Wiki Posts
Search

General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2015, 6:20 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SQ325
You didnt say that earlier
Not sure why you're rolling your eyes. Who the heck has enough miles to book a full award on KrisFlyer? The answer is almost nobody unless they're some sort of Asian Exec based out of Singapore that is globetrotting almost 24-7.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by TMM1982
Not sure why you're rolling your eyes. Who the heck has enough miles to book a full award on KrisFlyer? The answer is almost nobody unless they're some sort of Asian Exec based out of Singapore that is globetrotting almost 24-7.
There are plenty of people who can afford it, thats why they offering it. Browse a bit and you will find also Standard Awards to be waitlisted or even not available anymore.

There are awards available thats my point and no there is no airline conspiracy to cut award space. The seats in Suites are designed to create revenue for the airline and not meant to reward FrequentFlyers.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 8:24 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Quite true,

Imagine those people that flies constantly for work, racking up miles isn't hard for them.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 1:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by lcpteck
Quite true,

Imagine those people that flies constantly for work, racking up miles isn't hard for them.
Some of the full awards I've seen are north of 700,000 miles Hardly anyone has that.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 7:44 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
<redacted>

Actually i found F (savers) awards is more available compare to C awards on certain routes. It is really when and where.

Last edited by JDiver; Feb 7, 2015 at 2:33 pm Reason: Redacted previously deleted post content
Old Feb 5, 2015, 8:36 pm

<redacted>

I cannot assume that you are asking about saver awards, because you were not mentioning it. I also cant assume that you have not enough miles to book an standard award, because you also were not mentioning it.

How many people can afford it is indeed irrelevant, but you could have been one of them who can afford it.

Last edited by JDiver; Feb 7, 2015 at 2:34 pm Reason: Redacted previously deleted post content
Old Feb 5, 2015, 11:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Le Club Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Well even if you are redeeming for standard or full awards still might be better than using another option like Pay with KrisFlyer Miles - or worse just letting them expire.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by SQ325
I cannot assume that you are asking about saver awards, because you were not mentioning it. I also cant assume that you have not enough miles to book an standard award, because you also were not mentioning it.

How many people can afford it is indeed irrelevant, but you could have been one of them who can afford it.
Well, I thought it was pretty obvious that he was asking for Saver. <redacted>

Last edited by JDiver; Feb 7, 2015 at 2:34 pm Reason: Redacted overly personal bit
Old Feb 6, 2015, 8:33 am

Is there an easy way to check when my miles expire without calling in to KF? I have done several transfers over time, some smaller and some larger, and I'v cancelled some flights and redeposited, and I'd like to try to figure out when the various chunks expire.

Edit: whoops, found it. There is a link under my miles that I didn't notice before.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 2:28 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
A friendly reminder:

Please read the Rules we all agreed to abide by when we were granted membership and posting privileges. These are not suggested guidelines, they are Rules designed to keep FlyerTalk welcoming and friendly to all. Continual violation of those Rules can entail suspension of those privileges.

12. Abusive Or Disruptive Behavior Or Content Link to this topic

12.1 Friendly, Respectful and Welcoming

FlyerTalk is a community and is intended to be a friendly, helpful and collegial place.

Please post in a friendly, respectful, welcoming manner. 'Snarky,' unfriendly posts will not be allowed. If you don't have something constructive to contribute to a thread, please do not post.

Unhelpful posts, such as "Do a search" or those that merely comment on the worthiness of others' posts or threads are neither friendly nor welcoming and will not be allowed. If you can't be helpful or contribute substantive content to a thread, please refrain from posting.

12.2 Avoid Getting Personal

If you have a difference of opinion with another member, challenge the idea — NOT the person. Getting personal with another member is not allowed. Personal attacks, insults, baiting and flaming will not be tolerated.

FlyerTalk is a diverse, multi-cultural community. Expressions of prejudice or discrimination in any form are not permitted (such as those concerning race, nationality, religious belief, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, etc).

If another member gets personal with you, do not retaliate. Retaliation may well subject you to the same discipline. Instead, please use the 'Alert a moderator to this thread' button in the lower-left-hand-corner of each post, send a note explaining your concern to the moderator team, and leave it to them to handle. Please also see Rule 22 — When you believe someone has violated the rules.

12.3 Disruptive or repetitive posting

Posts that are inflammatory, inciting or unnecessarily provocative are not allowed.

Disrupting a forum by repetitively posting comments of the same general theme or 'piling-on' by posting merely to reinforce or bump a prior post of a disruptive nature are both examples of disruptive posting and not permitted.[/quote]

Posts that do not meet these standards are subject to summary deletion (some have been deleted). Thank you for keeping FlyerTalk friendly and useful to all.

JDiver
Senior Moderator

Last edited by JDiver; Feb 7, 2015 at 2:40 pm
Old Feb 8, 2015, 7:26 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Originally Posted by amolkold
Question: I've book an SQ award for SQ J from the USA to SIN, one-way.

I've noticed that SQ has very reasonable change fees. The trip is not for several months, but if I want to change my destination to another SE Asia country that requires the same amount of miles, can I simply do that by keeping the same USA-SIN flight (award avail is now 0) and adding the SIN-XXX flight? I'm guessing it would only cost $12, plus any changes in airport taxes?

I'm questioning it only because it seems too good to be true. $12?!?
Although you've likely already flown by now my advice would still be to run with it!! I was upgrading and they charged us $150 each!!!! Not sure if it's because we booked through air nz website but air nz doesn't charge if you're paying up....as you get more money. I made a bad assumption it would be the same on SQ.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 1:03 am

Programs: SPG, A3, SQ, AA, AV, QT, VA, LH, EK
Originally Posted by NZbutterfly
Although you've likely already flown by now my advice would still be to run with it!! I was upgrading and they charged us $150 each!!!! Not sure if it's because we booked through air nz website but air nz doesn't charge if you're paying up....as you get more money. I made a bad assumption it would be the same on SQ.
If the final destination was originally singapore.. it is going to cost more miles too. Singapore is in its own region on the award chart.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by csidler
If the final destination was originally singapore.. it is going to cost more miles too. Singapore is in its own region on the award chart.
Several countries, including Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam and Malaysia, all cost the same number of miles as Singapore when flying out of the US if you do not stopover in SIN (or pay the USD100 supplement, which I haven't tried personally)
Old Feb 22, 2015, 5:37 pm

Trying to book the following award: PTY-IAD-LAX-HNL-IAD-IAH-BZE with two stopovers, each one at IAD.

They are able to book but they are charging me for a stopover in HNL, when HNL should be the destination. They are saying BZE is the destination... how can I convey this to the phone agents that I should only be paying for one extra stopover?
Old Feb 22, 2015, 11:39 pm

Programs: SQ Gold, BA Bronze,GA Silver
A quick question about re-qualifying for KF Gold. My membership will expire on 28 Feb and I'm about 9,000 miles short. However, tomorrow (24 Feb) on LH and on Friday (27 Feb) on SQ I will do the flights that will just take me across the 50,000 mark.

I wondered whether what counts is when those miles are booked in or the dates I actually flew them? Cause if its when the book in I might be in trouble.

RVernius

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.