Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Does SQ have a baggage agreement with Cathay?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2005, 11:17 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond

Before I call reservations, just wondering if anybody know whether SQ can interline bags over to CX and vice versa? Thanks.
Old Aug 12, 2005, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've done this a few times in the past and the answer would be yes. Just show both tickets upon check-in and you should be fine. But I would highly recommend that you call SQ beforehand just to make sure there isn't any changes to the policies. The last time I did so was 2004.
Old Aug 12, 2005, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Worked fine with me back in May this year. Always ask the check-in agent issuing your onward boarding pass to verify if your bag was really transferred though.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Does anyone know if this is still the case?

I'm going from UA-SQ-CX. Will I be able to check my bag at UA all the way to the last leg on CX?
Old Jul 10, 2012, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
Does anyone know if this is still the case?

I'm going from UA-SQ-CX. Will I be able to check my bag at UA all the way to the last leg on CX?
That,you'd have to ask UA since they're the one doing the tagging.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 9:39 pm

Programs: All Around Nobody
I thought if they sold the itin together that there was an interline agreement, like how you can book an AA flight that connects to UA and they'll interline. Is that not the case for foreign carriers?
Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:11 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
What most people don't know is that interline agreements have existed between most if not all major airlines long before marketing alliances such as Star Alliance / Oneworld existed!

Sometimes it seems to me that one of the purposes of these alliances is to make customers think that only airlines within an alliance can interline so that they would stick to a single alliance when travelling.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.