Wiki Posts
Search

Waitlisted on a cash purchase ticket

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2022, 1:15 am
Original Poster

Waitlisted on a cash purchase ticket

Hi,

I have booked 2 Adults and 1 child tickets from SIN to CTS in Dec 2022 where I should have bought 3 adults and 1 child due to credit card limit. Just 2 days after purchasing the 2+1 tickets, I tried to purchase the 1 adult ticket but it was sold out. SIA told me that they would appeal my case and now I am on waitlist without any end sight and the tickets on other airlines are also selling out quickly. What should I do? The 1 ticket is actually for my mother who’s illiterate and def unable to travel alone and I made the stupid mistake of buying the 2 initial adults under the name of me and my wife where I should have bought it under my mum and my instead.
Old May 19, 2022, 2:48 am

Are you able to purchase tickets for another date? If yes, since SQ allows date change you can move your dates and coincide with the new ticket date.

Alternatively, ask if they can change your wife's name on your bought tickets to your mother. And you wife will fly herself on a different flight?
Old May 19, 2022, 3:05 am
Original Poster

SIA doesn’t allow name change or transfer of tickets sadly. Apparently the whole of Dec to March 2023 is sold out for the same destination. Can you believe that?

Originally Posted by Squeezy
Are you able to purchase tickets for another date? If yes, since SQ allows date change you can move your dates and coincide with the new ticket date.

Alternatively, ask if they can change your wife's name on your bought tickets to your mother. And you wife will fly herself on a different flight?
Old May 19, 2022, 3:49 am

Originally Posted by Wym2308
SIA doesn’t allow name change or transfer of tickets sadly. Apparently the whole of Dec to March 2023 is sold out for the same destination. Can you believe that?
It's likely not "sold out". SIA likely closed reservations for this route for various reasons. They will likely cancel all flights or re-open them for sale. If they cancel the flights, all four of you need to find an alternative. If the re-open the flights again, OP can buy a new ticket for your mother.
Old May 19, 2022, 3:56 am
Original Poster

ya, due to unknown reasons that the customer service is unaware of as well. They could only tell me it’s sold out and unavailable. So they said that I could get the tickets from other airlines if I’m rushing. I was abit shocked to hear that as well.

Originally Posted by alamah
It's likely not "sold out". SIA likely closed reservations for this route for various reasons. They will likely cancel all flights or re-open them for sale. If they cancel the flights, all four of you need to find an alternative. If the re-open the flights again, OP can buy a new ticket for your mother.
Old May 19, 2022, 4:39 am

CTS is seasonal route. It might not resume at all unless Japan open up. Right now they are taking small steps to open up. So just wait a while. Not sure which other airline flying CTS
Old May 19, 2022, 5:48 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
What about via HND? SQ into HND and then SQ codeshare from HND to CTS on flight operated by ANA.
Old May 19, 2022, 6:07 am
Original Poster

apparently sin to HND is the part that is completely sold out.

Originally Posted by lokijuh
What about via HND? SQ into HND and then SQ codeshare from HND to CTS on flight operated by ANA.
Old May 19, 2022, 6:36 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by Wym2308
apparently sin to HND is the part that is completely sold out.
OK, then definitely wait and see then.

t looks like SQ have restored a full pre-COVID schedule to HND come November, but have blocked sales of the flights until clarity around Japan opening (or not). Pre November they are only operating a daily flight, so it's almost certain that flight will continue, even if Japan doesn't open up.
Old May 19, 2022, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by lokijuh
OK, then definitely wait and see then.

t looks like SQ have restored a full pre-COVID schedule to HND come November, but have blocked sales of the flights until clarity around Japan opening (or not). Pre November they are only operating a daily flight, so it's almost certain that flight will continue, even if Japan doesn't open up.
If Japan does not open up by Nov, won't OP have to rebook into another destination? By then it might be too late as flights to most countries that are opened earlier are likely to be full?

SQ is not helping by being vague.
Old May 19, 2022, 7:38 am
Original Poster

nothing much I can do now.. they are not lacking in business since Covid’s relaxation and resumption of travel.. they can advise me to cancel my SQ ticket and consider other airlines so I think they are fine

Originally Posted by Squeezy
If Japan does not open up by Nov, won't OP have to rebook into another destination? By then it might be too late as flights to most countries that are opened earlier are likely to be full?

SQ is not helping by being vague.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.