Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

beware of non-transfer of Virgin Atlantic miles to KF

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2014, 1:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: KF

Apologies: no existing thread. Is it just me or any suggestions?
For the second time, booking and travelling with Virgin Atlantic, despite logging KF details and showing my card, miles have not been credited for flights with Virgin three weeks ago (on the same trip UA miles transferred within a few days).
Alas while you can book SQ sectors with Virgin, cannot book Virgin sectors with SQ.
Last time this happened, I phoned KF, sent them retroactive mileage claim, chased over a month and then contacted Virgin to ask why they didn't transfer. Very helpful rep said: let me look ... ah, we transferred the miles the day after the flight.
Called KF, told them, and asked them to look harder. Oh here they are! Miles accrued finally after a long chase.
Pointed this out to KF this time: something about being partner not SA member that causes problems.
Would not mind if (KF) SAG renewal did not depend on it, and have pointed out to KF.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 3:09 am

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
If you change your thread title to "non-crediting" instead of "non-transfer" it will be much less confusing. You have a legitimate issue, but the title is misleading (sounds like you want to transfer VS miles to KF). SQ's systems aren't wonderful, so if that's what they're saying, I would just retro-credit every time.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 7:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Le Club Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Is this common for others to have non-crediting flights when flying VS?
Old Apr 22, 2014, 9:16 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Welcome to FT ci1jmb ^ .

Wel they did credit them in the end, right? And one month ain't all that bad. To get my BA segments on AA, I struggle up to 3 months in a row.

But I agree when auto-credit fails it is always a hassle.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 1:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: KF
Sure, good point thanks, should title 'credit' not 'transfer'.

I did get the first lot of miles eventually but spent a bit of time chasing up.

The second lot I was prepared for a few phone calls to KF (Singapore office, forget local) but after a call, an email then submitting missing miles form with explanation KF got back to me (phoned me from Singapore office) in less than a week and explained they had renewed SAG as if miles had gone through.

So that's a good result but there is definitely something wrong with miles credit for VS flights to KF (because it's a partner not SA member).
Old Apr 25, 2014, 7:02 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by ci1jmb
..So that's a good result but there is definitely something wrong with miles credit for VS flights to KF (because it's a partner not SA member).
Sure .. it is messed up as so many other interfaces within the *A. But it is not terminally broken as e.g. flight credit from MS.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 8:15 am

Programs: SQ*G, SPG Platinum, FPC Premier
Would OP care to share which part of Vrigin you contacted to check that the miles were transferred to SQ? Would it be the Flying Club (VS's loyalty program)?

I'm facing a similar problem but it seems SQ says the miles haven't been credited.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 11:02 pm

Programs: SQ*G, SPG Platinum, FPC Premier
Originally Posted by roverkt
Would OP care to share which part of Vrigin you contacted to check that the miles were transferred to SQ? Would it be the Flying Club (VS's loyalty program)?

I'm facing a similar problem but it seems SQ says the miles haven't been credited.
I'm not normally fond of responding to my own questions but thought this update might be useful for others. I just got the VS miles credited into my KF account, 11 days after the flight departure date. I guess this is much longer than what I'm normally used to (same-day for SQ flights and 4 days for OZ), which was initial cause for concern.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.