Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A380 upstairs economy seats

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:57 am
Original Poster

A380 upstairs economy seats

I'm booked on Singapore air in economy from LAX-NRT in the upper deck economy section on the A380. Seatguru indicates that the upper deck economy seats have no power and no personal TV, which I'm not sure if I can do without for such a long flight. Can anyone tell me if Seatguru is correct or incorrect? I cannot find a notation on the Singapore Air site that indicates the upper deck economy seats are without those amenities.

dcman2
Old Jan 23, 2013, 11:40 am

Programs: SQ & QF
Seatguru is 100% wrong, ignore it

They have a power outlet and AVOD (a pretty good one as well)
Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Thank you! Maybe a glitch in the app or something didn't get correctly marked given the 2 configurations. Regardless, I appreciate the information.

- dcman2
Old Jan 23, 2013, 5:16 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Not the first time SeatGuru would get something wrong...

The AVOD is there and it is the best one I have ever used. You will love it even more if you take the chance to venture into new territory like Japanese/Chinese/Korean films for instance as they have a nice selection of movies such countries as well.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by dcman2
I'm booked on Singapore air in economy from LAX-NRT in the upper deck economy section on the A380. Seatguru indicates that the upper deck economy seats have no power and no personal TV, which I'm not sure if I can do without for such a long flight. Can anyone tell me if Seatguru is correct or incorrect? I cannot find a notation on the Singapore Air site that indicates the upper deck economy seats are without those amenities.

dcman2
Pay $50 for the emergency exit seats. It makes a whole lot of difference for long flights !
Old Jan 24, 2013, 5:49 am

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Pay $50 for the emergency exit seats. It makes a whole lot of difference for long flights !
+1
Old Jan 24, 2013, 5:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aster
Not the first time SeatGuru would get something wrong...

The AVOD is there and it is the best one I have ever used. You will love it even more if you take the chance to venture into new territory like Japanese/Chinese/Korean films for instance as they have a nice selection of movies such countries as well.
I saw a slew of Korean horror movies on the Sundance Channel a few years ago. Great stuff, I was scared of shadows and jumping at sounds for weeks!

Yes, we're looking at the emergency exit rows - thanks for the advice!

dcman2
Old Jan 24, 2013, 9:57 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Originally Posted by dcman2
I saw a slew of Korean horror movies on the Sundance Channel a few years ago. Great stuff, I was scared of shadows and jumping at sounds for weeks!

Yes, we're looking at the emergency exit rows - thanks for the advice!

dcman2
I really like how SQ's AVOD carries all these local films from countries in the region, and it's always been my best (and probably only) chance to check out such films.

Definitely go for the exit row seats as the price for them is absolute peanuts.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 5:53 pm

I found the 3 times I flew upper deck on the 380 on SQ, there were too many crying babies or kids 3 or 4 each time. I think the put them up all there. So bring ear plugs.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 7:18 am

Programs: Work from home now, no more status for me
For economy is it better to sit upstairs or downstairs when it comes to how fast you get off the plane? I'll be disembarking in SFO.

Last edited by thirdfey; Jan 26, 2013 at 7:28 am
Old Jan 26, 2013, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by thirdfey
For economy is it better to sit upstairs or downstairs when it comes to how fast you get off the plane? I'll be disembarking in SFO.
The only benefit of sitting in the Y cabin in the upper compartment is the the pax to washroom ratio is much better.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
The only benefit of sitting in the Y cabin in the upper compartment is the the pax to washroom ratio is much better.
Considering there is a staircase at the end I believe a lot of the "toilet traffic" is balanced out as well as it could be.

Plus you have to take into account the types of people who would love to do a toilet visit on both levels of the aircraft during their flight...
Old Jan 27, 2013, 12:51 pm
Mul

Considering there is a staircase at the end I believe a lot of the "toilet traffic" is balanced out as well as it could be.

Plus you have to take into account the types of people who would love to do a toilet visit on both levels of the aircraft during their flight...
I flew on SQ2 late December 2012, the inaguration flght using A380 , the staircase was blocked during the flight. It was open earlier in the flight but about 2 hours later they block it off.

I was in Upper deck , it was nice ! If you're on emergency exit seat, there is no USB port, only AC power outlet.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond

LOL, if they can hold it in otherwise the staircase is gonna be a mess, yuk
Old Feb 12, 2013, 1:44 pm

Programs: Work from home now, no more status for me
Smile

Just a followup. Economy upstairs deplanes right after business class and somewhat before downstairs economy. Helps you get through customs quite a bit faster. Seats have power and all of that good stuff. Window seats have a like a shelf with storage between the seat and window. This is a relatively small economy section so service is pretty quick. This was on sq2 yesterday and there were enough empty seats that i didn't have anyone sitting next to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.