General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Old Aug 19, 2016, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by Red259
Sometimes the wait list works for me and then sometimes I wait list and check back and find that even though my wait list has not cleared the award is open for immediate booking. In that situation I simply book the award right away. This is why I always keep checking the dates I am interested in until I have something locked in.
agree. actually this is what happened to me in the end. i saw and immediately booked a brand new itinerary that involves me going US->SIN->another region. so i didnt have to deal with the waitlist itinerary or partially-waitlist itinerary.

the most ironic thing is that i saw this opening 5 min after i got the cell phone text that my US-SIN flight is available. so i actually got this award flight booked while SQ is still waiting for me to confirm my US-SIN under another PNR

anyway it was a burden off my shoulder (to not need to check obsessively everyday whether new opening appear)
Old Aug 19, 2016, 11:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by gnomey
agree. actually this is what happened to me in the end. i saw and immediately booked a brand new itinerary that involves me going US->SIN->another region. so i didnt have to deal with the waitlist itinerary or partially-waitlist itinerary.

the most ironic thing is that i saw this opening 5 min after i got the cell phone text that my US-SIN flight is available. so i actually got this award flight booked while SQ is still waiting for me to confirm my US-SIN under another PNR

anyway it was a burden off my shoulder (to not need to check obsessively everyday whether new opening appear)
Yes it feels nice once its set. Then again I have a flight tomorrow and I am nowhere near ready to go overseas. I'm going to be speed packing and hoping I don't forget anything!
Old Aug 20, 2016, 1:09 am

does anyone know whether the SilverKris lounge at Changi Airport (T3) still serve hot food late at night, say, after dinner time?

i am talking about 11 pm or so...

cant find the information here
https://loungereview.com/lounges/sin...in-terminal-3/
Old Aug 20, 2016, 10:35 am

Considering that many of the SQ flights ex-T3 leave after midnight, food will not be a problem until about 1am or so.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 7:30 pm

Does SQ allow stopover with an one-way Star Alliance Saver award for $100 (or is it only for Standard)? I spoke to an agent and was told the system doesn't allow her to do it.

I was asking for a 2-day stay at Paris with EWR-CDG on UA and CDG-SIN on SQ.

Thanks!

Just realized they changed the rules. https://www.singaporeair.com/pdf/pps...rammeGuide.pdf Most articles I read online are relatively old.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 3:22 am

Originally Posted by stargold
Considering that many of the SQ flights ex-T3 leave after midnight, food will not be a problem until about 1am or so.
ok i see . thanks!
Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:18 am

Hi Everyone, quick question was wondering if anyone has experience recently. I am flying in Feb 2017 from New York to Thailand (via FRA and SIN). I understand that recently Thailand has a visa exemption scheme for US citizens / passport holders. Has anyone flying from the US ever had an issue boarding SQ flight for not having a visa to Thailand. I emailed the airline but they will not confirm the boarding requirements for me (saying to just follow what the Thai embassy says, which is no visa required).
Old Aug 22, 2016, 6:26 pm

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mike814
Hi Everyone, quick question was wondering if anyone has experience recently. I am flying in Feb 2017 from New York to Thailand (via FRA and SIN). I understand that recently Thailand has a visa exemption scheme for US citizens / passport holders. Has anyone flying from the US ever had an issue boarding SQ flight for not having a visa to Thailand. I emailed the airline but they will not confirm the boarding requirements for me (saying to just follow what the Thai embassy says, which is no visa required).
Sounds like nothing to worry about.
Thailand is very welcoming to tourists and many/most passport holders arrive without visas.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by w4rd
Sounds like nothing to worry about.
Thailand is very welcoming to tourists and many/most passport holders arrive without visas.
Thanks! ^
Old Aug 31, 2016, 3:34 am

Programs: EK Gold, *A Gold,CX Gold, 9W Plat,SPG Gold,EY Gold,Hilton Gold
Wanted to Know to Reddem Krisflyer miles online...

I have bunch of Krisflyer miles.. like 60,000 My question is can i book online from the krisflyer Account for airlines like LX,LH,UA,TG? or which are the members i can book directly and other with the redemption forms? and a very long process...

Help is appreciated.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 7:47 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by vishruts
I have bunch of Krisflyer miles.. like 60,000 My question is can i book online from the krisflyer Account for airlines like LX,LH,UA,TG? or which are the members i can book directly and other with the redemption forms? and a very long process...

Help is appreciated.
Singapore and SilkAir awards only online. All other partners including the ones you list would require a call. You could use another airline's website, like United's, to look up availability on those airlines first before calling to make the call a bit easier, though.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 1:22 am

Programs: EK Gold, *A Gold,CX Gold, 9W Plat,SPG Gold,EY Gold,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bgriff
Singapore and SilkAir awards only online. All other partners including the ones you list would require a call. You could use another airline's website, like United's, to look up availability on those airlines first before calling to make the call a bit easier, though.
thanks for the help.. is the redemption is easy on the phone or they let you go through filling forms and sending pp copies..etc..
Old Sep 5, 2016, 8:12 pm

Will be returning home to Adelaide from Ho chi Minh in late January flying Y, the wife and i were thinking of treating ourselves for the SIN-ADL segment and using cash to upgrade to J if there are spare seats, where would be the best place to to this?
Check in at SGN or the transfer desks at SIN?

I am already guessing that there wont be any free seats being the end of Aussie school holidays but thought it worth the question
Old Sep 5, 2016, 8:54 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS, QR Gold
Originally Posted by Firemansam
Will be returning home to Adelaide from Ho chi Minh in late January flying Y, the wife and i were thinking of treating ourselves for the SIN-ADL segment and using cash to upgrade to J if there are spare seats, where would be the best place to to this?
Check in at SGN or the transfer desks at SIN?

I am already guessing that there wont be any free seats being the end of Aussie school holidays but thought it worth the question
In case nobody else chimes in: probably SIN. I've overheard a station manager in MEL last month telling a couple travelling MEL-SIN-LHR that he is only authorised to process their upgrade on the MEL-SIN leg, and to go to the transit counter at SIN for the SIN-LHR leg.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by cowie
In case nobody else chimes in: probably SIN. I've overheard a station manager in MEL last month telling a couple travelling MEL-SIN-LHR that he is only authorised to process their upgrade on the MEL-SIN leg, and to go to the transit counter at SIN for the SIN-LHR leg.
Thanks, i suspected as much.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.