I could change it now and take a guess that's potentially safe.

The last leg of my flight is NRT-SIN-SYD with just a layover, and I need to split it to do NRT-SIN (stop over for a few days) then continue on SIN-SYD.

No routing/cities/destinations would change, just splitting the last leg and including a stopover in Singapore.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 2:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Is this a paid ticket?

If yes, then change after you have flown the first leg. Then applicable change fees according to your fare rules will apply. Stopover in Singapore always possible with additional airport fees only.

If you change (even its only the last sector) before you have flown the first segment, this is considered a cancellation and your entire ticket must be refunded and repriced according to current rules, fees etc. So its not the best thing to do.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.