Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SQ Suites Saver Redemption to be available - New updated Award Chart

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ Suites Saver Redemption to be available - New updated Award Chart

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by cmdsea
For my familly of 3, In the past I have had 2 J savers booked and 1 standard. I then waitlisted for a saver that came through about a week before travel. I didnt have enough miles to redeem the saver so (heart in mouth..) I cancelled my standard ticket, the miles instantly refunded and I then re-booked the saver. Worked like a charm..!
So, no guarantees but even if you book the standard award there is no harm in still waitlisting the saver and you never know your luck....
Great idea. Book the Standard, Wait-list the Saver.
What happened when the Saver came through? Did SQ notify you and just tell you it was available? Sounds like they didn't automatically make the change but you had to manually cancel the Standard and then manually book the Saver? So in theory someone could have been looking for a Saver at the same time and booked it before you?
Old Jan 25, 2013, 2:56 pm

Programs: A/A LifeTime Platinum 3MM; Lifetime Admiral's Club, Star Alliance Gold
I have a question about booking SQ suites LAX NRT in April. I'm not a member of their FF program and normally fly CX F class. My wife and I would like to experience the Sky Suite but their premium doesn't seem to be worth it. I tried booking it as part of a Star Alliance RTW ticket, but they only allow business class on an F-class ticket. Nor is it available to book using Miles and More upgrades. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Last edited by outpaddling; Jan 25, 2013 at 2:57 pm Reason: typo
Old Jan 25, 2013, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by outpaddling
I have a question about booking SQ suites LAX NRT in April. I'm not a member of their FF program and normally fly CX F class. My wife and I would like to experience the Sky Suite but their premium doesn't seem to be worth it. I tried booking it as part of a Star Alliance RTW ticket, but they only allow business class on an F-class ticket. Nor is it available to book using Miles and More upgrades. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
The only current way to book Suites with mileage is through KrisFlyer. You can fund your KF account by transfers from Amex MR or SPG. KF also lets you "top up" your account and buy up to 50% of the miles you need for an award, but at a steep $.04 per mile.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 3:24 pm

Programs: A/A LifeTime Platinum 3MM; Lifetime Admiral's Club, Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by SFO777
The only current way to book Suites with mileage is through KrisFlyer. You can fund your KF account by transfers from Amex MR or SPG. KF also lets you "top up" your account and buy up to 50% of the miles you need for an award, but at a steep $.04 per mile.
Thanks for the quick answers. Sorry, I don't have many Amex miles and no SPG account. We have lots of AA and LH miles, but no help with this. The F class RTW fare on Star Alliance is USD $42,000 for two people, yet Suites cannot be booked. In contrast, the fare is USD $30,000 on Oneworld and all CX, QF and BA F seats are available. I suppose we will need to wait and try the new JAL suite and whatever else Oneworld carriers plan to offer in competition to SQ suites.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by outpaddling
Thanks for the quick answers. Sorry, I don't have many Amex miles and no SPG account. We have lots of AA and LH miles, but no help with this. The F class RTW fare on Star Alliance is USD $42,000 for two people, yet Suites cannot be booked. In contrast, the fare is USD $30,000 on Oneworld and all CX, QF and BA F seats are available. I suppose we will need to wait and try the new JAL suite and whatever else Oneworld carriers plan to offer in competition to SQ suites.
SQ is slowly coming back to reality but it sounds like your best option is OW. Nothing wrong with CX and QF First, especially on their 380 which flies LHR-SIN-SYD and SYD-LAX. But do not under any circumstances accept a booking on the decrepit QF 744.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 4:13 pm

SQ is slowly coming back to reality but it sounds like your best option is OW. Nothing wrong with CX and QF First, especially on their 380 which flies LHR-SIN-SYD and SYD-LAX. But do not under any circumstances accept a booking on the decrepit QF 744.
We didn't care for the QF A380 F class service SIN LHR, but apparently it depends on whether you get one of their low-paid alternate cabin crews. CX is always very good up front. These days it is difficult and expensive to travel F-class as a couple, and often the seating is not good for conversation. Years ago we used companion tickets i.e. buy one get one at 50% off. It seems deals on SQ Suites are only for their FFs, and even then, getting two seats is problematic.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 8:06 pm

But do not under any circumstances accept a booking on the decrepit QF 744.
Luckily, there's not many of these old birds left - I think they possibly still use them on the Australia-South Africa route, but most have been refurbished with a 3-class (Y/Y+/J layout) and are deployed elsewhere. Perhaps with the occasional exception of a plane sub due to fault or maintenance, MEL-LAX and SYD-LAX (and vv) where F is offered/sold are all A380 now.

Last edited by wafliron; Jan 26, 2013 at 10:26 pm
Old Jan 26, 2013, 9:40 am

Pretty sure SYD-LAX-JFK v.v. (107/108 I think?) is still a 744... or did that change very recently?
Old Jan 26, 2013, 2:56 pm

Programs: QFF, Krisflyer
There are now 4 routes where you can get 2 Suite Savers on the same A380 flight. Way to go SQ (Again thanks to DeluxeFlyer for the heads up)

Last edited by spizzy; Jan 26, 2013 at 3:04 pm
Old Jan 26, 2013, 7:33 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by spizzy
There are now 4 routes where you can get 2 Suite Savers on the same A380 flight. Way to go SQ (Again thanks to DeluxeFlyer for the heads up)
Which routes?
Old Jan 26, 2013, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Which routes?
1 route I have already posted a clue about in this thread. The other 3 are ex SIN and only work 1 way. Shouldn't be to hard to work out
Old Jan 26, 2013, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by spizzy
1 route I have already posted a clue about in this thread. The other 3 are ex SIN and only work 1 way. Shouldn't be to hard to work out
Are we 12 years old?
SIN-LHR and SIN-MEL are two routes where you can book a pair.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 9:45 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Come on...SQ...anything from US??? Hopefully they will loose up.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 9:46 pm

SYD-SIN was the first I believe

(always makes me happy when we one-up MEL... especially since mid-this year they'll have more SQ capacity than us )
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:07 pm

Are we 12 years old?
Only if you can't work it out.

SIN-LHR and SIN-MEL are two routes where you can book a pair.
Glad you have found 2 of the routes.

Originally Posted by belfordrocks
SYD-SIN was the first I believe
Correct. Though I also wish MEL was included on the outbound to SIN like SYD.

Here's another for SF0777 SIN-ZRH. Leaving just 1 more to find. (Sorry there are a total of 5 now).

- SYD-SIN
- SIN-MEL
- SIN-LHR
- SIN-ZRH

Last edited by spizzy; Jan 26, 2013 at 10:20 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.