Community
Wiki Posts
Search

General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2017, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by hondaman82
HI experts,
if i book basic economy flying United, can i still credit 100% of the miles to SQ? thanks!
use this website to check for mileage earning

http://www.wheretocredit.com/

in general, US airlines (except AS) these days do not give 100% miles or anywhere close to that, unless you are willing to pay $$$ for economy or $$$$$ for premium cabins

WN may be another renegade alongside AS, but i am not familiar since i never fly them.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 4:25 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Hi there,
Just wondering if PPS value is still calculated no matter what the ticket stock is? I have only credited SQ-issued (618) to PPS club before.
I am looking to by a Lufthansa (220) issued RTW ticket, will the SQ legs count for PPS value? I haven't found any posts from the last few years.
Thanks for your help.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 10:54 pm

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by vantage03
Hi there,
Just wondering if PPS value is still calculated no matter what the ticket stock is? I have only credited SQ-issued (618) to PPS club before.
I am looking to by a Lufthansa (220) issued RTW ticket, will the SQ legs count for PPS value? I haven't found any posts from the last few years.
Thanks for your help.
"If you fly in Business or First Class on a codeshare flight, you'll earn PPS Value if your journey's on a Singapore Airlines or SilkAir aircraft."

I'm guessing this means that if you're flying a partner codeshare on an SQ aircraft you will earn PPS value. Though I don't know how they would calculate the PPS value for a RTW ticket for the SQ codeshare segments.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 8:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Do we know when the new suites product will be rolled out to the JFK-SIN (via FRA) route? Thinking about booking a flight for 2018.

Also, I have enough miles for SQ suites one way JFK to SIN. Which direction offers the best experience? I have done NYC-FRA and back in suites and do not like the FRA-JFK segment that much since its a morning flight. However, I have never flown SQ suites from SIN. Does the ground experience in SIN (ie lounges etc) make for a great experience that would make it much more worthwhile to go SIN-JFK instead of JFK-SIN? My other flight will likely be in CX F where the ground experience in HKG is the best I have ever had, so I am leaning towards CX flight back but I am keeping an open mind.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 5:18 am

No, nobody knows. The present product is better ex-JFK. SQ does not offer any 'ground experience', even at its home base. In terms of lounges, the clubhouse beats the private room hands down.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 2:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Phaze
No, nobody knows. The present product is better ex-JFK. SQ does not offer any 'ground experience', even at its home base. In terms of lounges, the clubhouse beats the private room hands down.
Oh ok in that case I will look to book it on the outbound. I have used the clubhouse before.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 4:05 pm

Programs: NH, JL, SQ
If i book a 'R' fare through AS but operated by VX, do i get miles awarded based on the AS earning rate?

edit: crediting to KF
Old Oct 9, 2017, 10:24 am

Where to find the inflight menu?

I am booked on SQ1 from SFO to SIN in mid-Dec. I read that inflight menus are now available online on the booking page but I cant seem to be able find them anywhere on my booking page. I can see the BTC options but dont see a link to the inflight menu. Is it too early for it to be available online?
Old Oct 10, 2017, 3:55 am

Programs: LH FTL
Originally Posted by zerone
I am booked on SQ1 from SFO to SIN in mid-Dec. I read that inflight menus are now available online on the booking page but I cant seem to be able find them anywhere on my booking page. I can see the BTC options but dont see a link to the inflight menu. Is it too early for it to be available online?
Probably. The menu for my upcoming FRA-SIN flight in late October was available only a week or so ago, while SIN-MUC in mid November is still not available.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 1:23 am

In a few weeks I'll fly DPS - SIN - MUC with a 8 hour layover at SIN. DPS-SIN is in Y, SIN - MUC in J, different tickets, but both on SQ, so I assume that my luggage will be checked through to MUC and all boarding passes are issued in DPS. I'd like to know whether there are any lockers in the lounge or somewhere else airside to leave my hand luggage. I'm thinking of buying tobacco in Indonesia, but also to leave the airport during my layover in SIN, hence the need to store my bag airside. Is that possible?
Old Oct 13, 2017, 3:42 am

Programs: NH, JL, SQ
Originally Posted by ex-koelner
In a few weeks I'll fly DPS - SIN - MUC with a 8 hour layover at SIN. DPS-SIN is in Y, SIN - MUC in J, different tickets, but both on SQ, so I assume that my luggage will be checked through to MUC and all boarding passes are issued in DPS. I'd like to know whether there are any lockers in the lounge or somewhere else airside to leave my hand luggage. I'm thinking of buying tobacco in Indonesia, but also to leave the airport during my layover in SIN, hence the need to store my bag airside. Is that possible?
i think in general you should never assume that your bags will be checked through on separate tickets, yes the agents can do it but if they decide not to for whatever reason your plans might just be screwed.

having said that SIN has storage both landside and airside.
http://www.changiairport.com/en/airp...e-storage.html
Old Oct 13, 2017, 11:00 am

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Originally Posted by ex-koelner
You should be fine. I have had no issue having SQ through-checking baggage to themselves or MI on separate tickets at outstations. If the check-in agent at DPS doesn't know how they will ask a supervisor for assistance. I do this frequently at SUB/CGK with zero issues.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by merridius
i think in general you should never assume that your bags will be checked through on separate tickets, yes the agents can do it but if they decide not to for whatever reason your plans might just be screwed.

having said that SIN has storage both landside and airside.
http://www.changiairport.com/en/airp...e-storage.html
Thanks, this is very helpful to know that there is a baggage storage. I would buy the cigarettest in the duty free shop in DPS, at that point I will know whether my luggage will be checked through, but in the past, I found SQ's agents very helpful with interlining.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 11:21 am

Mixed business-economy cabin award flight, agent insists on doing additive pricing (as 2 tickets) instead of just the business class pricing.

Any special wordings or workarounds to make it price as business class, even though I'll be sitting in economy on one of the segments?

This is on star-alliance metal (AirCanada)
Old Oct 19, 2017, 11:15 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Suites SIN Ground Experience Question

I booked SYD-SIN-HKG in Suites class (first time in Suites and an A380!)

SQ22: SYD 15:00 - SIN 21:00
Layover: 11hr 20min
SQ860: SIN 08:40 - HKG 12:40

Both legs are operated by an A380. Will I have access to the Private Room? I know that club is closed from 02:30 through 05:30. Come that time I can just move to another lounge. Can I expect to be met at the gate upon arriving as well?

Sorry for noob questions. I've never flown SQ premium cabin through SIN before. I'm excited

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.