Question about SQ826 service

Old Oct 9, 2013, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan
Question about SQ826 service

Hi all,
Will be flying the redeye from SIN - PVG in a few weeks . This is my first time on SQ or at SIN airport so I would like some advice.

1. I'll be in J class so I'll have lounge access. When is the best time to enter the lounge to have dinner? Is it possible to exit the lounge and then re-enter (I would like to explore the airport as I heard great things about it)? I would like to take a shower before the flight as well - is this pretty straightforward to arrange? Is there only 1 lounge to choose from - if not, which is the best?

2. What type of meal service is normal on this flight (I assume there's no service at the beginning, only the end?)

Thanks!
Old Oct 17, 2013, 9:18 am
Original Poster

bump . . does anyone have any helpful information
Old Oct 17, 2013, 9:39 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by bobloblaw007
Hi all,
1. I'll be in J class so I'll have lounge access. When is the best time to enter the lounge to have dinner? Is it possible to exit the lounge and then re-enter (I would like to explore the airport as I heard great things about it)? I would like to take a shower before the flight as well - is this pretty straightforward to arrange? Is there only 1 lounge to choose from - if not, which is the best?
You can have dinner at any time during the evening, but IMHO probably best time is around 9pm - when the lounge empties (somewhat) after the first wave of Australasian departures (which depart around 9pm), but before the lounge becomes really busy with European/second wave Australian/North Asia departures. You can enter multiple times, and even lounge hop between the lounges in T3 (where you will be departing) and T2 (which is accessible via Skytrain + 5 min walk). Showers are relatively easy to arrange, but for no wait try for less busy period. Lounges in T2 & T3 are similar, but T2 lounge will be much quieter due to less late evening departures.

Originally Posted by bobloblaw007
2. What type of meal service is normal on this flight (I assume there's no service at the beginning, only the end?)
The service, I think, will be supper/breakfast service, where you can chose to eat either upon departure or before arrival. There should be one main meal choice plus lighter (supper) and breakfast choices. If you want to guarantee a main meal - look at doing Book the Cook via meal selection in your booking on the SQ website (or via phone or travel agent). (google it or search this forum for more details).
Old Oct 17, 2013, 9:57 am

Programs: SQ AA TK
Just got off 825. The PVG-SIN red eye. Flight left at 0035. The service was supper. 1 starter, 3 main, dessert, cheese w/o fruits, pralines. I would assume 826 is similar.

Prior to arrival, juice and hot towels.

Amenity = slippers & eye shades.

In SG for SQ, no lounge invites are used. Boarding pass will suffice to gain access to SKL. Don't see any issue with re-entry.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies! I will follow the advice.
One more question: Are the various gardens in the airport open 24 hours? (including the rooftop ones)
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:59 am

Yes. There's also a great open air bit in T2 where it face the tarmac - really nice.

Also if you're in the airport in the late evening use the T2 lounge as it is a lot emptier usually - the T3 lounge is packed with Australian/Japan/Korea/European departures. Food is just as nice IMO.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 9:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, VA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
I've done the SIN-PVG/NRT/KIX/PEK flights (and vv) and can vouch for all the info other posters have quoted below.

Good tip about going to T2 though, I've never bothered but perhaps it's a good idea as the T3 SKL isn't so pleasant when it's jam-packed.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 9:49 am

T2 is always empty around 10pm/11pm mark when T3 is packed with all the redeye departures - definitely worth checking out.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 9:12 pm
Original Poster

Thank you all! Will definitely check out T2 lounge
Old Oct 19, 2013, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by belfordrocks
T2 is always empty around 10pm/11pm mark when T3 is packed with all the redeye departures - definitely worth checking out.
Not really. LHs A380 is leaving just before midnight and LH has one of the biggest C-Sections (98 seats) on such a bird. Can get quite busy in the T2 lounge from 10.30pm onwards.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 5:26 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Just checked SQ website & looks like SQ826 only has breakfast options for BTC, any idea what's on the supper menu? Thanks.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 6:15 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, LeClubAccor Gold, Enrich
Originally Posted by SQ325
Not really. LHs A380 is leaving just before midnight and LH has one of the biggest C-Sections (98 seats) on such a bird. Can get quite busy in the T2 lounge from 10.30pm onwards.
Does LHs J/F class shares the same lounge as SQ J/F (ie, SKL). If i remember correctly, SKL is exclusively for PPS, SQ J and F class. Correct me if i'm wrong though.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by shull22
Does LHs J/F class shares the same lounge as SQ J/F (ie, SKL). If i remember correctly, SKL is exclusively for PPS, SQ J and F class. Correct me if i'm wrong though.
I'm afraid you are.

All Star F = SKL F access
All Star J = SKL J access

It has been that way for some time. A good few years at least. Only the TPR is reserved for SQ passengers.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 6:34 pm

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by rdchen
Just checked SQ website & looks like SQ826 only has breakfast options for BTC, any idea what's on the supper menu? Thanks.
A few years back when I took SQ826 in J class, they offer breakfast before landing and light snack after take-off. I will be taking this flight next weekend, will update if there has been any changes.

My friend who took SQ825 in Y class (red-eye from PVG-SIN) said that supper is served on this flight after take-off.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 11:34 am

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Thanks, look forward to your update.

Originally Posted by hclee01
A few years back when I took SQ826 in J class, they offer breakfast before landing and light snack after take-off. I will be taking this flight next weekend, will update if there has been any changes.

My friend who took SQ825 in Y class (red-eye from PVG-SIN) said that supper is served on this flight after take-off.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.