Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sq gold lounge......"no showers"

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2012, 8:17 am

Programs: Qantas, Hilton, IHG
SQ doesn't have showers in many of their own SilverKris lounges. None in Bangkok, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Manila, New Delhi, Perth. Don't even start with partner lounges... They don't even have one at their prestige, longest non-stop to SIN, all J-class flight from EWR-SIN (which departs EWR at 23:00 - a time when many might want to shower before an 18+ hour flight).

The fact is showers are still not 'standard' in many J and even F lounges of many airlines worldwide. It's sure not a *A standard.

*Gold used to get showers in Singapore (1 or 2 of them) when they were sent to the SATS lounge. But it's by no means a standard benefit. It's a pity though that at SIN, as far as showers are concerned, it went backwards.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 9:25 pm

Programs: Southwest, Alaska, United, American Airlines
Originally Posted by roberino
Now now, children. Enough with the rough and tumble, it'll end in tears.

I posted something similar in July when I flew MAN-SYD via SIN. I too was surprised that an airline with a quality reputation like SQ didn't have showers in the *A lounge when lesser airlines do. It puts them on a par with UA in that respect... Showers are pretty cost/labour intensive.

Heating the water, cleaning down and restocking towels after each use, running a wait list for the people wishing to use them. A block of (quality) shower rooms also takes up a surprising amount of space.

A short (ish) walk down the upper concourse from the KF Gold lounge is a pay-per-use lounge with pretty good showers, a gym and decent booze. Doesn't cost a huge amount.

Hopefully, SQ will correct this in the years to come.
United features showers in its United Club (Star Gold) lounges at its Chicago, Houston, and Newark gateways. SQ really is in a sorry league all its own if it refuses Star Golds the decency of a shower.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.