Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Can I confirm TPR access when connecting to 2-class?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2014, 9:40 am
Original Poster

All - flying LAXDPS on an R reward (one way), looking forward to the A380 suites. I'm unsure whether I'll have TPR access if I produce my LAXSIN boarding pass, some articles suggest yes, others no. I realize TPR and SINDPS flights are in different terminals, I trust this isn't an issue?

Pardon my ignorance, CX is my usual NYCDPS carrier, this is the first time I'll be saying SQ on this route.

Thanks in advance - Jamie
Old Mar 3, 2014, 4:02 am

I have a feeling you'll be let into F SKL but not TPR.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 4:55 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Platinum,SQ, DL, AA, Hyatt
Originally Posted by jamienbaker
All - flying LAXDPS on an R reward (one way), looking forward to the A380 suites. I'm unsure whether I'll have TPR access if I produce my LAXSIN boarding pass, some articles suggest yes, others no. I realize TPR and SINDPS flights are in different terminals, I trust this isn't an issue?
Hi Jamie, for your case, you have an issue, and it is not about your onwards flight being in T2 or T3. It is your time of arrival. If you are on the direct SQ11 flight, you are arriving in SIN around 0300hrs. Unfortunately, at that hour, the TPR is closed. They close at 0200hrs and reopen around 0600hrs.

So, you have no choice but to only stay at the SKL F.

Btw, I believe this was highlighted to you in another thread on December 15, 2013: TPR hours, waitlist question
Old Mar 3, 2014, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chrisksc
Hi Jamie, for your case, you have an issue, and it is not about your onwards flight being in T2 or T3. It is your time of arrival. If you are on the direct SQ11 flight, you are arriving in SIN around 0300hrs. Unfortunately, at that hour, the TPR is closed. They close at 0200hrs and reopen around 0600hrs.

So, you have no choice but to only stay at the SKL F.

Btw, I believe this was highlighted to you in another thread on December 15, 2013: TPR hours, waitlist question
I've come across numerous trip reports suggesting 0500 opening time. And an equal number of trip reports suggesting inbound F passengers will be turned away. So I'm hoping for some definitive clarity on policy and hours.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 8:58 am

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum+Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Delta Plat, United Silver, AX Biz Cent
TPR access is only given if you are departing from that airport in F or R. If you are arriving in F/R and departing in J, you will be given access to the F lounge only.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by some dude
TPR access is only given if you are departing from that airport in F or R. If you are arriving in F/R and departing in J, you will be given access to the F lounge only.
And are you sure your intel is recent? Looks like most trip reports where access was granted were within the last 4 months. Just wondering.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

And are you sure your intel is recent? Looks like most trip reports where access was granted were within the last 4 months. Just wondering how this guy made it in.
http://boardingarea.com/pointmetothe...n-trip-report/

And some more...

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=183188

Last edited by jamienbaker; Mar 3, 2014 at 1:16 pm
Old Mar 3, 2014, 8:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Platinum,SQ, DL, AA, Hyatt
I've come across numerous trip reports suggesting 0500 opening time. And an equal number of trip reports suggesting inbound F passengers will be turned away. So I'm hoping for some definitive clarity on policy and hours.
Hi Jamie, if that is the case, you should have continued with that thread and not start a new thread.

As for your situation, even if, and that is an IF, you are allowed to use the TPR and it opens at 0500hrs, you will have barely enough time to enjoy it as your onward flight departs at 0705hrs (assuming SQ940). Don't forget, TPR is in T3 and you are departing from T2. You need sufficient time to make your way there and not to forget the security screening.

There are many unknowns in your case, especially which gate in T2. Just hope it is not at the end of the E concourse. Plan accordingly.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 3:48 am

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum+Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Delta Plat, United Silver, AX Biz Cent
And are you sure your intel is recent? Looks like most trip reports where access was granted were within the last 4 months. Just wondering.
Last week I flew IAH-DME-SIN in F, and SIN-MLE in J, I was only given access to the F SKL.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 3:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chrisksc
Hi Jamie, if that is the case, you should have continued with that thread and not start a new thread.

As for your situation, even if, and that is an IF, you are allowed to use the TPR and it opens at 0500hrs, you will have barely enough time to enjoy it as your onward flight departs at 0705hrs (assuming SQ940). Don't forget, TPR is in T3 and you are departing from T2. You need sufficient time to make your way there and not to forget the security screening.

There are many unknowns in your case, especially which gate in T2. Just hope it is not at the end of the E concourse. Plan accordingly.
Thanks for your guidance. Even 25 minutes in TPR would be a treat, before navigating over to T2. As for access, given the absolute lack of clarity on FT, I reached out to SQ and received the following : We would like to confirm that passengers arriving
into Singapore on First/Business Class, and transiting to a Singapore
Airlines/SilkAir flight on Business Class have access to The Private Room.
Therefore, you are eligible for access.

So it sounds like I'm set. Thanks - Jamie
Old Mar 4, 2014, 4:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by some dude
Last week I flew IAH-DME-SIN in F, and SIN-MLE in J, I was only given access to the F SKL.
Were you turned away, or simply directed to the closest F SKL . As noted, I've confirmed the policy with SQ, I intend to keep a copy of their email with me. You should have been let in.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 8:27 pm

Programs: NorthSails® | Starboard | ION
from recent personal experience, i can confirm SQ's policy of granting TPR access when arriving in Suites and departing in 2-class J…
Old Mar 5, 2014, 1:31 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
We would like to confirm that passengers arriving
into Singapore on First/Business Class, and transiting to a Singapore
Airlines/SilkAir flight on Business Class have access to The Private Room.
Therefore, you are eligible for access.

That seems to suggest that one were to arrive on Business Class and leave on Business Class, one can get TPR access.

What is the agent talking about?
Old Mar 5, 2014, 1:32 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
del - double post
Old Mar 5, 2014, 7:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lsed
That seems to suggest that one were to arrive on Business Class and leave on Business Class, one can get TPR access.

What is the agent talking about?
A subsequent email from SQ: Passengers arriving into Singapore on First Class transiting to a Singapore
Airlines/SilkAir Business Class flight only may access The Private Room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.