Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is it worth to try the BOOK THE COOK?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2013, 7:59 am

Programs: UA1K
My last flight ex-SIN, I ordered the Lobster Thermidor, thinking it was going to be quite overcooked and rubbery. It was actually prepared quite well and delicious. I'm going to order it again on my next flight ex-SIN this winter.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 9:03 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines
I wish I could get Book the Cook on my SIN-HAN flight ;--(
Old Aug 29, 2013, 10:02 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Any recent experience with BTC out of JFK? Thinking of doing JFK-FRA in F. Until I stumbled upon this thread, had been pretty bummed that no BTC out of Houston but sounds like we may not be missing much.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 4:22 pm

Programs: CM PP DL GM
BTC on SQ from LAX-SIN in C

Hello can any give which are the best dishes to get BTC on the LAX-NRT , NRT-SIN and on the return on the SIN-NRT , NRT-LAX
Thank you
Old Aug 30, 2013, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by pallensf
What is the rationale for not having BTC out of ICN?

:-)
maybe the caterer is unable to prepare the BTC dishes to SQ's standards
Originally Posted by pallensf
I wish I could get Book the Cook on my SIN-HAN flight ;--(
oh, its not available I always assumed you can BTC on any flight ex-SIN (except SINKUL). This is new to me. It says on the website:
"This Book the Cook service is available on all flights from Singapore except for flights to Kuala Lumpur and for refreshment or continental breakfast meals on these flights"

http://www.singaporeair.com/jsp/cms/...ssingapore.jsp

Originally Posted by MARIOCASTRO777
Hello can any give which are the best dishes to get BTC on the LAX-NRT , NRT-SIN and on the return on the SIN-NRT , NRT-LAX
Thank you
i can't speak for ex-station, but ex-SIN, Lobster thermidor, chicken rice and nasi lemak are the popular choices. Of course it boils down to whether you prefer western or asian dishes as well?

Last edited by bent; Aug 30, 2013 at 12:56 am
Old Aug 30, 2013, 6:51 am

Programs: CM PP DL GM
Originally Posted by bent
maybe the caterer is unable to prepare the BTC dishes to SQ's standards

oh, its not available I always assumed you can BTC on any flight ex-SIN (except SINKUL). This is new to me. It says on the website:
"This Book the Cook service is available on all flights from Singapore except for flights to Kuala Lumpur and for refreshment or continental breakfast meals on these flights"

http://www.singaporeair.com/jsp/cms/...ssingapore.jsp

i can't speak for ex-station, but ex-SIN, Lobster thermidor, chicken rice and nasi lemak are the popular choices. Of course it boils down to whether you prefer western or asian dishes as well?
I go more with the western options but if any has more input please let me know
Old Sep 11, 2013, 6:57 pm

Programs: AS MVP
First time flying SQ next month in suites on SQ12 and have a couple questions. I'm thinking ex-SIN that I am going to go with Chicken Rice, fairly safe bet there? I like lobster and all, haven't had it for a while, but not a fan of mushrooms and thought i read its in a mushroom cream sauce...that being said, ex-NRT, anyone have any thoughts on the Beef Sukiyaki or should I just stick with the main menu as the other options don't sound amazing outside of going for the aforementioned lobster.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 8:04 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
BTC now appears to be available ex-ICN. Booked in F, saw that 'Korean Galbi' is a BTC choice. Anyone have a chance to try yet?
Old Aug 27, 2014, 5:08 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by SFore
First time flying SQ next month in suites on SQ12 and have a couple questions. I'm thinking ex-SIN that I am going to go with Chicken Rice, fairly safe bet there? I like lobster and all, haven't had it for a while, but not a fan of mushrooms and thought i read its in a mushroom cream sauce...that being said, ex-NRT, anyone have any thoughts on the Beef Sukiyaki or should I just stick with the main menu as the other options don't sound amazing outside of going for the aforementioned lobster.
Others have ordered the chicken rice repeatedly so should be a decent choice .
Lobster Thermidor was fine too but you can check on board if you ' d like to skip the mushroom , ours did not come with mushroom but asparagus
Or you can still opt for the usual meal on board
Hope this helps others
SFore : Just noticed posted last year , sorry !

Last edited by FlyerEC; Sep 1, 2014 at 6:18 pm
Old Aug 27, 2014, 10:03 pm

Programs: Marriott & SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, ex-Fairmont Plat, ex-Swissotel Eleva
Originally Posted by KosherKimchee
BTC now appears to be available ex-ICN. Booked in F, saw that 'Korean Galbi' is a BTC choice. Anyone have a chance to try yet?
That's nice!
I thought it was strange that ICN did not have a BTC when I flew SQ F ICN-SIN.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 1:29 pm

I am trying to do BTC for F in SQ25, but every time I select the option on the Meal Selection page, I get a message that says "We are unable to process your request. Please try again later or contact your local Singapore Airlines office." Anyone else?
Old Sep 1, 2014, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by dmurray1414
I am trying to do BTC for F in SQ25, but every time I select the option on the Meal Selection page, I get a message that says "We are unable to process your request. Please try again later or contact your local Singapore Airlines office." Anyone else?
I've had that twice. The first time I rang Singapore Airlines and they took my suggestions. The second time I got that message however I tried again not long after and it worked. I don't get the error.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 2:44 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Looking for some BTC advice. Flew SQ Biz a couple of years ago and made a bit of an error mistakenly ordering a children's meal as my option (there was nothing to warn me that it was!) - trying not to repeat the same mistake this time around in Suites

The selections (LHR-SIN-AKL and back) are pretty extensive, especially ex-SIN, however the lack of any description of the items makes me unsure what most of them involve! I'm not a fish/seafood fan so that cuts things down a bit but when there are things like multiple steak options I'm a bit dubious as to what difference there is between them!

Is there any website which gives a bit more detail as to what each dish is? (I appreciate I've still got the backup of the onboard menu too )
Old Sep 5, 2014, 3:31 pm
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Looking for some BTC advice. Flew SQ Biz a couple of years ago and made a bit of an error mistakenly ordering a children's meal as my option (there was nothing to warn me that it was!) - trying not to repeat the same mistake this time around in Suites

The selections (LHR-SIN-AKL and back) are pretty extensive, especially ex-SIN, however the lack of any description of the items makes me unsure what most of them involve! I'm not a fish/seafood fan so that cuts things down a bit but when there are things like multiple steak options I'm a bit dubious as to what difference there is between them!

Is there any website which gives a bit more detail as to what each dish is? (I appreciate I've still got the backup of the onboard menu too )
Try

SQtalk
Old Sep 5, 2014, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by EDIflyer

Singapore provides a full description menu of each item on their website.

I'll see if I can find you the link.

EDIT: Found it. Scroll down and you can select which class of service (F/J), and which departure city, to see the menu of options. There is a description of each menu item.

http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/fl...hecooklanding/

An example
Lobster Thermidor

Lobster tail sautéed in butter, flambéed in brandy, sprinkled with cheese, and served with creamy mushroom sauce, garlic and spicy mustard, and buttered asparagus

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.