Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

URGENT: United vs. Singapore Air Business Class on DEN-SIN Route

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2014, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Debating United vs. Singapore airlines for honeymoon trip.

Flying out of Denver on Monday September 29th with arrival in Singapore on Tuesday the 30th (or just after midnight).

United has the benefit of a DEN-NRT-SIN route with no other connection. On 787 two class in Businessfirst so the slightly bigger seats from DEN to NRT and then on 772 three class in Businessfirst from NRT to SIN.

If flying on Singapore air, would book United economy to SFO and then would be on SFO-HKG-SIN or SFO-ICN-SIN both routes on the 773 with the new Singapore Air business class seats which are phenomenal.

Cost is going to be largely equivalent but debating whether the added hassle of switching airlines in SFO and the extra connection is worth the superior experience in Singapore Business. Note I am 6'5" 200lbs, so no the wider seat may be nice. Don't know difference in service quality but interested to hear.

Any help ASAP would be appreciated as only have 18 hours to cancel the already booked United flight.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 5:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold

Don't cross-post. You put the same question in the UA forum. Try reading the FT rules.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 8:39 pm

Programs: AA; The Peninsula
OP and I define 'urgent' differently. If it were me, I would switch to SQ. Or, you could fly to NRT on UA and connect to a SQ flight there.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 9:29 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, SQ Krisflyer
Personal opinion... I would fly SQ J over anything UA, even UA First.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 9:43 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
UA? Hahahahaha.

SQ? YES!
Old Jul 30, 2014, 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by jws43yale
If flying on Singapore air, would book United economy to SFO and then would be on SFO-HKG-SIN or SFO-ICN-SIN both routes on the 773 with the new Singapore Air business class seats which are phenomenal.
Now sure which new business class seats you are referring to, but the new new business class seats (circa Sep 2013) are not available on these routes yet.

But based on the comments here, seems like anything is a step up from UA. LOL.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 11:50 pm

Programs: SQ KF Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat
Can you fly UA into LAX? Then you can fly the A380 LAX-NRT-SIN.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 12:35 am

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM
Honeymoon? Go with SQ... almost guaranteed to enjoy the trip... on UA J... hit or miss.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 1:04 am

Programs: VA Silver, QF FF, Priority Club
Originally Posted by elleana
Can you fly UA into LAX? Then you can fly the A380 LAX-NRT-SIN.
You do know what time that flight arrives in SIN yes?
Old Jul 31, 2014, 1:09 am

I saw urgent as well and thought of a distressed traveler needing critical help from FT'ers.

But given you have 18 hours to figure this out, here's one more opinion to add to your mix:

SQ
Old Jul 31, 2014, 7:25 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
It is against FT rules to cross-post. I am closing this thread. Please continue discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...sin-route.html

cxfan1960
SQ Mod

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.