General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Old Jan 9, 2012, 7:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: SQ TPPS, EK Gold, IHG RA, Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, UA Premier Gold, TG Silver
Originally Posted by FN-GM
What aircraft type are you on?
Er... Check the title of his post...
Old Jan 12, 2012, 6:05 pm
TIV

I am flying SIN - LHR on Singapore Airlines i J (I am *G). Is there an arrival lounge in LHR I can use (it appears the Star Alliance arrival lounge is off limit when on Singapore Airlines)?

Many thanks in advance.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 8:14 pm

Programs: SQ & QF
Originally Posted by Wan1dap
Er... Check the title of his post...
Sorry i did miss that.

Originally Posted by sail0r
Looking on Seat Guru, tells me that my flight tomorrow will have:
"Each seat on this aircraft has a 110v AC power port as well as a USB port."
My Asus adapter shows it will take 100-240V ~1.4A (50-60Hz)
and O/P 19V -4.74A

Has anyone got experience with what adapter you need to get? I have a multi adapter, USA, Jap, CHN, Aus, Thai, UK, SP

From Whirlpool http://whrl.pl/Rc23Vj it looks like I will be OK (but their last info is 2008). If anyone would care to confirm a recent experience that would be even better.
Assuming your in Australia? your Australia plug wil not need any adapters. Also the UK and american one wont need any adapters.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 12:02 pm

Programs: QPPS, IHG Spire Elite Royal Ambassador, HH Diamond
You will need an adaptor on UK plugs. The pins are too big to be fitted in..

Originally Posted by FN-GM
Sorry i did miss that.

Assuming your in Australia? your Australia plug wil not need any adapters. Also the UK and american one wont need any adapters.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 10:50 pm

Programs: SQ & QF
Originally Posted by Nisse
You will need an adaptor on UK plugs. The pins are too big to be fitted in..
Sorry but you are wrong. The A330 will fit the UK plug i do it regular. The 777-300ER and A380 they wont fit.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 4:39 am

What are SQ like at using KrisFlyer miles to upgrade to Suites on the A380?

I don't have many miles, only 19,980, but would like to try and use them for A380 suites HKG-SIN, and pay for the top up required (about Ł300).

Also, anyone know why LHR-SIN fares are so expensive at the moment? For October, the sole 777 is around Ł530 rtn, whereas the 3 A380 flights are Ł810 rtn. I have heard of paying a premium for A380s but an extra Ł280 is pathetic. I might now have to give my beloved SQ317 a miss because it is too expensive.

I can get to SIN via KUL on MH A380 for much less!
Old Jul 19, 2012, 9:17 am

Programs: AA EXP / UA Lifetime Gold / Marriott Lifetime Plat / SPG Plat / Hyatt Diamond / HH Diamond / Avis CC
I am booked through UA DPS-SIN Business Class and SIN-ORD First Class. Will I have access to the First Class section of the SilverKris lounge? If not, are there sleeping rooms available elsewhere?
Thanks
Old Jul 20, 2012, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by A380 Flyer
What are SQ like at using KrisFlyer miles to upgrade to Suites on the A380?

I don't have many miles, only 19,980, but would like to try and use them for A380 suites HKG-SIN, and pay for the top up required (about Ł300).

Also, anyone know why LHR-SIN fares are so expensive at the moment? For October, the sole 777 is around Ł530 rtn, whereas the 3 A380 flights are Ł810 rtn. I have heard of paying a premium for A380s but an extra Ł280 is pathetic. I might now have to give my beloved SQ317 a miss because it is too expensive.

I can get to SIN via KUL on MH A380 for much less!
From what I understand, you cannot upgrade to Suites Class. SIN-HKG is Zone 1 to Zone 4 .. which would require 75,000 miles on a full upgrade award.

http://www.singaporeair.com/pdf/ppsc...ts_Mar2012.pdf

And if you look at the General Notes found at the bottom of the "Business to First Class" upgrade award chart, it states that :
Miles indicated here do not apply to Singapore Airlines Suites.
You would need to contact KF for that amount. Which IMO would probably cheaper if you just buy the ticket from HKG or SIN !

For economy class tickets, it does not make any difference if you are to take the A380 or 77W. It does depend on availability. The A380 does not require a premium in economy class.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 1:41 pm

Programs: All of them...
Was looking for first class ticket on ITA for JFK-FRA route, and it shows first class in P class, is this Suites? I thought suites are R class.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

SQ has opened up Suites Class (normally R) with P, F and A booking classes as well depending if a particular city pair has the lower discounted fares. JFK-FRA has R, P, and F class fares.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy

For economy class tickets, it does not make any difference if you are to take the A380 or 77W. It does depend on availability. The A380 does not require a premium in economy class.

Thanks for the info.

However, if you check SQ website, you will see the 777 flight SQ305 (i think) considerably cheaper than the 3A380s. Can't be a coincidence?

Also, does anyone know if SQ has ever sought 5th freedom between LHR-LAX? Just interested, that's all. Would be awesome if they utlised A380 on that route (probably would). It would be brilliant for their logistics, as they could circulate the globe with the same planes, without ever turning back on themselves on the LHR-SIN-NRT-LAX-LHR.

It would be very aggressive of SQ, and I know it's probably never gonna happen, but such routes are the future!
Old Jul 26, 2012, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They tried but never succeeded.

They are on codeshare with Virgin though.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 6:46 am

They tried but never succeeded.

They are on codeshare with Virgin though.
Yeah, SQ don't have much luck with European flights. I read now they are cancelling JFK-FRA from December.

Already?

Now they using that plane to do HKG-SFO instead, but I wonder how long it will be before they re-use it again.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by A380 Flyer
Yeah, SQ don't have much luck with European flights. I read now they are cancelling JFK-FRA from December.

Where did you read that? They're only having an equipment change and not a route change.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 3:56 am

Programs: SQ PPS, *A G
Where did you read that? They're only having an equipment change and not a route change.
When chatting with the IFS yesterday on SQ 952, he also said equipment change for SIN-FRA-JFK. Downgauge from 380 to 77W, with the 380 used instead for the SFO route. Other websites online also state this happening for winter.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.