Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 6, 13, 1:35 am   #1
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 79
PPS vs SQ Gold

Hi

Just wondering which one (PPS or SQ Gold) would have a higher Waitlist Priority.

Gold is based on Elite Miles whereas PPS is based on $SIN value to the airline.

Would anyone have any idea where the pecking order is, if there is one ?

Thanks in advance
LegroomOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 13, 6:11 am   #2
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Programs: EK G, A3 G, QR S |IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH G, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager, CC G,
Posts: 1,559
I would say Solitare, then PPS then Gold and Silvers (if they're even actually given anything priority).
Since PPS is already Gold

Question is, does telling the agent that you're *G make a difference?
lsed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 13, 5:20 am   #3
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: SFO, HKG
Programs: UA Premier 1K, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, AMEX Platinum, TSA PreCheck
Posts: 4,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsed View Post
I would say Solitare, then PPS then Gold and Silvers (if they're even actually given anything priority).
Since PPS is already Gold

Question is, does telling the agent that you're *G make a difference?
KF Silver and *S can still get waitlist priority, it is a * benefit.
garykung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 13, 6:40 am   #4
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Singapore, Warsaw, Sydney
Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Swiss˘tel Circle ElevÓ
Posts: 4,336
There is no pecking order when it comes to award availability, but the general consensus is that waitlist-priority is given according to status. Not sure how SQ do this officially, but on an overall level PPS members are regarded much higher - no comparison even with "regular" *G.
aster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 13, 8:16 pm   #5
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by aster View Post
.... Not sure how SQ do this officially, but on an overall level PPS members are regarded much higher - no comparison even with "regular" *G.
That's what I thought too.

But it is worth touching base with the 'regulars' here.

Thanks
LegroomOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 13, 8:00 am   #6
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,565
The pecking order is indeed PPS Solitaire > PPS > KF Gold > KF Silver

PPS is higher in the pecking order as this status can only be achieved by flying paid J and F. You can get to KF Gold by only flying Y and even without ever having set foot on SQ.

If you are PPS and KF Gold at the same time, only your PPS status will be reflected (as it is the higher status), e.g. you will only have a PPS Club card.

Within the same level, the number of qualifying years gives priority. A PPS for ten years beats a PPS member of five years.
SMK77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 13, 10:15 am   #7
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMK77 View Post
The pecking order is indeed PPS Solitaire > PPS > KF Gold > KF Silver

PPS is higher in the pecking order as this status can only be achieved by flying paid J and F. You can get to KF Gold by only flying Y and even without ever having set foot on SQ.

If you are PPS and KF Gold at the same time, only your PPS status will be reflected (as it is the higher status), e.g. you will only have a PPS Club card.

Within the same level, the number of qualifying years gives priority. A PPS for ten years beats a PPS member of five years.
Pretty conclusive post right here..nothing to add.

Very niche question..but I assume (the old) lifetime PPS fits in between PPS Solitaire and regular PPS?
willski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 13, 9:28 pm   #8
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: SIN
Programs: SQ PPS, LH SEN, CX Gold, SPG Plat
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegroomOz View Post
Hi

Just wondering which one (PPS or SQ Gold) would have a higher Waitlist Priority.

Gold is based on Elite Miles whereas PPS is based on $SIN value to the airline.

Would anyone have any idea where the pecking order is, if there is one ?

Thanks in advance
As mentioned before, unlike Gold where you can accrue in economy class on all *A carriers, PPS$ are only accrued in J/F on SQ planes and it's even more restrictive as even when codesharing, it does not work, must be SQ plane and crew)... I wanted to try Asiana between SIN and ICN, if if codeshare SQ, it did not work.
Durian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 13, 12:48 am   #9
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by willski View Post
Pretty conclusive post right here..nothing to add.

Very niche question..but I assume (the old) lifetime PPS fits in between PPS Solitaire and regular PPS?
the old Life Solitaire is still above PPS Solitaire and regular PPS
antkleve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 13, 5:25 am   #10
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Programs: EK G, A3 G, QR S |IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH G, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager, CC G,
Posts: 1,559
What at about *G partner members. Will SQ give a damn about us at all when we call in to push for waitlist?
lsed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 13, 4:15 pm   #11
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: SFO, HKG
Programs: UA Premier 1K, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, AMEX Platinum, TSA PreCheck
Posts: 4,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsed View Post
What at about *G partner members. Will SQ give a damn about us at all when we call in to push for waitlist?
Why not?

Priority Waitlist is a benefit for *G and *S.

Of course, you will be after that program's own elite first.
garykung is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 5:52 pm.