Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Does Singapore Airlines provide hotel for long layover (23 hour)

Does Singapore Airlines provide hotel for long layover (23 hour)

Old Apr 14, 2014, 11:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA
Question Does Singapore Airlines provide hotel for long layover (23 hour)

I am flying from CFS to MAN via SIN with Singapore Airlines. The shortest flight option has a 22.5 hour layover in Singapore. Does Singapore Airlines provide a hotel for layover's of this length similar to how Emirates does ?
Old Apr 15, 2014, 5:50 pm

Programs: SQ PPS, *A G
Never heard of such a thing for SQ.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
No they don't but they do have a stop over plan, where you get a hotel room during your stop over and its not free but cheaper than the regular rates:

http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/sp...s/landingpage/
Old Apr 15, 2014, 10:15 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Stopover is not such a bad thing on such a long (4 hop) journey. Is the stopover on the way there or the way back? If it does bother you though have you considered a couple of alternatives:
- Only travelling to (or from) LHR on the leg with the long stopover and taking the train to MAN (bearing in mind the MAN flight goes via Munich anyway,which adds time) . With this should be able do MAN on the other leg.
- Purchasing separate tickets CFS-SYD and SYD-MAN to see if that eliminates the long stopover (of course allowing plenty of time between the flights on the different tickets).

I guess too late if you have already booked and ticketed your flights.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 1:55 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by lukewd
I am flying from CFS to MAN via SIN with Singapore Airlines. The shortest flight option has a 22.5 hour layover in Singapore. Does Singapore Airlines provide a hotel for layover's of this length similar to how Emirates does ?
Flying CFS-SYD gives options for much shorter transits at SIN.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 9:33 am

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
Singapore airlines does provide STPC's provided out of certain markets (I have got them for Sri Lanka and India issue tickets) - provided that the 23 hour layover isn't by your choosing and there are not alternative flights with better connections (for example LAX-MAA). They do restrict this on certain lower fare types in economy. If schedule has another option, but that flight is full or more expensive, you will not be given an STPC - only due to suitable connection not existing. This is handled by the SQ office in the country of issue of your ticket and must be prebooked.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 4:31 am

Hello.I want to fly to japan from istanbul via singapore and i want to buy return ticket .During the layover time (18 hours),i want to visit singapore city.I have Greek passport and i dont need a visa to enter singapore.According to these information

1.After landing to sinapore,Can i go to passport control point directly to enter Singapore city if i have a boarding pass for next flight (for tokyo)?

2.What must be address on The Disembarkation/ Embarkation Card (D/E card) ?

3. Will I need to pay airport tax when I enter Singapore?If it is Yes,where can i pay at Changi airport?

4. Should i inform airline agency about entering City of Singapore before depature in Istanbul or when i arrive at Changi airport during layover time?
Old Nov 15, 2014, 11:52 am

Programs: FSPP, Impresario, Prive, Virtuoso
Originally Posted by seaman007
1.After landing to sinapore,Can i go to passport control point directly to enter Singapore city if i have a boarding pass for next flight (for tokyo)?

2.What must be address on The Disembarkation/ Embarkation Card (D/E card) ?

3. Will I need to pay airport tax when I enter Singapore?If it is Yes,where can i pay at Changi airport?

4. Should i inform airline agency about entering City of Singapore before depature in Istanbul or when i arrive at Changi airport during layover time?
1. Yes
2. Just write you are in transit. If your transit is overnight, write where you will be staying the night.
3. No
4. Not needed.
Old May 19, 2022, 8:00 am

Programs: Nil
Will SQ provide a complementary or discounted hotel accommodation when the layover time is longer than 10 hours ?
Old May 19, 2022, 8:02 am

Programs: Nil
Question Complementary hotel at layover

Please inform if Singapore Airlines provides complementary/discounted hotel fare if official layover is more than 10 hours?
monubuddha
Old May 19, 2022, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by monubuddha
Please inform if Singapore Airlines provides complementary/discounted hotel fare if official layover is more than 10 hours?
monubuddha
No. Nothing.
DiamondMile likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.