Community
Wiki Posts
Search

General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2014, 12:10 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
I am only looking for one way. What's the 15% discount you speak of? I can book a one way stopover do an extra $100? Count me in!
Old Jul 22, 2014, 6:09 am

Programs: TK*G, QR Gold, VA Gold, NZ Gold
Originally Posted by agp423
What's the 15% discount you speak of?
You get a standard 15% reduction on mileage usage when you redeem online via SIA website
Old Jul 22, 2014, 7:33 am
Accor Contributor Badge

15% on the 50K mile cost for PVG-SIN-DPS, or is the 50K already discounted?
Old Jul 22, 2014, 7:44 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Award chart will not show the 15% discount. Only when you go online and select the flight will it reflect the actual miles spent (which is after 15% discount).
Old Jul 22, 2014, 8:05 am

50k is not discounted yet on this case. However this 50K from memory is just PVG-SIN.. DPS do not have F class. You might need to rethink and book C class both legs.

Also, you may only get stopover for one way flight award if you book Standard award ticket at least you spend 70K less discount.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 8:15 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Correct, SIN-DPS is a two-cabin flight. The only reason I want to fly SIN is for the A380 F. Otherwise I'd just fly TG PVG-BKK-DPS.

You're saying I can't get a stopover (even with $100 extra) on a saver award (50K miles)?
Old Jul 22, 2014, 8:27 am

Correct, SIN-DPS is a two-cabin flight. The only reason I want to fly SIN is for the A380 F. Otherwise I'd just fly TG PVG-BKK-DPS.

You're saying I can't get a stopover (even with $100 extra) on a saver award (50K miles)?
It's not published anywhere on the site, but many have confirmed you can get a stopover on a one-way Saver for a US$100 surcharge + loss of the 15% discount.

If it doesn't work, book two separate PVG-SIN and SIN-DPS awards. You will pay 42,500 for PVG-SIN in F and then 14,875 for SIN-DPS for a total of 57,375 miles, which may actually be a better deal as you don't have to pay the US$100 surcharge. Better than booking a Standard award.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 8:39 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by tng11
You will pay 42,500 for PVG-SIN in F and then 14,875 for SIN-DPS for a total of 57,375 miles, which may actually be a better deal as you don't have to pay the US$100 surcharge. Better than booking a Standard award.
This is a great idea, thanks. I can modify legs as well without risking my whole itinerary getting messed up should my plans change. Thanks!
Old Jul 22, 2014, 6:42 pm

Hi everyone

I have a question regarding award availability when booking with krisflyer miles. I am looking for 2 coach award seats for HKG to SIN in the later half of Feb 2015. I have been watching the SQ site and there is a ton of award availability each day and then it ends around Feb 12th. I've watched for weeks and nothing has opened up beyond that date at the saver level. Does Singapore airlines open up award availability in batches? should I just keep checking back each week? thank you.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 2:27 am

Programs: SPG, A3, SQ, AA, AV, QT, VA, LH, EK
Originally Posted by Explore
1) Do KF miles expire exactly 3 years from earning date of each transaction, or at the end of each calendar year say?

2) Can you ticket travel almost a full year beyond the expiry date, if booked before that date?

Thanks.....
If you have points expiring in March, and you book the ticket in january to fly in October, you have until the following January to make changes to it. I.E. in September you could decide to change it from OCtober to the following July... But you can only make changes during those initial 12 months.. so technically you could almost stretch a booking out two years..

It will tell you online in your account when and how many points are going to expire soon.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 4:47 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Just booked my PVG-SIN on A380 for 42.5K miles and about $133 in taxes and fees. So far, I have the F cabin all to myself . Given the time of flight, I am hopefully that I will be the only F pax when flying .
Old Jul 27, 2014, 4:31 am

i booked flight SYD-BKK-SIN-SYD where BKK-SIN is actually biz class award so separate booking ref. Would I be able to check my baggage at BKK straight to SYD with priority baggage? I have 7 hours connecting in SIN in between flights.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 6:21 am

Programs: SQ & QF
Originally Posted by scrappydog
Would I be able to check my baggage at BKK straight to SYD with priority baggage?
Yes, you will be fine
Old Jul 27, 2014, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by tng11
It's not published anywhere on the site, but many have confirmed you can get a stopover on a one-way Saver for a US$100 surcharge + loss of the 15% discount.
Is this the case for star alliance partner awards, as well? That is, can we book a one-way star alliance award and add a stopover for $100?
Old Jul 28, 2014, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by SQ325
IMHO eat at the airport in HND. Sleep onboard and take breakfast in Changi at the airport or in town. If you have business to do, most companies start work between 8 and 9am, so there is plenty of time for breakfast. The time to sleep onboard is limited (the flightime from Japan is usually between 6h and 7h, leaving you with 5hto 6 hours sleep) and IMHO i would not surrender my sleep for an airline breakfast meal.
Not to venture out of the topic, but if one happens to take the morning flight from HND to SIN, be prepared to stuff yourself at HND ANA lounge and on board of the SQ flight that offers the amazing Hanakoireki Japanese meal service:

I recently did that food fest, check the following trip report. The HND/ANA Lounge/SQ Japnese meals in J are on page 9.

SQ-Bento Box, VIE-Schnitzels, NYC-Mac Bar and MIA-Tony Roma's - *A RTW in J

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Jul 28, 2014 at 5:53 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.