Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SQ Suites Saver Redemption to be available - New updated Award Chart

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ Suites Saver Redemption to be available - New updated Award Chart

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:12 pm

Programs: QFF, Krisflyer
Originally Posted by thebluejean
Come on...SQ...anything from US??? Hopefully they will loose up.
It's only time thebluejean before they do.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by belfordrocks
Pretty sure SYD-LAX-JFK v.v. (107/108 I think?) is still a 744... or did that change very recently?
Sorry, you are correct - dumb moment from me there. The 744s used for QF107/QF108 are of the refurbished variety though, so no (......, old) F cabin - just Y/Y+/J.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 2:24 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by SFO777
Are we 12 years old?
SIN-LHR and SIN-MEL are two routes where you can book a pair.
thanks! thought we were in trickit or walmart thread for a second.

sin-lhr could be in my tea leaves!
Old Jan 27, 2013, 8:06 am

Programs: SPG Plat
looks like LHR-SIN has 2 seats now too..
Old Jan 27, 2013, 9:08 am

Programs: 2.96MM DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott TE
Thanks for the heads up. Interestingly, I was wait listed for the Suites on an upcoming SIN-SYD trip for a standard award. Never got an email notice that my wait list had cleared but in checking on line, I found a standard award seat available and grabbed it.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by bagold
Since they have changed their policy to allow F fares in R class I've seen an increase in Suite bookings.
Can anyone whose booked one of these awards with the SQ miles confirm what booking class shows on your ticket? I know R is the SQ revenue class for suites (as it was for BA and AF on Concorde), but is there a different award class letter? My MP awards in the suites are now showing as R instead of STAR's usual O for a first class award, though in brackets it says "Business", which is how most STAR carriers classify their own business class upgrades.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by Cruiser Elite
I am going to need to travel MEL-SIN-PVG sometime second half Jan - checking Suites Saver / J Saver availability shows Suites avail most days whereas J almost non existent - go figure.

20K extra pts but you gotta do what you gotta do.
No surprise, since SQ will have a better chance of selling business class seats on these routes than selling Suites or even the 777 variant on the SIN-PVG run. So best to fill the uber-premium cabins with awards and sell out the business cabin.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by rooivalk
Nice pickup rooivalk.

Here is another to add to the list. SIN-CDG.

So the list stands as-

- SYD-SIN
- SIN-MEL
- SIN-LHR
- LHR-SIN
- SIN-ZRH
- SIN-CDG
Old Jan 27, 2013, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Can anyone whose booked one of these awards with the SQ miles confirm what booking class shows on your ticket? I know R is the SQ revenue class for suites (as it was for BA and AF on Concorde), but is there a different award class letter? My MP awards in the suites are now showing as R instead of STAR's usual O for a first class award, though in brackets it says "Business", which is how most STAR carriers classify their own business class upgrades.
Basically, with one big caveat, this is nothing to be concerned about. Even though UA classifies R as business seats, the underlying reservation with SQ is in fact for the suites regardless of how it appears at the UA site.

Having said that, here's the caveat: UA has a tendency to screw up and even lose award bookings on partner airlines (not just SQ), such as when there are minor schedule changes or for no apparent reason at all. (This may have something to do with the SHARES IT system that CO brought over when it merged with UA, but I'm not sure.) Most people aren't affected by this, but I encountered it with my own upcoming SQ suites reservations and it took some effort (including not giving in to an ill-informed, misleading supervisor, to make a long story short) to make sure I retained the reservations. And there have been a number of reports of this at the UA forum, far more it seems than at the other forum I frequent, AA.

In any event, my advice is:

1. Get the SQ reservation numbers from UA, and make sure that you can access them on the SQ site and that you call SQ to make sure everything is in order: i.e., that they are confirmed and ticketed, with UA ticket numbers. (Simply having a reservation number is insufficient.)
2. Monitor them by checking on the UA and SQ sites, and by calling SQ, at least monthly.
3. Bring print-outs of the reservation, including ticket numbers, with you just in case there are any hassles on your return trip.

Sorry to sound paranoid about this, but as I said there have been enough reports of problems with UA award bookings on partner flights to err on the side of caution.

Originally Posted by spizzy
Nice pickup rooivalk.

So the list stands as-

- SYD-SIN
- SIN-MEL
- SIN-LHR
- LHR-SIN
- SIN-ZRH
- SIN-CDG
Thanks very much for posting and updating this info, spizzy.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Thanks very much for posting and updating this info, spizzy.
No problems. But lets see how long before this info hits the blogs now...
Old Jan 27, 2013, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Can anyone whose booked one of these awards with the SQ miles confirm what booking class shows on your ticket?
O
Old Jan 27, 2013, 3:54 pm

Programs: QF SQ VA CX DL UA PR MH MU
At this point in time can 100% guarantee cannot secure 2 x Suite Saver MEL-SIN but you can secure 2 x Suite Saver SYD-SIN - a little inconvenient but life wasn't meant to be easy was it.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by Cruiser Elite
At this point in time can 100% guarantee cannot secure 2 x Suite Saver MEL-SIN but you can secure 2 x Suite Saver SYD-SIN - a little inconvenient but life wasn't meant to be easy was it.
Agreed. Hopefully MEL-SIN comes onboard in the near future.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 7:00 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
Originally Posted by spizzy
Originally Posted by rooivalk
Nice pickup rooivalk.

So the list stands as-

- SYD-SIN
- SIN-MEL
- SIN-LHR
- LHR-SIN
- SIN-ZRH
- SIN-CDG
ZRH-SIN has 2 seats too. looks like they are opening up 2x seats on return routes to Europe.

checked dates in August and plenty of availability heading to LHR.. LHR-SIN seems only to be open for the 2.15pm flight. if only they opened this earlier before I booked my awards on MH..
Old Jan 27, 2013, 7:14 pm

Same with CDG-SIN.

Updated list-

So the list stands as-

- SYD-SIN
- SIN-MEL
- SIN-LHR
- LHR-SIN
- SIN-ZRH
- ZRH-SIN
- SIN-CDG
- CDG-SIN

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.