Community
Wiki Posts
Search

General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2015, 3:52 am

I created SQ account a while ago but have never flown them or put any miles in my account. I recently got an email saying that if I did not have any activity soon, SQ would close my account. Is there any reason for me to keep the account open? Or can I just opened a new account when I finally want to fly with them?
Old Jul 24, 2015, 9:34 am

Programs: SQ & QF
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
So to get the stopover, we have to give up the 15% discount?
I have booked on the phone before now and they have given me the 15% discount.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 10:04 am
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Around 2 weeks ago I flown on Turkish and credited the miles to SQ. The fare class was eligible for 100% accrual. No miles have posted on my SQ account. Anybody has any idea how long it might take?
Old Jul 26, 2015, 10:40 am

Red Eye flight from SIN to PVG
Do they serve supper or breakfast in J?
Could I opt to have my meal before landing?
Thanks!
Old Jul 26, 2015, 1:58 pm

I created SQ account a while ago but have never flown them or put any miles in my account. I recently got an email saying that if I did not have any activity soon, SQ would close my account. Is there any reason for me to keep the account open? Or can I just opened a new account when I finally want to fly with them?
Any thoughts?
Old Jul 26, 2015, 2:43 pm

New website

Anyone else having problems with SQ's newly revamped website? When I search for reward flights it goes through all kinds of re-directs to the country of origin site...then it loops back to the splash page. :/
Old Jul 27, 2015, 9:13 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by jjjohn
Red Eye flight from SIN to PVG
Do they serve supper or breakfast in J?
Could I opt to have my meal before landing?
Thanks!
I'll be flying this route soon with a friend so curious as well, redeye on both flights, SQ826/SQ825.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 1:15 am

Programs: SPG, A3, SQ, AA, AV, QT, VA, LH, EK
Does anyone else have troubles modifying bookings online?

This is the second time i've changed the date and cabin (from business to suites) on different award bookings, and each time it seems to have a website error. I would have thought a new website would mean things would work.. I guess not..
Old Jul 28, 2015, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by csidler

This is the second time i've changed the date and cabin (from business to suites) on different award bookings, and each time it seems to have a website error. I would have thought a new website would mean things would work.. I guess not..
YES. On my booking I couldn't select meal for one sector. When I called the office they said that they have many problem with the system now
Old Jul 29, 2015, 3:20 am

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Any thoughts?
No flights no miles activity ever? No reason to keep it open.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 2:48 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
I booked an award flight for jfk-fra-sin-bkk originally, and got charged 93500 miles. But I called to change the ticket to jfk-fra-sin-hkg, and was told by the agent that it would be 104125 miles. I said I did not have the extra miles in my account and would need a few days to transfer it, so she said she would hold the ticket and that I would have a month or so to transfer the miles, call back, and pay the change fees/taxes.

I transferred the extra miles to account and called back on a Friday, the agent said I would be charged 11000 miles extra, and some $45 or $55 fees, so I gave him the credit card number. He said it would take 2-3 business days for the award flight to be ticketed.

Today, I get an email confirmation with the new itinerary saying the flight has been ticketed. I still see the 11k miles in my account, and no charges from SQ on my credit card. I called back and another agent confirmed that the flight is indeed confirmed and ticketed.

Has anything like this happened to other people? Do I run the risk of finding out on the day of the flight that the flight isn't ticketed because I didn't pay enough miles?
Old Aug 4, 2015, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA PLT the rest, Kettle Power
First time SQ user here. I have 2 quick reward redemption questions.

1. I see *a availability EWR - CPH, where I'm trying to get to, in J. If I book this now as a *a award and saver J become available JFK - FRA, and then FRA-CPH on SAS or other, will it be considered the same award? Or will I have to reticket the whole thing?

2. Is this even possible? Can I do saver on SQ and *a on another carrier?

Thanks
T
Old Aug 5, 2015, 2:07 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by TGGDEL
First time SQ user here. I have 2 quick reward redemption questions.

1. I see *a availability EWR - CPH, where I'm trying to get to, in J. If I book this now as a *a award and saver J become available JFK - FRA, and then FRA-CPH on SAS or other, will it be considered the same award? Or will I have to reticket the whole thing?

2. Is this even possible? Can I do saver on SQ and *a on another carrier?

Thanks
T
All I know is if you ticket an award that includes a *A carrier, the whole flight itinerary will be using the *A Award chart. If you want the 15% discount on SQ Metal, you would have to have 2 separate tickets, 1 for SQ Metal which would be the Saver J award (if available), the other for *A.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 4:37 am

Flew MEL-SIN 2 weeks back and stumped up for a exit row seat, was worth the $$ however I discovered that my 2 seat mates were offered these at check-in for free (despite both seats being unavailable on the seatmap)
On Sat night I am flying the return SGN-SIN-MEL and currently all exit rows on the longer flight aren't available, if I ask at check-in in ho chi Minh if any are available can they assign me one or that only available from Singapore??
Old Aug 6, 2015, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by csidler

The new website is shi...

As is the case for pretty much all of Singapore's websites.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.