Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SQ Suites Saver Redemption to be available - New updated Award Chart

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ Suites Saver Redemption to be available - New updated Award Chart

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2012, 2:57 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ *G, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite LFT Titanium , Hyatt Discoverist, ALL Diamond
Smile SQ Suites Saver Redemption to be available - New updated Award Chart

As reported by inix on SQtalk.

Redemption bookings for Saver Award flights in the Singapore Airlines Suites on board the Airbus A380 are now available.

With the launch of this latest initiative, PPS Club and KrisFlyer members will have the choice and flexibility to redeem all award types in all cabin classes across the Singapore Airlines network. We will be revising our award charts to include the Singapore Airlines Suites, which will be categorised together with First Class award levels for ease of reference.

Despite this change there will not be an increase in the current Saver Award levels for First Class. All Saver Awards are also now valid for one year instead of six months.

There will, however, be an increase in selected Standard and Full Award levels for First Class which will also apply to the Singapore Airlines Suites. For members who have made a prior Standard or Full Award booking for First Class, the original award levels will be honoured for bookings made on or before 28 November 2012 and ticketed by 12 December 2012. Please contact KrisFlyer Membership Services for assistance.

SQ New Chart from November 28
Old Nov 28, 2012, 3:07 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ *G, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite LFT Titanium , Hyatt Discoverist, ALL Diamond
Found some availability on a couple of dates to CDG and LHR with the new rates but none to FRA.

Works for 1 seat and second seat on WS.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 6:22 am

Excellent news!

I've found the same thing (1 seat + 1 WL). I was hoping to change an existing F Saver booking for 2 pax to the A380 flight, however unless the 2nd seat opens up there isn't much chance of that happening.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
This might be something I could pay YQ for. Does anyone have an estimate of the YQ for any route?
Old Nov 28, 2012, 4:49 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
You can price it out online. It is not in the realm of BA, thankfully. Less than $300 for most segments.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 7:03 pm

I think this is totally worth it if you can find the availability.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 7:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Platinum,SQ, DL, AA, Hyatt
Fantastic!
Old Nov 28, 2012, 8:13 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
Ran a couple of dummy bookings.. Looks like they only have one Saver seat for each flight... which is pointless... They should open at least 2...
Old Nov 29, 2012, 2:37 am

Programs: QF SQ VA CX DL UA PR MH MU
Great news indeed and there is indeed availability 1 seat/flt.

Today booked 2 x OW F Savers MEL-SIN-HKG - suites on both legs - 63K pts + A$302 - fabulous.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by JohnSIN
Found some availability on a couple of dates to CDG and LHR with the new rates but none to FRA.

Works for 1 seat and second seat on WS.
Surely SQ would be more likely to put you on AC than Westjet?
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:44 pm

I tried to change two First Saver tickets from SIN to SFO on the 777 to the A380, but it said there were no saver awards available. How could that be? I mean, I checked all kinds of dates on that route, and nothing. I wonder if SQ is truly opening up these seats across its entire network?
Old Nov 29, 2012, 7:21 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
I played around and found a few flights with 1 seat available, although most had no availability. In the heart of winter, I did find a few JFK-FRA flights with two seats available! Sadly I have no desire to visit FRA in January.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by flyerguySF
I tried to change two First Saver tickets from SIN to SFO on the 777 to the A380, but it said there were no saver awards available. How could that be? I mean, I checked all kinds of dates on that route, and nothing. I wonder if SQ is truly opening up these seats across its entire network?
The US routes (SFO. LAX and JFK) have not been opened yet. Who knows if they ever will be, but for now it's just Europe, Asia and Australia.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by FederalFlyer
I played around and found a few flights with 1 seat available, although most had no availability. In the heart of winter, I did find a few JFK-FRA flights with two seats available! Sadly I have no desire to visit FRA in January.
The planes to FRA in January are B77W, not A380. So I think the other poster is correct that they haven't opened up the USA flights yet to Saver Suite awards.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by flyerguySF
The planes to FRA in January are B77W, not A380. So I think the other poster is correct that they haven't opened up the USA flights yet to Saver Suite awards.
What's interesting is that they're supposed to switch back to A380 on March 24 or 25? I just booked 2 First awards for March 25 and it booked them on a 777. Here's to hoping my sister and bro-in-law get into the suites! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.