Community
Wiki Posts
Search

General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2014, 12:44 am

Programs: SQ & QF
Originally Posted by agp423
Is there a way to find out which SQ flight has suite F seats? I'm particularly interested in the SIN-BKK, SIN-DPS route, and SIN-PVG route.
If you do a search of the flights and have a look at the seat maps. On the top it will tell you what cabins the A/C has.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 4:35 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Is it true that you cannot get suite in saver awards? Do you need to get it in standard or full?

Also, why can't I search for seat availability in PVG-SIN on SQ's website? It always gives me an error message and tells me to remove destination pair or something.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 4:46 am

Programs: KF Gold | IHG Amb | SPG LTG | HH Gold
Is it true that you cannot get suite in saver awards? Do you need to get it in standard or full?

Also, why can't I search for seat availability in PVG-SIN on SQ's website? It always gives me an error message and tells me to remove destination pair or something.
I did a dummy and able to see Suite Saver redemption available on SQ825 (PVG-SIN)

F Seats are available on other 773ER flights as well.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 11:47 am

I booked one a few weeks ago SQ 26 FRA-JFK. I saw a few dates where the full SQ 26 routing, SIN-FRA-JFK was available.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 1:02 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Saver awards are definitely available for Suites. One just has to keep in mind that there are less saver awards than standard awards, and less standard awards than full awards.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 8:48 pm

Programs: NZ, EK, QF
NZ/SQ

Am looking at booking SQ282 (AKL-SIN) for 26DEC but am wondering what the status of this flight is considering it has been rumored to be flown on NZ metal due to the tie up with SQ. Currently still showing as SQ metal when doing the booking. Any additional info would be helpful.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 9:06 am

Programs: UAL 1K, AA, DL, B6 Mosaic, SWA, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Tita.
I have a question. I have some KrisFlyer miles that are expiring in a couple of months. Can anyone give me suggestions on how to keep these miles from expiring? I was thinking about transferring some of my hotel points to KrisFlyer miles. Is this enough to keep my miles from expiring? Other suggestions are always welcome.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 12:13 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Apologies if this has been answered, but my search didn't turn anything up.

I booked an SQ award (using KF miles) over the phone this morning, but when I try to pull the reservation up online on SQ.com, I get an error ("Sorry, we are unable to proceed with your request. Please contact your local Singapore Airlines office.").

This happens whether I click on the itinerary from the "My Bookings" tab, or look up it up via booking reference or ticket number.

I called SQ who assured me that the booking was ticketed, and I can see it when I look it up on checkmytrip.com, but I want to be able to manage it online/select seats/BTC.

Is this a known issue with a workaround, or should I try to escalate this with SQ?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 4:08 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by Platini
I have a question. I have some KrisFlyer miles that are expiring in a couple of months. Can anyone give me suggestions on how to keep these miles from expiring? I was thinking about transferring some of my hotel points to KrisFlyer miles. Is this enough to keep my miles from expiring? Other suggestions are always welcome.
Krisflyer miles expires 3 years from earning date. You can extend the expiry by another 6 months (for normal members) and also 12 months (for elite members) by paying a fee/miles. Here's the webpage of the fees involved. You can do it online under My Account/My Miles/Miles Expiry and Extension.

If I remember correctly, you can do the extension only once. After which it will expire regardless. If anybody feels this is incorrect, please correct me, thanks.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 12:07 am

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by lcpteck
Krisflyer miles expires 3 years from earning date. You can extend the expiry by another 6 months (for normal members) and also 12 months (for elite members) by paying a fee/miles. Here's the webpage of the fees involved. You can do it online under My Account/My Miles/Miles Expiry and Extension.

If I remember correctly, you can do the extension only once. After which it will expire regardless. If anybody feels this is incorrect, please correct me, thanks.
1) Do KF miles expire exactly 3 years from earning date of each transaction, or at the end of each calendar year say?

2) Can you ticket travel almost a full year beyond the expiry date, if booked before that date?

Thanks.....
Old Jul 17, 2014, 12:35 pm

i have a business class ticket on BR at SFO. Would like to know if i can access the SKL lounge there.

Thanks
Old Jul 18, 2014, 3:24 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
SQ 334 to CDG has been renamed to SQ336 from Nov 2014. Flight timings stay the same

Any reason for the renaming? Are they adding an additional flight in the future?
Old Jul 21, 2014, 3:33 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
I'm trying to book an award flight in F on PVG-SIN-DPS, with a two day stopover at SIN. I searched both segments individually to confirm availability, but when I search the entire trip with the stopover included, I get a message saying "Add or remove origin and destination pairs below", and the search boxes default back to departing SFO and the destination blank. Can you not book stopover award flights online?

Also, for the SIN-DPS segment, since it's a two cabin flight serviced by both the 772 and 333, is true that the 333 have newer J seats than the 772? I did a search on Seatguru and it seems that way, but I know Seatguru isn't the most reliable thing so I thought I'd confirm here.

Last edited by TOMFORD; Jul 21, 2014 at 3:48 pm
Old Jul 21, 2014, 4:30 pm

Programs: SQ & QF
Also, for the SIN-DPS segment, since it's a two cabin flight serviced by both the 772 and 333, is true that the 333 have newer J seats than the 772? I did a search on Seatguru and it seems that way, but I know Seatguru isn't the most reliable thing so I thought I'd confirm here.
On that route yes. But i don't think the A333 goes to DPS does it?
Old Jul 21, 2014, 5:57 pm

I'm trying to book an award flight in F on PVG-SIN-DPS, with a two day stopover at SIN. I searched both segments individually to confirm availability, but when I search the entire trip with the stopover included, I get a message saying "Add or remove origin and destination pairs below", and the search boxes default back to departing SFO and the destination blank. Can you not book stopover award flights online?

Your problem here is you're trying to book a mixed cabin award - it can't be done online.

Also, it's not clear if you're looking at a one-way booking or roundtrip. One-way bookings cannot be booked with stopovers online, but you can do so through the call centre for a USD100 surcharge and you relinquish the 15% discount.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.