Wiki Posts
Search

General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2017, 8:43 pm

It makes perfect sense.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 7:13 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Red259
Hmm that seems a bit silly on what will be their longest flight.
Not really, even with the lighter weight aircraft and much better fuel efficiency than those old 340s.

There are interesting articles from various aviation and business publications (some links posted on FT somewhere), that explain why the SQ EWR-SIN was all business, the costs to run that route and why going forward, more airlines are ordering aircraft with no F.

So I can see why some people would thing 17+ hours is a good reason for F from a comfort or service p.o.v, it is not necessarily so from the airlines' view.

LH and EK, among others, have also reduce F on some of their routes and have are will be refurbishing aircraft on other routes that will have no F, but instead J, PY and Y.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 11:38 pm

Has anyone encounter the following :

when check-in for a SQ flight in Asia region, the check-in agent asked for proof of CC that was used to pay for the tix.

asking this, bc i had paid for an award tix for a family member using my CC, but i will not be traveling with them. so a bit worried this might happen.

what would be the appropriate recourse? write a letter, with a scanned copy of my CC, indicating that i approve and paid for the tix on their behalf?
Old Jul 19, 2017, 11:41 pm

Will SQ check through luggage for you, if the SQ and SAA (the next flight) tix were booked as separate tix?

I hope so - since both are *A?
Old Jul 20, 2017, 12:07 am

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by gnomey
when check-in for a SQ flight in Asia region, the check-in agent asked for proof of CC that was used to pay for the tix.

asking this, bc i had paid for an award tix for a family member using my CC, but i will not be traveling with them. so a bit worried this might happen.
I've asked similar question on other threads, and it seems that the consensus is that SQ doesn't ask for CC's for award tickets.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 1:58 am

Has anyone encounter the following :

what would be the appropriate recourse? write a letter, with a scanned copy of my CC, indicating that i approve and paid for the tix on their behalf?
Call SQ, request for LOI (letter of indemnity), signed and revert back. All good!
Old Jul 20, 2017, 2:10 am

Thank you both

Originally Posted by shuigao
I've asked similar question on other threads, and it seems that the consensus is that SQ doesn't ask for CC's for award tickets.
this is true, per the SQ agent i called up and spoke to. i think they may only ask abt the CC if it is a revenue tix

Originally Posted by terbangalways
Call SQ, request for LOI (letter of indemnity), signed and revert back. All good!
yes, this is an option if it is a revenue tix. good to know abt this!
Old Jul 20, 2017, 2:20 am

Programs: SQ TPPS, QR Gold
Will SQ check through luggage for you, if the SQ and SAA (the next flight) tix were booked as separate tix?

I hope so - since both are *A?
Yes. I have done this a couple of years ago, SIN-JNB-WDH, with SIN-JNB on SQ, JNB-WDH on SA. Separate tickets in J. Managed to get checked through on the return too. Having said that, the airlines are under no obligation to do this on separate tickets, so do budget enough time to recheck at your transit point.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by cowie
Yes. I have done this a couple of years ago, SIN-JNB-WDH, with SIN-JNB on SQ, JNB-WDH on SA. Separate tickets in J. Managed to get checked through on the return too. Having said that, the airlines are under no obligation to do this on separate tickets, so do budget enough time to recheck at your transit point.
Great, thank you. We def have enough time if luggage is not interlined, but it is just a pain to exit / re-enter

thanks!
Old Jul 25, 2017, 8:52 am

Do you need to pass border control in the UK when flying Houston - Manchester - Singapore with SQ? and is a direct airside visa required?
Old Jul 26, 2017, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
I have around 36k Virgin Atlantic plus 75k Citi points which I could transfer to either SQ or VS - so let's say 110k; add a Chase Ink ( 80k ) =190k - a little spend gets the total to 204k. I was able to see one seat on Jan 10 SFO-SIN-JNB for 102k plus $28, when I put in 2 seats it went away. Are 2 J seats really hard?

Last edited by kmandrew; Jul 26, 2017 at 2:13 pm
Old Jul 28, 2017, 11:47 am

Programs: TMTL
Question

Not sure if I'm on the right thread, so forgive me if I'm not.... So I was trying to put myself on a wait list from LAX-HKG, (the flights available has to go through ICN or NRT then SIN and finally HKG for 92K. But when I click on the wait list tab the required miles jumps to 155K. What am I missing or doing wrong? Thanks for any clarification on this.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by SeaGal24
Not sure if I'm on the right thread, so forgive me if I'm not.... So I was trying to put myself on a wait list from LAX-HKG, (the flights available has to go through ICN or NRT then SIN and finally HKG for 92K. But when I click on the wait list tab the required miles jumps to 155K. What am I missing or doing wrong? Thanks for any clarification on this.
The 92k rate only applies for non-stop flights across the pacific.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 11:05 pm

Programs: TMTL
Originally Posted by stargold
The 92k rate only applies for non-stop flights across the pacific.
Thank you for your response stargold! So what if there are no non-stop flights on this routing I still have to pay for 2 like separate legs? I don't seem to remember that I was priced that way last year when I booked SYD-SIN-ICN(stopover)-LAX
Old Jul 29, 2017, 2:07 am

The non-stop pricing only applies to North Asia-NA and Europe-NA region pairs when you get the cheaper rate for specific SQ non-stop flights. If you're doing SYD-LAX then you can take connecting flights as usual.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.