Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Which SQ Europe Routes have the newest J seat?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2014, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BR Diamond, Marriott Ambassador

Am looking to go to Europe (specifically Copenhagen and Amsterdam) this summer for work. Anyone know if any other routes from SIN to Europe have or are going to get the new J seat other than the SIN LHR flight currently?

Would really like to experience this product and willing to do a short Euro connection if that's what it takes.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 10:53 am

I believe they only have received a third 77W recently, and I don't think three 77Ws are not enough to serve two destination in Europe. So it looks like LHR will continue to be the only European destination until another one arrives.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by hlee628
Am looking to go to Europe (specifically Copenhagen and Amsterdam) this summer for work. Anyone know if any other routes from SIN to Europe have or are going to get the new J seat other than the SIN LHR flight currently?

Would really like to experience this product and willing to do a short Euro connection if that's what it takes.
Why don't you take a short Euro connection to LHR then?? AMS-LHR is approx 1 hour...
Old Mar 27, 2014, 8:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SQ319
Why don't you take a short Euro connection to LHR then?? AMS-LHR is approx 1 hour...
Ah yes, i should have mentioned that before sorry. I'm specifically looking to avoid an LHR connection because the head office of the company I work for is located in London. If my itinerary shows me passing through LHR, inevitably they will ask me to stopover and come in to do some extra work.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 8:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stargold
I believe they only have received a third 77W recently, and I don't think three 77Ws are not enough to serve two destination in Europe. So it looks like LHR will continue to be the only European destination until another one arrives.
ah ok. so at least one is serving SIN-LHR, and then I saw a trip report the other day of another one serving SIN-BOM. I guess these would be the only two routes right now?
Old Mar 28, 2014, 4:16 am

ah ok. so at least one is serving SIN-LHR, and then I saw a trip report the other day of another one serving SIN-BOM. I guess these would be the only two routes right now?
I believe BOM is part of the cycle, i.e. SIN-LHR-SIN-BOM-SIN-LHR etc - they need two aircraft in order to do this daily. It has been also seen going to Australia on occasion as well.

I think the third one will perhaps allow another short-ish destination?
Old Mar 29, 2014, 1:34 pm

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
In europe its only going to be LHR for a while on the 77W flight
Old Mar 30, 2014, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
I donīt fly SQ too often, so correct me if Iīm wrong, but IMO thereīs not a huge difference between the J seat on the 77W and 380 and the "new" J seat being introduced?

Personally, Iīm slightly surprised about the introduction of the new J seat since SQ is still using some "old" (rather unimpressive) J seats on SIN-AKL as well as some European routes.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 4:31 am

Although trying a new product out is exciting for everybody, I am of the opinion that its too small of a difference to warrant an extra hop.

Do remember that unless you ticket the whole trip together, you will also have to pay taxes out of LHR.

Way too much trouble imo to sample a new product although, the new J are really nice.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 4:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
I donīt fly SQ too often, so correct me if Iīm wrong, but IMO thereīs not a huge difference between the J seat on the 77W and 380 and the "new" J seat being introduced?

Personally, Iīm slightly surprised about the introduction of the new J seat since SQ is still using some "old" (rather unimpressive) J seats on SIN-AKL as well as some European routes.
Originally Posted by mitwg
Although trying a new product out is exciting for everybody, I am of the opinion that its too small of a difference to warrant an extra hop.

Do remember that unless you ticket the whole trip together, you will also have to pay taxes out of LHR.

Way too much trouble imo to sample a new product although, the new J are really nice.
Would agree with you both with regard to the extra cost not being worth it if I were paying out of pocket, but it will be for work so on someone else's dime it's definitely worth it for me.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 6:01 am

Would agree with you both with regard to the extra cost not being worth it if I were paying out of pocket, but it will be for work so on someone else's dime it's definitely worth it for me.
Fair enough. I think it might be a great opportunity to test out the product if thats the case.

For the AMS flight as well, they are swapping out the 772 to the 77W from 31/03 4 times a week so I think you are in luck either way, even though it won't be the 77WN.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 7:03 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Have not flown SQ318/319 with the new seats in J yet, but I don't like that the old J seat can be converted into a flat bed, but otherwise in seating position it does not recline. I thought that it does in the new J product
Old Mar 30, 2014, 9:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
Have not flown SQ318/319 with the new seats in J yet, but I don't like that the old J seat can be converted into a flat bed, but otherwise in seating position it does not recline. I thought that it does in the new J product
hmmmm. can anyone confirm this? The one trip report I saw on airliners does not cover this portion, but if indeed you can recline further than the old J seat I would view this as a big improvement.

Here is the link for reference:

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...d.main/251202/
Old Mar 31, 2014, 6:56 am

The recline is definitely better in seat mode on the 77WN.

I especially liked the new pillow design. Maybe its a placebo thing but they feel much more premium compared to the old blue colored ones that made me feel like I'm at a hospital.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mitwg
The recline is definitely better in seat mode on the 77WN.

I especially liked the new pillow design. Maybe its a placebo thing but they feel much more premium compared to the old blue colored ones that made me feel like I'm at a hospital.
funny you mentioned that. i've always thought the color was very weird also, but not because it feels like a hospital. i've always thought that the blue didn't match anything in the cabin, especially with the orange/brown seats. the only think i guess it matches is the equally ugly socks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.