Wiki Posts
Search

How to buy Krisflyer miles

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2014, 10:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: M&M Senator, SQ Gold, EK Gold, TK Gold, SPG Gold
How to buy Krisflyer miles

I have heard, that there is the opportunity to buy Krisflyer miles for a price of approx. 2 SGD cent per mile (if you are resident of SIngapore). Could anyone give me a tip, how this would work?
Old Aug 12, 2014, 11:19 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Le Club Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Hope this helps: Cheapest ways to buy KrisFlyer Miles.

If you need them immediately the only way is through KrisFlyer and you'll need a minimum of half the amount required. Price will be $S5 per Mile roughly.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 11:35 pm

Programs: TG*G, SQ, QF
2 cents/mile is only available as a credit card sign up bonus.

For instance the DBS Altitude VISA will get you 10,000 miles when you pay the annual fee of S$192.60
Old Aug 13, 2014, 12:24 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the answers!

But there must be also a way to get miles for 2SGD Cents without sign-up bonus!

PS: There are also a lot of people who sell miles (unlimited amount) for approx. 2000 USD per 100.000 miles!
Old Aug 13, 2014, 2:49 am

Cheapest I've seen was a recent promo by Starwood Hotels offering points at $S2.5 per Mile - this was a bonus on their usual price of $S3.5 per Mile.

Buying miles from another member is not permitted in the program and I would avoid it as (1) you don't know who you are buying from and (2) KrisFlyer could remove them completely and you'd be out of pocket of your cash as a result.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 3:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AddictedTraveller

Buying miles from another member is not permitted in the program and I would avoid it as (1) you don't know who you are buying from and (2) KrisFlyer could remove them completely and you'd be out of pocket of your cash as a result.
Of course, I don't want to buy miles from them! The question is only, if they can sell the miles for that price in unlimited quantity, than there must be a way to generat the miles for a lower price!
Old Aug 13, 2014, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by A281
Of course, I don't want to buy miles from them! The question is only, if they can sell the miles for that price in unlimited quantity, than there must be a way to generat the miles for a lower price!
Have they been known to shut down accounts?
Old Aug 13, 2014, 6:15 pm

Sure I've read about it somewhere - I've certainly seen lots of warnings around.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gunit770
Have they been known to shut down accounts?
Mmmhh.... I guess, they know that there is a risk!

But that is not the case! I am sure, the way how they generate the miles is legal (or not against the T&C from krisflyer). I am also sure, they will do it over a credit card and transfer than the points from the credit card to the Krisflyer account. But I have no idea, how exactly (which credit card over which system)
Old Aug 13, 2014, 9:40 pm

Programs: SQ KF Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat
As far as I can tell, its not against the TOS to transfer in KF miles from someone elses' credit card rewards account (and rather suspect SIA can't tell in any event). If you are minded to check this out you can check out http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/travel-bazaar-346/ and search for Krisflyer. Some sellers pop up from time to time.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 9:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by elleana
As far as I can tell, its not against the TOS to transfer in KF miles from someone elses' credit card rewards account (and rather suspect SIA can't tell in any event). If you are minded to check this out you can check out http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/travel-bazaar-346/ and search for Krisflyer. Some sellers pop up from time to time.
It might not be against SQ rules to transfer the miles into your account, but it surely is against their rules to buy, sell, or barter to get those miles.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 9:51 pm
Original Poster

Yes, I know that side...

But the question is: How can they generate that miles? I am sure, they don't buy for several 100,000 S$ goods from Cold Storage etc.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 11:50 pm

Programs: SQ KF Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat
Yes, I know that side...

But the question is: How can they generate that miles? I am sure, they don't buy for several 100,000 S$ goods from Cold Storage etc.
No idea how each individual person does it, but in the past 18 months (since I last did a redemption trip) I have accumulated something slightly north of 400,000 KF miles from a mix of travel and credit card spend/churn.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 12:13 am
Original Poster

No idea how each individual person does it, but in the past 18 months (since I last did a redemption trip) I have accumulated something slightly north of 400,000 KF miles from a mix of travel and credit card spend/churn.
Of course... I have also the UOB Prvimiles Card and get so approx 130,000 miles per year (only from the Credit Card)!

But this is not the question! There must be a way, to generat unlimited miles for something around 2SGD Cent!
gb1 likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 2:12 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
There must be a way, to generat unlimited miles for something around 2SGD Cent!
Why?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.