Community
Wiki Posts
Search

General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2015, 12:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
Originally Posted by agp423
If I phone in, can I get mixed-airline award flights on SQ? I need some UA positioning flights to SFO and then fly to SIN. Or do I have to book the positioning flights separately? If I can have mixed award flights, are the stopover rules/cost the same?
Yes, you can

But the redemption chart moves to the Star Alliance redemption rates

and iirc, the stopover rules and costs are the same.

I would check to see if it's cheaper to do separate bookings to take advantage of the 15% discount for SQ metal flights.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 1:41 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Hopefully this won't be useless planning, considering I don't see any JFK-FRA-SIN available for 2016, and this seems to be the case for many others as well.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by tycosiao
This actually depends on where your bags are tagged to.

If they are tagged to your onward destination, then you do not have to collect your bags.

However, if they are tagged to SIN, you have to clear immigration and collect your bags.

Even if your bags are tagged to SIN, SQ allows check-in 48 hours before departure so you don't have to lug your bags all the way into the city.

Enjoy your short visit to Singapore!
Thanks tycosiao!
Old Feb 2, 2015, 4:35 pm

I can remember flying with SQ last year and there was a Hilton Hotels ad that showed before every movie on my KrisWorld system (I know I can skip it, but I liked to watch it).

It had a great jingle and I must have watched it 6 or 7 times on my ultra long haul flight to Singapore.

Any way I can find the advert somewhere? It's not on YouTube.

Is there any place old airline ads are stored?
Old Feb 2, 2015, 5:19 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Has SQ pulled all F/J awards on a380 routes?? I can't seem to find anything on JFK-SIN or SIN-FRA. I am looking 11 months out.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 5:22 pm

Has SQ pulled all F/J awards on a380 routes?? I can't seem to find anything on JFK-SIN or SIN-FRA. I am looking 11 months out.

Just last night I was checking Suites availability for SIN-JFK in the beginning of January. Saw 2 seats on quite a few dates. All of that is gone as of now. I wonder if it has to do with the cut in capacity on the other SIN-FRA flight.

Availability for European/Aussie Suites routes is normal though. EDIT: So is SIN-LAX.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 6:06 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Is there a quicker (and free) way to check availability besides me sitting there clicking on "next day" until I hit something?

Just checked JFK-FRA-SIN in F for all of Jan 2016, nothing available. Also checked FRA-SIN in J for all of 2016, nothing on the A380, a few opening on the 777.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 12:17 am
Suspended

I wonder if airlines are joining forces to prevent travel hackers from cheating their way to awards.

First, it was EK that took away availability through Alaska. Now SQ is taking away availability. Those were 2 awards that I was saving up for so it seems like my efforts are going to be for not.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 5:01 am

Just checked JFK-FRA-SIN in F for all of Jan 2016, nothing available. Also checked FRA-SIN in J for all of 2016, nothing on the A380, a few opening on the 777.
I found availabilty on the whole of january 2016 in Suites on above route.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 5:46 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Do you mean "no avail for F/Suites in Saver Awards"? Cuz there are quite a few availability early January 2015 on A380 in Standard and Full Awards.... (ie. January 7th)

EDIT: sorry only JFK-FRA..... my bad
Old Feb 3, 2015, 5:58 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SQ325
I found availabilty on the whole of january 2016 in Suites on above route.
For saver awards?

Originally Posted by enelym1978
Do you mean "no avail for F/Suites in Saver Awards"? Cuz there are quite a few availability early January 2015 on A380 in Standard and Full Awards.... (ie. January 7th)

EDIT: sorry only JFK-FRA..... my bad
I do mean saver. There are standard and full most if not all the time.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 6:21 am
Suspended

I saw a few suites available in saver but they're all waitlist, not available.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 6:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Le Club Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Is there a quicker (and free) way to check availability besides me sitting there clicking on "next day" until I hit something?

Try using the Singapore Airlines App - done a guide if useful

Gives you a view of multiple days.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 7:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
What's the best way to change an award, if one is looking to change both dates and route? Cancel/rebook, or call and change the whole thing at once?
Old Feb 3, 2015, 8:39 pm

For saver awards?
You didnt say that earlier

Suites are popular as redemption, so iam not surprised that you cant find availabilty in saver. SQs policy to allow credit card point transfers into Krisflyer unfortunately takes its toll on the availabilty of Suites especially on the US-SIN routes.

Either waitlist and book a C redemption as a backup or try to find a route which is less popular if needs to be Suites.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.