Wiki Posts
Search

Changi: Airside access between T3 and T1

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2014, 7:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Plat
Changi: Airside access between T3 and T1

Later this year I'm flying on SQ from SIN to LHR. Although I have MPG and BAEC Silver I have no status with SQ or Star Alliance.

I believe my SQ flight departs from T3. As far as lounge access is concerned it seems from what I have been reading that the only one worth visiting that I have access to (I have PP) is the Skyview in T1.

1. Once checked in and airside is it easy to go between T3 and T1?

2. As far as I can make out the Skyview Lounge is above the "D" gate end of T1 and my SQ flight usually leaves from gates A1-A8 in T3. What's the best way of getting to the Skyview from T3. Skytrain to T2 and then Skytrain to T1? Or Skytrain to T1 and then walk?

3. How much time should I allow?

Thanks
Old Aug 5, 2014, 7:53 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
You can try the T3 dnata lounge if you don't want the hassle.

All 3 terminals are accessible via the skytrain from airside or public side. T2 and T3 is also linked by a bridge which is walkable above the subway station, but taking the skytrain would be more convenient.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 7:55 pm

Programs: SQ KF Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat
Skytrain comes pretty frequently, I would say 20 minutes all in including waiting and travelling time.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 8:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Le Club Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by lcpteck
You can try the T3 dnata lounge if you don't want the hassle.
Would agree this is your best bet with a Priority Pass card. Dnata lounge is in the same terminal, no transfer hassle. Drinks are fine there, food options aren't fantastic but ok.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 2:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Plat
Thanks all for your comments....
Old Aug 6, 2014, 6:36 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by AddictedTraveller
Would agree this is your best bet with a Priority Pass card. Dnata lounge is in the same terminal, no transfer hassle. Drinks are fine there, food options aren't fantastic but ok.
I always use this lounge when I'm departing from T2 or T3. If at T1, I'll use the Skyview Lounge. I get unlimited access using my ANZ Travel Visa CC.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 7:17 am

Don't forget that Changi has security at the gate. So you will need to allow for travel time from Skyview to T3 (only a few minutes really) but also a bit more for the security itself.

The skytrain trip itself shouldn't take longer than 5 minutes all up, including the wait time. It really is very efficient and frequent.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 7:32 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
You can also walk between all the "terminals" as there are no barriers of any sort. It's literally one huge terminal with different parts labelled as T1, T2 and T3.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 9:18 am

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by aster
You can also walk between all the "terminals" as there are no barriers of any sort. It's literally one huge terminal with different parts labelled as T1, T2 and T3.

Concur with this. The walk from the D gates in T1 where Skyview is at to the B gates in T3 is 10 - 12 min tops
Old Aug 6, 2014, 9:56 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by CXFlyerBoy
Concur with this. The walk from the D gates in T1 where Skyview is at to the B gates in T3 is 10 - 12 min tops
Yes, faster if fit/fast walker. If travelling from T3, gates B6-B10 the closest Priority Pass lounge would actually be the SATS Rainforest Lounge in T1, very close to the high numbered B gates, although lounge is not recommended, particularly if one likes to enjoy a "tipple" pre-flight!
Old Aug 7, 2014, 7:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Le Club Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by lokijuh
Yes, faster if fit/fast walker. If travelling from T3, gates B6-B10 the closest Priority Pass lounge would actually be the SATS Rainforest Lounge in T1, very close to the high numbered B gates, although lounge is not recommended, particularly if one likes to enjoy a "tipple" pre-flight!
Yeah not the best lounge, but if you want a snooze they do offer some decent pods.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 5:50 am

Programs: SQ, NH, OZ, GA
Originally Posted by aster
I do this all the time (especially at around 3am when nobody is around). It's kinda fun. Changi is my second home.

Also, I'd like to recommend The Green Market, which in my opinion has the best food (but be warned: no toilet/shower)
Old Aug 8, 2014, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by mitwg
Don't forget that Changi has security at the gate. So you will need to allow for travel time from Skyview to T3 (only a few minutes really) but also a bit more for the security itself.

The skytrain trip itself shouldn't take longer than 5 minutes all up, including the wait time. It really is very efficient and frequent.
But the security at the gate isn't really an issue. When you arrive 11min prior to departure, there won't be any queue, and they won't close the gate when you get to security more than 10min prior to departure.

When departing from T2, I know exactly how many minutes I've to walk at gentle speed and can plan ahead when I've got to leave the lounge to get to the gate no more than 15 minutes prior to departure. Getting into the plane too early at Change can, at times, really be annoying, especially when the airplanes AC isn't running up to speed.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 8:31 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
But the security at the gate isn't really an issue. When you arrive 11min prior to departure, there won't be any queue, and they won't close the gate when you get to security more than 10min prior to departure.
Yes agreed, except when using a multiple gate security point (eg A1-8) when there are other flights going ... but even then a quick word to security and showing them a boarding pass for the imminently departing flight is all that is needed to queue-jump.

Basically in the last 10 mins before SQ flights close, queues are definitely not a problem, it's only an hour before the flight that they tend to be much longer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.