General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Old Jan 17, 2017, 8:11 pm

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jayoxd
awesome thank you so much. my flight departing on SQ (suites) is at 2:30PM.

i have a few options and i'm on the paranoid side as to not missing this... (first leg of a bunch of other legs) - which time would you choose to arrive? i have 11:00AM, 12:00PM and 12:45PM. I'm leaning toward 11:00AM just to take no chances...
I expect any of those would work, but if, like me, such things cause stress why not take the earliest option?
Old Jan 18, 2017, 1:43 pm

Programs: Free agent!
Originally Posted by jayoxd
i have a few options and i'm on the paranoid side as to not missing this... (first leg of a bunch of other legs) - which time would you choose to arrive? i have 11:00AM, 12:00PM and 12:45PM. I'm leaning toward 11:00AM just to take no chances...
I would agree with w4rd and just arrive at 11:00 if you are already acknowledging that you are the paranoid type. Of course, being on two separate tickets, SQ is under no obligation to rebook you/provide assistance should a substantial delay occur with your CX flight to HKG which causes you to miss your onward flight with SQ. It's always best to give extra time in the form of a layover when it's two separate tickets.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by w4rd
I expect any of those would work, but if, like me, such things cause stress why not take the earliest option?
Originally Posted by kevincrumbs
I would agree with w4rd and just arrive at 11:00 if you are already acknowledging that you are the paranoid type. Of course, being on two separate tickets, SQ is under no obligation to rebook you/provide assistance should a substantial delay occur with your CX flight to HKG which causes you to miss your onward flight with SQ. It's always best to give extra time in the form of a layover when it's two separate tickets.
agreed - much appreciated and good advice
Old Jan 20, 2017, 1:01 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Bit of a rookie question here...

I'm new to SQ/KF, I'll hit the threshold for Gold status around March. Now, from what I know KF is different than other programs, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Once I pass that threshold, my Gold status will kick in, basically right away and be good for 1 year from that date? As opposed to all of 2018 and the remained of 2017 right?

IE: Miles post Mar 20, pushing me to gold, so I'm a Gold status KF member from Mar 20, 2017 - Mar 20, 2018?

Assuming that's correct, how do you go about re-qualifying? Do all new flights after Mar 20 being credited go towards re-qualifying? Does the re-qualifying period not start until Jan 1, 2018?

I might be overthinking this, but I'm just trying to plan what to do AFTER I pass that mark, because my AC status runs out at the end of Feb.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 7:21 am

so some routes have the new business class with only 4 seats in F. how do you tell if you're on that new 4 class 77w?

did those first class seats get revamped at all?
Old Jan 23, 2017, 7:12 am

SQ Phone Number

SQ downgraded an award ticket to J due to an equipment change.

What phone number should I be calling to get this rectified and what time of day?

Been calling the main customer service number and getting the runaround.

Thanks
Old Jan 24, 2017, 9:40 am

Programs: N/A
Hello all,

Given the following itinerary and fare code, could anyone please assist in helping myself and my SO calculate our mileage earning potential for the following fare

Flight Routing: JFK-FRA-SIN-CGK-SIN-FRA-JFK-LAS (All SQ)
Total Miles in Air: 23,832

Fare Basis Code WMSFVX (Does this mean it is a W fare class, silly question, i know)

**Status** I am United 1k, my SO has no statuses.

Given this information would I be correct to assume that with United earning 50% (W Fare) would I also earn a 100% mileage award bonus, therefore yielding me the full 23,832 in award miles to my MP account?

As for my SO, as a W fare would earn 100%, I would like to credit her Krisflyer account the full 23,832 miles.

Thanks in advance and please let me know if I am calculating anything wrong!
Old Jan 24, 2017, 11:54 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
I just booked SIN-MAN-IAH in J class. It's only a 1.5 hour layover in MAN. Does anyone know if they let us (or make us) get off during the layover? I assume they want to clean the aircraft after 14 hours. Will we have re-clear security like I've heard the UK can make us do. Lounge for J passengers in transit? I have Priority Pass access.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by saxman66
I just booked SIN-MAN-IAH in J class. It's only a 1.5 hour layover in MAN. Does anyone know if they let us (or make us) get off during the layover? I assume they want to clean the aircraft after 14 hours. Will we have re-clear security like I've heard the UK can make us do. Lounge for J passengers in transit? I have Priority Pass access.
All passengers will get off in MAN. Re-clear security (remove laptops, liquids in little baggies, etc).
There is a lounge...its nothing to write home about. Some juices, coffee, snacks. Toilet is outside the lounge.
No showers available in that terminal in MAN (as far as i know).
Old Jan 25, 2017, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by JBG89
Fare Basis Code WMSFVX (Does this mean it is a W fare class, silly question, i know)
Maybe I'm making an unfair assumption, but I don't think the PNR will show you the fare class. Browsing your reservation on the Singapore airlines website should reveal the fare class. Alternatively if you have the entire booking with all the terms and conditions, it's usually buried in there.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 8:45 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
SQ rookie here. I want to make an award booking in First for myself and SO. We are attempting either JFK-MNL or MNL-JFK. I found very sporadic dates so I guess I am wondering which direction would have a better chance of clearing the waitlist? Thanks.

Also a second question, do you think it makes a difference if we book the award booking on the same reservation or split it into two separate ones?

Last edited by xkr0p; Jan 29, 2017 at 12:25 pm
Old Jan 30, 2017, 5:08 pm

I can't speak to direction, but one reservation or two won't matter, if there's 2 seats available, there's 2 seats available.

What I would suggest is get on expertflyer and start searching. SQ will release more space to their own members, and I'm not sure exactly how that works, but my assumption is they only release more space to their own ELITE members.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 10:27 am

If i am flying out in F from Changi and my mom is flying out in J - I can only guest her into the first class lounge but not into the private room correct?

Would I be able to have my mom check in with me as well through the first class check in?

FYI - I am not a scumbag only J flights to my mom's destination and i will be traveling to a separate destination

Last edited by jayoxd; Jan 31, 2017 at 10:33 am
Old Jan 31, 2017, 11:43 am

Correct.

Yes.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by Phaze
Correct.

Yes.
thank you!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.