Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SIA to introduce new premium economy class on its flights from next year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SIA to introduce new premium economy class on its flights from next year

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2014, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cmdsea
The problem with TK is that they vastly overestimated the market for this product and ended up with 63 Comfort seats vs only 28 business seats which has created a hopeless mismatch in demand.

My assumption is that SQ will go with a very carefully calibrated product. Possibly only 2 or more likely 3 rows, probably in a 2-3-2 and possibly even a 2-4-2 config. So around 20 seats in total. They are aiming firmly at the business traveller forced to fly in Y and usually on last minute / flexi tickets for whom a the incremental few hundred dollars top up will be worth it.

Unfortunately i think a previous poster has hit the nail on the head when they say this is likely to cost as much as "proper" business class on second tier star alliance carriers anyway and leisure travellers are likely to be priced out of the market. The only upside might be less demand and hence better availability for preferred seats....
Carefully calibrated, you mean just like the all J cabin from the US non stop to SIN? That was great calibration, I think.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.