Advice on connecting SQ to CX at SIN

Old Dec 7, 2012, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA
Advice on connecting SQ to CX at SIN

Hello folks, not sure if this should go here or on CX forum, but I've gone for here as hoping you guys are the experts on Changi!

I am inbound to SIN on SQ319 arriving 1845, then departing at 2100 CX711 to SIN on separate tickets. I will be hand luggage only. From reading up, I believe I will arrive into T3, and I know I will depart from T1. Right, so far? A couple of questions if I may...

1) Can I connect T3 to T1 airside?
2) If so, is this the recommended route, or is it faster to clear immigration and then get across to T1.
3) If I do stay airside, is there somewhere (presumably in T1?) to collect my CX boarding pass to SIN?
4) I'm pretty confident 2h15m should be 'safe' (MCT is 1h but not applicable here due to separate tickets).

Finally, any other hints or tips to make the process nice and smooth? Thanks!

PS - I'm happy (and keen actually) to walk long distances between terminals if needed, as having done 12h from LHR (albeit in J), I'll be craving some exercise!

Last edited by More Champagne Sir?; Dec 8, 2012 at 5:15 am
Old Dec 7, 2012, 8:01 pm

1. I assume you mean airside- yes.
2. Airside is faster
3. Yes
4. Yes

You can get the Skytrain to make it faster, but it's not a long distance to walk (at least for me).
Old Dec 8, 2012, 5:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by belfordrocks
1. I assume you mean airside- yes.
2. Airside is faster
3. Yes
4. Yes

You can get the Skytrain to make it faster, but it's not a long distance to walk (at least for me).
Super! Many thanks! (And yes, I did mean airside in Q1, have now corrected).
Old Dec 8, 2012, 8:54 am

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
This is an easy connection. Stay airside and head to the CX (Skyview) lounge at the far end of the T1 shopping area once you get to T1. Either the lounge will sort your BP or else there is a set of transfer counters adjacent to the lounge that will. Yo will not be asked for a BP until you reach the CX departure gate.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 4:57 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by More Champagne Sir?
I am inbound to SIN on SQ319 arriving 1845, then departing at 2100 CX711 to SIN on separate tickets.
OK, if I don't say it, someone will. Didn't know CX conduct joyflights from SIN? (you did say departing on CX 711 to SIN.... I assume you meant from SIN or to CMB?)

And walking is easy to get from the two. Sometimes, if arriving at some B gates, you actually end up closer to the facilities in T1 than in T3 . Also note if you do end up arriving at a B gate, go the opposite direction to most passengers, as they will be heading to SQ transfers or immigration, T1 is in the opposite direction (and from A gates, just follow everyone and keep on walking to B gates and beyond to T1!) .
Old Dec 9, 2012, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lokijuh
OK, if I don't say it, someone will. Didn't know CX conduct joyflights from SIN? (you did say departing on CX 711 to SIN.... I assume you meant from SIN or to CMB?)
Haha! I really wasn't with it yesterday! You are of course right, CX711 to CMB!

And thanks all for the advice and guidance, looks like this will be nice and straightforward. I'm now thinking once I've got my CX boarding pass, I'll perhaps head to the BA/QF F lounge where I'll hopefully be able to freshen up with a shower .
Old Dec 9, 2012, 9:49 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
I think BA / QF F lounge is shut at the moment and not sure if its going to open again.? Been some complaints that the J lounge being crowded at certain times.

I personally prefer the CX Skyview showers...
Old Dec 9, 2012, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ermen
I personally prefer the CX Skyview showers...
Aha! I didn't realise the Skyview had showers! That solves that then. no need for the BA/QF lounge at all!

Although, from looking on Changi's website, I'm now really tempted by a quick swim & shower in the pool at the transit hotel!
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:28 am

Programs: AA, CI, NH, JL, BA, SPG, Ritz, Amex Plat
Sorry for asking a different question but somehow related. I will be flying SFO-HKG in SQ and the on a separate ticket out of HKG on CX same day. I will have 3 luggage to check in. I understand they will charge me for the 3rd baggage which is fine but will they be able to interline all 3 to CX? Thanks for the help.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by projecteva
Sorry for asking a different question but somehow related. I will be flying SFO-HKG in SQ and the on a separate ticket out of HKG on CX same day. I will have 3 luggage to check in. I understand they will charge me for the 3rd baggage which is fine but will they be able to interline all 3 to CX? Thanks for the help.
They can, but as you are on separate ticket for the onward, you'll be charged by weight system, not piece system for the HKG-onward. As this is a hassle (SQ likely don't know the CX rates) they'll either check them thru all the way, but in HK you'll need to go to CX desk and pay the excess, or they will throw their hands up in horror and advise you to check in to HK only, and recheck in there
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:00 am

Programs: AA, CI, NH, JL, BA, SPG, Ritz, Amex Plat
So if I only have 2 luggage they will be able to interline all the way through?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.