Wiki Posts
Search

PPS vs SQ Gold

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2013, 1:35 am
Original Poster

PPS vs SQ Gold

Hi

Just wondering which one (PPS or SQ Gold) would have a higher Waitlist Priority.

Gold is based on Elite Miles whereas PPS is based on $SIN value to the airline.

Would anyone have any idea where the pecking order is, if there is one ?

Thanks in advance
Old May 6, 2013, 6:11 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
I would say Solitare, then PPS then Gold and Silvers (if they're even actually given anything priority).
Since PPS is already Gold

Question is, does telling the agent that you're *G make a difference?
Old May 7, 2013, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by lsed
I would say Solitare, then PPS then Gold and Silvers (if they're even actually given anything priority).
Since PPS is already Gold

Question is, does telling the agent that you're *G make a difference?
KF Silver and *S can still get waitlist priority, it is a * benefit.
Old May 7, 2013, 6:40 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
There is no pecking order when it comes to award availability, but the general consensus is that waitlist-priority is given according to status. Not sure how SQ do this officially, but on an overall level PPS members are regarded much higher - no comparison even with "regular" *G.
Old May 7, 2013, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aster
.... Not sure how SQ do this officially, but on an overall level PPS members are regarded much higher - no comparison even with "regular" *G.
That's what I thought too.

But it is worth touching base with the 'regulars' here.

Thanks
Old May 8, 2013, 8:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
The pecking order is indeed PPS Solitaire > PPS > KF Gold > KF Silver

PPS is higher in the pecking order as this status can only be achieved by flying paid J and F. You can get to KF Gold by only flying Y and even without ever having set foot on SQ.

If you are PPS and KF Gold at the same time, only your PPS status will be reflected (as it is the higher status), e.g. you will only have a PPS Club card.

Within the same level, the number of qualifying years gives priority. A PPS for ten years beats a PPS member of five years.
Old May 8, 2013, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by SMK77
The pecking order is indeed PPS Solitaire > PPS > KF Gold > KF Silver

PPS is higher in the pecking order as this status can only be achieved by flying paid J and F. You can get to KF Gold by only flying Y and even without ever having set foot on SQ.

If you are PPS and KF Gold at the same time, only your PPS status will be reflected (as it is the higher status), e.g. you will only have a PPS Club card.

Within the same level, the number of qualifying years gives priority. A PPS for ten years beats a PPS member of five years.
Pretty conclusive post right here..nothing to add.

Very niche question..but I assume (the old) lifetime PPS fits in between PPS Solitaire and regular PPS?
Old May 8, 2013, 9:28 pm

Programs: SQ PPS, LH SEN, CX Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by LegroomOz
Hi

Just wondering which one (PPS or SQ Gold) would have a higher Waitlist Priority.

Gold is based on Elite Miles whereas PPS is based on $SIN value to the airline.

Would anyone have any idea where the pecking order is, if there is one ?

Thanks in advance
As mentioned before, unlike Gold where you can accrue in economy class on all *A carriers, PPS$ are only accrued in J/F on SQ planes and it's even more restrictive as even when codesharing, it does not work, must be SQ plane and crew)... I wanted to try Asiana between SIN and ICN, if if codeshare SQ, it did not work.
Old May 9, 2013, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by willski
Pretty conclusive post right here..nothing to add.

Very niche question..but I assume (the old) lifetime PPS fits in between PPS Solitaire and regular PPS?
the old Life Solitaire is still above PPS Solitaire and regular PPS
Old May 9, 2013, 5:25 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
What at about *G partner members. Will SQ give a damn about us at all when we call in to push for waitlist?
Old May 9, 2013, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by lsed
What at about *G partner members. Will SQ give a damn about us at all when we call in to push for waitlist?
Why not?

Priority Waitlist is a benefit for *G and *S.

Of course, you will be after that program's own elite first.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.