Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Booking award ticket in suites: what does 'Waitlist' mean?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking award ticket in suites: what does 'Waitlist' mean?

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2014, 12:07 am

Programs: SQ QPP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Taj Inner Circle Gold
Originally Posted by tng11
IME it was also possible:

1. Create booking online, ticketed (miles redeemed and taxes paid.)
2. Call to waitlist on a certain segment/flight a day earlier (no additional miles necessary or fees)
3. Confirm waitlisted segment when it was made available through the KF call centre. Again, no additional miles or fees.

So you should call and try to ask them to add you to the waitlist for the day you want.
I have faced difficulties wait listing award tickets after they have been issued.

It's a hit and miss depending on the agent but most agents now seem to refuse waitlist once ticket is already issued (a problem frequently encountered if you are trying to change dates after issuance as some sectors allow waitlist only).
Old May 12, 2014, 5:54 pm

The day I wanted opened up today and I just called and they changed it for me. No fee or anything. I asked if there was a charge and the guy said no, since it was more than 24 hours out. I was expecting $30 per person.
Old May 13, 2014, 8:53 am

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by SQueeze
I have faced difficulties wait listing award tickets after they have been issued.

It's a hit and miss depending on the agent but most agents now seem to refuse waitlist once ticket is already issued (a problem frequently encountered if you are trying to change dates after issuance as some sectors allow waitlist only).
I must've gotten lucky then. Was confirmed and ticketed on an IAH-SIN flight, and I called to add a waitlist for a JFK-SIN flight and had no problems doing so.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 10:06 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SQueeze

I think they want you to waitlist & confirm during the initial booking. However, as a "one-time exception" I got waitlisted on a flight two days earlier than our original confirmed travel dates.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 7:31 am

Programs: AA plat pro, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Rusdude
I think they want you to waitlist & confirm during the initial booking. However, as a "one-time exception" I got waitlisted on a flight two days earlier than our original confirmed travel dates.
Same for me this week," one time exception" ^
Old Feb 2, 2015, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by silvergirl
Same for me this week," one time exception" ^
In my defense, I didn't find out you can waitlist + confirm at the same time until now. I was too busy making a booking because that was the only date with 2 Suites on that route in that month
Old Feb 3, 2015, 5:39 am

Programs: AA plat pro, HH Diamond
Update - mine cleared within less than 12h (travel is in next two weeks) - very pleased
Old Feb 3, 2015, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by silvergirl
Update - mine cleared within less than 12h (travel is in next two weeks) - very pleased
Congrats!

Our travel is in mid-April so no changes so far.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 2:09 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
I'm guessing that my hopes of my waitlist clearing are small now that the Saver award that I am waitlisted for is currently displaying as Unavailable (ie, the waitlist option is gone now).
Old Feb 4, 2015, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by FederalFlyer
I'm guessing that my hopes of my waitlist clearing are small now that the Saver award that I am waitlisted for is currently displaying as Unavailable (ie, the waitlist option is gone now).
That's how it is with my flight as well but I am not sure what it signifies. I can still book the max 6 people if I pay for Standard award.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 11:02 pm

Programs: Priority Club Platinum & Ambassdor, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Have a question about Waitlist. Can you Waitlist multiple flights? Want to Waitlist the SIN-LAX for 2 consecutive days and the SIN-JFK for the same 2 days. I'll need to book SIN-SFO as insurance on the 3rd day so I can get back to states, but as you can see, I'm very flexible on the prior 2 days and where I fly into.

So basically I want to see if I can signup and Waitlist for 4 flights before I confirm a flight? I'm going to book 2 people which is why I want to Waitlist 4 flights in Suites.

Last edited by canesfan; Feb 13, 2015 at 11:05 pm Reason: Added clarification
Old Mar 1, 2015, 2:10 am

IME it is possible to waitlist for multiple flights. Assuming you have just enough miles for the flights you plan to fly, do it before you do make your "insurance" reservation, before miles are deducted, or else the website will say you don't have enough miles to proceed with waitlist. Good luck!
Old Mar 11, 2015, 1:43 pm

So if I book a reservation and then waitlist for a day I prefer more? Do I just need to call then since I won't have enough miles in my account after the initial confirmed booking? Any way to do this online?
Old Mar 11, 2015, 8:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Le Club Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
You can waitlist for as many flights as you want as long as you have the miles in your account. So book the wailist preferred flights first and then the booking that is available.

If you make the confirmed booking first then you are reliant on a nice agent/supervisor to book without the miles.

Some tips are here:

Waitlist with Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer
Old Mar 12, 2015, 9:39 am

Ok cool so you can book a few waitlist reservations as you wants in the 1st transaction for more preferred days then if you see a confirmed booking for a day not as preferred than do that in a separate 2nd subsequent transaction?

Also is change fee would then be charged to switch to the waitlisted option from the original confirmed date?

Also what phone number is best to call? Is the Toll Free 1800 # the way to do it?

Originally Posted by AddictedTraveller
You can waitlist for as many flights as you want as long as you have the miles in your account. So book the wailist preferred flights first and then the booking that is available.

If you make the confirmed booking first then you are reliant on a nice agent/supervisor to book without the miles.

Some tips are here:

Waitlist with Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.