Is it worth to try the BOOK THE COOK?

Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:29 pm

Programs: AA Concierge Key UA 1K
I have decided to book the Lobster Thermidor and Sea Bass the Kanseki sounded tempting but I am heading to Japan for a week so I am certain will find plenty of good Japanese food.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 7:01 am

Will be on SQ15 from SFO-ICN in a month's time. Any recommendations for BTC in Business? Or should I stick to the regular menu?

Book the Cook - San Francisco
- Braised guinea fowl with creamy morel sauce, ravioli, and seasonal vegetables
- Crab cake with broccoli, baby carrots, fresh asparagus, and roasted potato wedges
- New York strip steak with tapenade, green beans, baby carrots, and roasted potatoes
- Pan-fried halibut with tagliatelle and pistou and sautéed vegetables
- Jumbo shrimps in Thai red curry sauce with assorted vegetables and fried rice noodles
- Korean style braised beef rib with vegetables and steamed rice
- Steamed fish roll with ham and asparagus served with baby carrots, Chinese greens, and egg noodles
- Stir-fried mussels with garlic chilli sauce, assorted vegetables and steamed rice
- Singapore Chicken Rice
Old Feb 14, 2013, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ycp81
Will be on SQ15 from SFO-ICN in a month's time. Any recommendations for BTC in Business? Or should I stick to the regular menu?

Book the Cook - San Francisco
- Braised guinea fowl with creamy morel sauce, ravioli, and seasonal vegetables
- Crab cake with broccoli, baby carrots, fresh asparagus, and roasted potato wedges
- New York strip steak with tapenade, green beans, baby carrots, and roasted potatoes
- Pan-fried halibut with tagliatelle and pistou and sautéed vegetables
- Jumbo shrimps in Thai red curry sauce with assorted vegetables and fried rice noodles
- Korean style braised beef rib with vegetables and steamed rice
- Steamed fish roll with ham and asparagus served with baby carrots, Chinese greens, and egg noodles
- Stir-fried mussels with garlic chilli sauce, assorted vegetables and steamed rice
- Singapore Chicken Rice
It is a Hit and Miss kinda situation, I have tried the steak and Lobster but both were rubbery. I now stick to the J menu where you have a choice. Also, if you don't like the BTC you can always ask the crew for something else. the braised guinea fowl sounds interesting.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
BTC will depend on how the food is normally is from that station. Think if you must, that if you're in a restaurant in SFO, which of those dishes would you order that will be good?

FYI- ex HKG, they served the best steak I have ever had on any plane or even restaurant for that matter.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 12:25 pm

Has anyone tried the Lobster Thermidor ex-SIN in J? I have that reserved for my flight SIN-HKG and can't wait to try it.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 3:18 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Originally Posted by maortega15
Has anyone tried the Lobster Thermidor ex-SIN in J? I have that reserved for my flight SIN-HKG and can't wait to try it.
tasteless lobster (likely frozen). Rubbery sort of but that's supposed to be good for cooked lobster.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 6:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
I had the Wagyu beef and it was excellent. It was a little pink inside which I do like. Would recommend it.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by beep88
tasteless lobster (likely frozen). Rubbery sort of but that's supposed to be good for cooked lobster.
SIN SATS kitchen is not known for their culinary skills for anything other than 'local ie Asian food'.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
SIN SATS kitchen is not known for their culinary skills for anything other than 'local ie Asian food'.
Between the lobster Thermidor and baked king prawns, I'd go for the latter. It's divine.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:29 am

Programs: SQ QPPS, *A Gold, EK Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
It is a Hit and Miss kinda situation, I have tried the steak and Lobster but both were rubbery. I now stick to the J menu where you have a choice. Also, if you don't like the BTC you can always ask the crew for something else. the braised guinea fowl sounds interesting.
Ordered the Chicken Rice ex-SFO on SQ 2 last week. Horrible! Chicken was rubbery and the rice was gooey! Crew asked if I wanted another main course from the J menu, but I was so sleepy that I declined.

On the flip side, on my return on SQ 16 ex-SIN, I had the Nasi Biryani - which was excellent!

Also, ex-SIN to BKK I had the Indian chicken khurchan which was top notch!
Old Feb 19, 2013, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kaushik123
Ordered the Chicken Rice ex-SFO on SQ 2 last week. Horrible! Chicken was rubbery and the rice was gooey! Crew asked if I wanted another main course from the J menu, but I was so sleepy that I declined.

On the flip side, on my return on SQ 16 ex-SIN, I had the Nasi Biryani - which was excellent!

Also, ex-SIN to BKK I had the Indian chicken khurchan which was top notch!
Sorry what the heck is a Khurchan???
Old Feb 19, 2013, 1:06 pm

Sorry what the heck is a Khurchan???
In Hindi kurchan it literally means "leftovers" The dish description is below

Chicken Tikka Kurchan Masala
Roasted chicken in a spicy masala sauce with mild spiced mushroom, served with asparagus, cumin-flavoured basmati pilaff, papadum, pickles and plain yoghurt
Old Feb 19, 2013, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kaushik123
In Hindi kurchan it literally means "leftovers" The dish description is below

Chicken Tikka Kurchan Masala
Roasted chicken in a spicy masala sauce with mild spiced mushroom, served with asparagus, cumin-flavoured basmati pilaff, papadum, pickles and plain yoghurt
Ok so you had leftovers on SQ BTC and you were happy. Good for you
Old Feb 19, 2013, 2:49 pm

Ok so you had leftovers on SQ BTC and you were happy. Good for you
I am easy to please I suppose Dish was seriously good though!
Old Feb 20, 2013, 10:25 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Is there any difference between the Lobster termidor and the other lobster dish (Boston Lobster)?

Recently I was on SIN - MNL in F and I saw 2 lobster options. Seems they are the same thing.

Also they're the same for J and F right?

Cause I had the Termidor in J long ago, recently ordered it in F and it's practically the same. Even the sauce and the rice.
But then I would expect Chicken Rice is the same in J and F too ?

Also for that SIN - MNL flight. I'm so glad I BTCed, cause food on the standard menu seemed really disappointing

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.