Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Do Nominees under PPS get the same priority?

Old Aug 8, 2014, 2:46 am
Original Poster

Wondered if anyone knew .... as a PPS member, what waiting list priority would my nominees get?

If they automatically get PPS priority as well, then it would make sense to pool all KF points into the one PPS account! From credit cards etc I mean...
Old Aug 8, 2014, 3:46 am

Programs: TG*G , Le Club Platinum
CMIIW but your nominees don't benefit from your PPS. If you're Solitaire, your spouse gets a supp card. Thats about it.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 4:11 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
I'd suggest the chance of an nominee waitlist clearing from a PPS account is at worst the same as the chance of it clearing from a "nobody" account, but there is the chance that because you are PPS there may be a better chance of it clearing. So what's the downside to pooling points from credit cards etc?

Of course for Solitaires there's definitely access to better award inventory that can be used for the member or their nominees.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 5:02 am

Programs: SQ KrisFlyer Elite Gold
Priority confirmation for waitlisted award flights applies only to Solitaire PPS. However, this priority extends to your redemption nominees as well. See <http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/ppsclub-krisflyer/PPSClub_PPSClub/>.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 2:47 am
Original Poster

Thanks for pointing that out! For those interested...

"When you are waitlisted for a flight on Singapore Airlines, SilkAir or Star Alliance partner airlines, you will be given priority should a seat become available. This privilege is not applicable to award tickets and flights upgrades, or on flights where the waitlist may be closed.

This privilege extends to your immediate family members (spouse and children) if they are travelling with you on the same flight operated by Singapore Airlines or SilkAir."

It does appear to be applicable for non-Solitaire but only when traveling on the same flight.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 4:27 pm

Programs: SQ KrisFlyer Elite Gold
Yep. And also, for PPS Solitaire:

"If you book a Saver Economy Class award for yourself or any of your redemption nominees, we will give your booking priority for confirmation over other members."
Old Aug 10, 2014, 12:36 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
There is what is written and what happens in practice. Maybe it has changed recently, but I've certainly had economy class waitlists for awards clear as a PPS when non-PPS members haven't. And usually Solitaire's, at least in economy, don't need to worry that much about waitlisting as they get access to much better inventory (M class).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.