Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SIA Travel Insurance covers Flight Delays on SQ25???

Old Jul 2, 2012, 1:03 am
Original Poster

Hi all,

so i was on this SQ25 flight, 13-15th june 2012 from JFK-FRA-SIN, the SIA A380-800 experienced a hydraulic leakage 2 hours after we departed from FRA, we did a turn back to FRA and so our flight from frankfurt to SIN was delayed by 22.5 hours and we were offered free meals and accommodation. However when i look over the FAQ section on SIA website i found out that the fuel and travel insurance fee that i paid (USD542) actually "Compensates you financially for the time you spend on waiting for a re-scheduled Singapore Airlines flight." So i am wondering if my case is eligible for a compensation, how can i get my compensation from SIA? Thank you!!!!!
Old Jul 2, 2012, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
1. Welcome to FlyerTalk and the SQ forum.
2. Don't know. You'd have to ask SQ that. You'd also be eligible or EU compensation too if you had originally started from FRA. Up to 600 euros I think but it doesnt cover you as you originated from the US.

Your fuel surcharge is not really considered as insurance for delays. You need to ask this with SQ Customer Relations. A separate travel insurance would have resolved th problem instantly.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.