Old Jun 12, 2014, 11:37 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
TATL Awards availability?

UA MP member looking at other options.

This blog post indicates SQ KF may be an option for MP refugees:

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....s-mileageplus/

Specifically, I do most of the flying, both to earn miles and redeem awards for TATL flights, out of SFO.

The blogger indicates there's good award availability on both SQ and *A metal on KF?

Though sometimes, TATL means routes between East Coast or midwest like ORD or IAH hubs, not West Coast airports like SFO.

Idea would be to credit most of the *A TATL flights to KF going forward and then redeem the same on business class or above.

I've visited HKG a couple of times and SYD once but otherwise, don't foresee a lot of TPAC flights.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 12:19 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG & Marriott Gold, CC Silver
I don't think he said anything about partner availability. He said they have great availability on their own metal for their own members. For TATL, they only fly from JFK to FRA; all other routes are on partners.

http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/pl.../where-we-fly/
Old Jun 12, 2014, 4:53 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by PHLisa
For TATL, they only fly from JFK to FRA; all other routes are on partners.
To be pedantic, there is one more ex-US TATL route, IAH-DME. And not relevant to OP or usual definition of TATL but geographically crossing the Atlantic GRU-BCN
Old Jun 12, 2014, 4:57 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I tried to search without registering.

For instance, it let me select SFO and FCO or MXP but not VCE or FLR.

Would these be SQ flights or also *A flights?

I guess even if I got KF Gold, the mileage bonus is only 25% and it's only on SQ and Virgin Atlantic flights?
Old Jun 12, 2014, 6:07 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
To book star alliance awards you need to call Krisflyer service centre. The online booking engine only allows SQ flights to be booked with a krisflyer miles, which is why you can see MXP and SFO as they are SQ destinations (only SIN-MXP and SIN-ICN-SFO or SIN-HKG-SFO). When calling it is best to do a bit of homework first in another star alliance program that shows availability online such as United, Air Canada or ANA.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 6:22 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Do they speak English well?
Old Jun 12, 2014, 7:44 pm

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by wco81
Do they speak English well?
Call the Singapore number 6223 8888 and you get Singapore call center where English is no problem.

I think if you call the US 800 number, you might end up with ICC, where English is Ok ( other than the accent), but helpfulness is low
Old Jun 12, 2014, 7:45 pm

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by wco81
I tried to search without registering.

For instance, it let me select SFO and FCO or MXP but not VCE or FLR.

Would these be SQ flights or also *A flights?

I guess even if I got KF Gold, the mileage bonus is only 25% and it's only on SQ and Virgin Atlantic flights?
There is online redemption discount of 15%, so for redemptions on SQ flights, using SQ KF to accumulate and redeem miles is not a bad idea.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 2:23 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Thanks, I guess I'm looking at options to leave MP.

I have 100k Chase points I can transfer as well.

But SQ may not have as much TATL options as say AA, unless I'm satisfied with crediting other *A flights to KF, not get any bonuses but seems like 100% miles for all fare classes.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 6:48 pm

Programs: NH-SFC, SQ, UA, JL- JGC/Sapphire, AA, DL, IHG-Gold, SPG-Gold, Marriott-gold
Currently I have three active accts on UA, NH, and SQ..
I wonder which one to be my main FF program since my flying oppt becomes very low.

Both SQ and NH have expiry, and charge YQ for award redemption while UA acct stays
almost forever as long as it is active every 18months and no YQ for redemption.
My opinion is that we shouldn't choose NH because accrual rate is pretty much stingy and
difficult to maintain high level of status for overseas members.

Don't think I can reach an elite status this year, my priority has to be redemption viewpoint.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.