Community
Wiki Posts
Search

General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2015, 7:52 pm

First time using Sinagpore miles.

I booked using the US phone number for flights on United. EWR-HNL with a connection in SFO
And returning flight is HNL - LAX - EWR

I was only charged 50K miles. I was expecting 70K miles. I'm thinking that it's considered all North America instead of Hawaii. Anyone experienced this before? Is this just a mistake on their end?
Old Aug 9, 2015, 7:14 pm

Probably the furthest thing from a pressing issue, but I'm curious to see some peoples' opinions...If you took the suite for only one way of your roundtrip, would you make it on the way to your destination, or the return?

I know most of you are probably thinking just book the trip first class both ways, but I'm more into the quantity of trips than the first class airline/hotel service, so multiple round trips for 40k from JFK-FRA vs one first class trip means I'm taking the multiple round trips...BUT...the suites sound like they'd make a pretty great story, so I may ignore quantity this time just to see what these suites are all about. Plus I wouldn't mind having Dom Perignon for my first and (probably) last time ever. So if you had to choose, what would it be?
Old Aug 10, 2015, 12:24 am

Programs: SPG, A3, SQ, AA, AV, QT, VA, LH, EK
Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio
Probably the furthest thing from a pressing issue, but I'm curious to see some peoples' opinions...If you took the suite for only one way of your roundtrip, would you make it on the way to your destination, or the return?

I know most of you are probably thinking just book the trip first class both ways, but I'm more into the quantity of trips than the first class airline/hotel service, so multiple round trips for 40k from JFK-FRA vs one first class trip means I'm taking the multiple round trips...BUT...the suites sound like they'd make a pretty great story, so I may ignore quantity this time just to see what these suites are all about. Plus I wouldn't mind having Dom Perignon for my first and (probably) last time ever. So if you had to choose, what would it be?
You need to weigh up the timing of the flights and the length and whether you want to take advantage of the suite during the day time or you want it for sleeping.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 3:26 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio

This is a personal choice. Like the other poster said, a lot depends on timing. If your flight going to your desired destination arrives in the morning or mid-day and you want to tour, it might make sense to opt for the suite on that leg so you can sleep and be well rested and ready to go upon arrival.

On the flip side, it's always nice to have something to look forward to so that your flight home isn't completely depressing. Flying a suite to and then economy home is always like a punch to the gut.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 5:34 am
Suspended

We flew CDG-SIN in suites (and then J SIN-AKL) on the way home after flying Y from AKL to LHR. Can't recommend it enough! Mind you the Private Room in SIN is worth taking into account...
Old Aug 10, 2015, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by TMM1982
This is a personal choice. Like the other poster said, a lot depends on timing. If your flight going to your desired destination arrives in the morning or mid-day and you want to tour, it might make sense to opt for the suite on that leg so you can sleep and be well rested and ready to go upon arrival.

On the flip side, it's always nice to have something to look forward to so that your flight home isn't completely depressing. Flying a suite to and then economy home is always like a punch to the gut.
Yea, I think I agree the way home in economy would definitely be worse knowing what you're missing after you just experienced it. But I'll keep my eye on the flight times, I just assumed they were generally the same but I haven't actually gone through the booking process.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 6:26 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Originally Posted by agp423
I booked an award flight for jfk-fra-sin-bkk originally, and got charged 93500 miles. But I called to change the ticket to jfk-fra-sin-hkg, and was told by the agent that it would be 104125 miles. I said I did not have the extra miles in my account and would need a few days to transfer it, so she said she would hold the ticket and that I would have a month or so to transfer the miles, call back, and pay the change fees/taxes.

I transferred the extra miles to account and called back on a Friday, the agent said I would be charged 11000 miles extra, and some $45 or $55 fees, so I gave him the credit card number. He said it would take 2-3 business days for the award flight to be ticketed.

Today, I get an email confirmation with the new itinerary saying the flight has been ticketed. I still see the 11k miles in my account, and no charges from SQ on my credit card. I called back and another agent confirmed that the flight is indeed confirmed and ticketed.

Has anything like this happened to other people? Do I run the risk of finding out on the day of the flight that the flight isn't ticketed because I didn't pay enough miles?
Bump, still looking for y'all's input!
Old Aug 17, 2015, 1:18 am

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by TMM1982
Flying a suite to and then economy home is always like a punch to the gut
My wife and I are flying suites to Tokyo in October ... and flying back on a budget airline
Old Aug 17, 2015, 1:45 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by shuigao
My wife and I are flying suites to Tokyo in October ... and flying back on a budget airline
Talk about the highs and the lows...
Old Aug 17, 2015, 2:02 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by shuigao
May as well go in for a colonoscopy too.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 4:24 am

Programs: KF, Eva
hi guys,

sorry if I post a beginner question here.
I am wondering, I search for Star alliance awards redemption by using United tools and was quoted 130k miles for SIN-LAX first class. Does it mean I can use 130k KF miles if I book from SQ call centre? I assume the only way KF member can redeem Star alliance awards is by calling their call centre?

Cheers
Old Sep 3, 2015, 4:36 am

Programs: SQ KF Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat
Any reason why you wouldn't want to fly Suites SIN-LAX? Its ony 91k+++ KF miles. Unless you have very specific dates you want to fly and a Suites redemption isn't available of course, but 91k for Suites beats 130k United GlobalFirst any time.

In any case, you are right in that Star Alliance redemptions can only be done via SQ call center.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 4:44 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by elleana
Any reason why you wouldn't want to fly Suites SIN-LAX? Its ony 91k+++ KF miles. Unless you have very specific dates you want to fly and a Suites redemption isn't available of course, but 91k for Suites beats 130k United GlobalFirst any time.

In any case, you are right in that Star Alliance redemptions can only be done via SQ call center.
Its less than 91 with the SQ redemption discount.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 5:50 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Yeah you use lesser miles flying on SQ Metal and you get a better soft and hard product too.

UA F: 112.5K KF Miles
SQ F/R: 91.3K KF Miles

We forgive you cause you're still new into this.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 3:43 pm

I suppose the award seat isnt released and on waiting list and some folks would like their trips to be confirmed in first class...

speaking of which how are you guys experienced with their suite class waiting list and which options is more of success rate? lax to nrt or jfk to frk?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.