Wiki Posts
Search

Combine 2 award itineraries

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2014, 2:52 am
Original Poster

Hi all,

I've have myself booked on SQ62 from SIN-DME-IAH in J award saver. My final stop is MCO and tried to add a UA Y award to the itinerary but was told that if I did so, I won't be able to retain my 15% online discount for the SQ flight, so booked it on a separate itinerary.

Reading up more on IAH connections I'm now slightly worried if I can make the 1h55min IAH connection from international to domestic, despite the sq call centre's assurance it's enough time. I'm not a US resident.

Is there anyway to combine my 2 itineraries so I'm covered in delays? Or not to worry since they are book on *A with more than enough time?

Any one with experience on this route? Thanks!
Old Apr 24, 2014, 4:03 am

Programs: BR Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
1h55 is indeed cutting it a bit too close if you are not a citizen or resident. Although I don't think it matters if it is the same itinerary because according to US transit regulations you will need to claim your bags and re-check in anyway.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 12:58 am

My suggestion is, don't chance it.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 5:44 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
1:55 is doable, but there is a risk of misconnect. Being on separate tickets, neither UA or SQ is bound to help you if you missconnect.

My only time entering USA as a foreigner at IAH, it took well over an hour for immigration alone. That was early in the morning.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 6:59 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
I would chance it only because in the US (and on UA, here) there is a thing called the flat tire rule. If you miss the flight, I wouldn't mention that you just transited from Singapore and just say you had a delay en route to the airport. You are probably okay so long as you present yourself to UA no more than 2 hours after scheduled departure to MCO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.