Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

17,077 Krisflyer miles for purchasing LifeLock Basic ($9.95)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2014, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Gold

Through the new krisflyerspree: Register for Lifelock
for 9.95 a month and get "17077 KF Miles"
https://www.krisflyerspree.com/electricals/lifelock

Does this look legit?

via http://www.mightytravels.com/1323275...t_per_mile.php
Old Jun 24, 2014, 11:26 am

Programs: SPG Gold/HH Diamond/CC Gold/Hyatt Explorist
I gave it a shot, will see how it pans out.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 11:29 am

Programs: AF Plat, DL Gold
I just did it so hopefully the miles post. Might be too good to be true but for $10 it's worth a shot! They have the box for "annual payment" automatically checked so make sure to change it to monthly so you only pay for one or two months before canceling.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 11:58 am

The KrisFlyer portal says to allow 90 days for points to post. But I figure even $30 is a reasonable risk for potentially getting 17,077 miles.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 1:28 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Damn looks like USA only
Old Jun 24, 2014, 1:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Be aware of this consequence. According to the LifeLock FAQ:

Reduced Pre-Approved Credit Card Offers - Requests your name be removed from pre-approved credit card mailing lists for increased security.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 2:00 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Looking deeper into the site there are some superbly interesting earning partners

77K for Vodafone Business and Firebrand training

few 68K ones from some Japanese companies

Intuit QuickBooks

11539 KF Miles
As part of Intuit, the same company that brings you TurboTax and Quicken software, we've created an integrated family of award-winning products and services that revolutionize the way people manage their personal and small business finances.
Purchase Conditions

Please note: the stated reward is for purchasing the QuickBooks Online Edition, you will receive a different reward for QuickBooks Desktop. No rewards are given on QuickBooks Online Free Edition or Product Trial Versions, Products/Services from Intuit QuickBooks Marketplace, Marketing Tools, Payment Solutions, Check/Supplies, Assisted Payroll, Direct Deposit, Billing Solutions, Bill Pay Service, Online Banking, QuickBooks MasterCard, Online Backup Service, Shipping Manager, Remote Access, Time Tracker, Build a Website, Gift Cards and Customer Mgr Online.

I looked up the pricing and it is $18.86 per month for 6 months
and comes with 60 day money back guarantee

2. If you are not satisfied with QuickBooks Online for any reason, simply call (800) 532-2870 within 60 days from the first charge date to cancel your subscription and to request a refund of your paid subscription fees.

Last edited by lsed; Jun 24, 2014 at 2:09 pm
Old Jun 24, 2014, 5:29 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Glob, AA EXP
I'm assuming the points calculator for the "bulk points" offers must be inaccurate? Each one seems to imply you need to spend $1,000 with the vendor to get the full stated bonus.

The descriptions are so generic it looks like the terms for most of these can be interpreted any way they like.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 6:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond, HHonors: Diamond, SPG: Gold
In like Flynn for the Mrs. and I! Let's hope this works. ^
Old Jun 24, 2014, 8:08 pm

US only, bugger. A few good ones around:

69601 miles for eToro (HK)
77875 miles for Firebrand IT Training (UK)

For us Aussies, the only decent one seems to be 1300PetInsurance...

Are there any decent mile offers available internationally?
Old Jun 24, 2014, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by lsed
Intuit QuickBooks

11539 KF Miles
As part of Intuit, the same company that brings you TurboTax and Quicken software, we've created an integrated family of award-winning products and services that revolutionize the way people manage their personal and small business finances.
Purchase Conditions

Please note: the stated reward is for purchasing the QuickBooks Online Edition, you will receive a different reward for QuickBooks Desktop. No rewards are given on QuickBooks Online Free Edition or Product Trial Versions, Products/Services from Intuit QuickBooks Marketplace, Marketing Tools, Payment Solutions, Check/Supplies, Assisted Payroll, Direct Deposit, Billing Solutions, Bill Pay Service, Online Banking, QuickBooks MasterCard, Online Backup Service, Shipping Manager, Remote Access, Time Tracker, Build a Website, Gift Cards and Customer Mgr Online.

I looked up the pricing and it is $18.86 per month for 6 months
and comes with 60 day money back guarantee

2. If you are not satisfied with QuickBooks Online for any reason, simply call (800) 532-2870 within 60 days from the first charge date to cancel your subscription and to request a refund of your paid subscription fees.
From the Spree T&C:

Your account will be updated to show your miles as "Approved" when we have validated your purchase with the merchant. Merchants will take up to 90 days to acknowledge and approve purchases. Your purchases are subject to the merchants’ terms and conditions.
A bit risky for the cancellation?
Old Jun 24, 2014, 9:48 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Ironically very little merchants for Singapore.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 4:09 am

Programs: VA WP, NZ *A SG
Error fixed already.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 5:43 am

Programs: UA Plat 1MM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold/SVN 3 Star Elite, ICG Plat Ambassador
Is there any chance they'll honor it?
Old Jun 25, 2014, 4:42 pm

Programs: VA WP, NZ *A SG
Originally Posted by psfcfa
Is there any chance they'll honor it?
I doubt it. This wasn't an error where they were offering double miles by accident, in some instances there were 2 extra zeros meaning the accident was 100x the correct points.

If people kick up a fuss I think they'll offer double the correct number of KF miles as compensation which I think is fair - this was clearly an error.

I'd be very interested to know what posts as pending where people purchased during the error?

(EDIT) From another site I see those who registered for the lifelock before the error was fixed have 779 miles as pending, not 17,077.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.