Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

How early can I check in and can I sleep in the F lounge?

Old May 11, 2012, 5:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Amex Plat

Sorry for the silly question, but I'm new to SQ.

I will be flying in F from SIN to MNL on a flight that leaves at 0930. Is my understanding that you can sleep in the F lounge correct? If so, can I check in the night before my flight and sleep in the F lounge? I will be arriving in SIN several days earlier on DL, so I don't think this could be considered a transit stop.

Thanks!
Old May 11, 2012, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by tacostuff
Sorry for the silly question, but I'm new to SQ.

I will be flying in F from SIN to MNL on a flight that leaves at 0930. Is my understanding that you can sleep in the F lounge correct? If so, can I check in the night before my flight and sleep in the F lounge? I will be arriving in SIN several days earlier on DL, so I don't think this could be considered a transit stop.

Thanks!
correct.
yes, only at T2 if you have bags to check.
no issues with that.
Old May 14, 2012, 7:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
In SIN, you can check in for SQ flights up to 48 hours before departure, although I don't think you could easily spend two full days in the lounge. There are sleeping areas in the T2 F lounge but AFAIK not in T3, including TPR, where you should go for dinner.

IIRC you can check in at the dedicated FC SQ check in lounge in T3 for any SQ flight in FC, even though you would then need to go (airside after the special passport control line for SQ FC passengers) to T2 for the flight. This is closed in the middle of the night.

You are free to use either (or both) of the SQ lounges, in T2 or T3, regardless of where your flight departs. They're different and it's fun to explore both (as well as the butterfly garden etc.) if you have lots of time at the airport.

You can also sleep in the free movie theater or in one of the airside transit hotels for a reasonable price.
Old May 14, 2012, 8:47 pm

Programs: BW Diamond, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, M&C Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
In SIN, you can check in for SQ flights up to 48 hours before departure, although I don't think you could easily spend two full days in the lounge. There are sleeping areas in the T2 F lounge but AFAIK not in T3, including TPR, where you should go for dinner.

IIRC you can check in at the dedicated FC SQ check in lounge in T3 for any SQ flight in FC, even though you would then need to go (airside after the special passport control line for SQ FC passengers) to T2 for the flight. This is closed in the middle of the night.

You are free to use either (or both) of the SQ lounges, in T2 or T3, regardless of where your flight departs. They're different and it's fun to explore both (as well as the butterfly garden etc.) if you have lots of time at the airport.

You can also sleep in the free movie theater or in one of the airside transit hotels for a reasonable price.
Coathanger from SQTalk spent 45hrs ++ in Changi and visiting TPR for meals

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthre...t=4699&page=29
Old Jul 26, 2013, 6:15 pm

Programs: United Gold
I'm flying SIN-NRT-HNL all in UA Global First (O). The SIN-NRT flight leaves at 0700. I was wondering if I could check in at 0400 so that I could visit both First Class lounges (I understand they are open 24 hours). Are the check-in agents for UA there that early?
Old Jul 29, 2013, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by love_to_travel
I'm flying SIN-NRT-HNL all in UA Global First (O). The SIN-NRT flight leaves at 0700. I was wondering if I could check in at 0400 so that I could visit both First Class lounges (I understand they are open 24 hours). Are the check-in agents for UA there that early?
Perhaps you should ask this over at UA forum?
Old Jul 29, 2013, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Perhaps you should ask this over at UA forum?
You're right I should have asked there in the first place. UA check-in opens at 3:30AM, so I'll have a lot of time to lounge hop all over Changi.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 11:39 pm

Even though the lounges may be open 24 hours, there may not be any food and drinks out at 4am. Staffing will be minimal at that hour as well.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 1:35 am

Originally Posted by antkleve
Even though the lounges may be open 24 hours, there may not be any food and drinks out at 4am. Staffing will be minimal at that hour as well.
Do you know what time there will be food?

Maybe my United flight to NRT will be delayed =)
Old Jul 30, 2013, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by love_to_travel
You're right I should have asked there in the first place. UA check-in opens at 3:30AM, so I'll have a lot of time to lounge hop all over Changi.
Are you even allowed to use SQ's SKL?
Old Jul 30, 2013, 8:06 pm

Yes.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 8:12 pm

Programs: SQ PPS, *A G
I was thinking the same thing. I believe unless you are travelling on SQ operated flights, you will have to use the Star Alliance Gold lounge, and cannot use the SQ Silverkris Lounges. Unless there is some special code share rule that we don't know about. here is the language from the SKL website:

You can enjoy access to our lounges if you are our Suites, First or Business Class passenger, or PPS Club members departing on Singapore Airlines operated flights. For travellers on codeshare flights, lounge entitlements would depend on the rules of the airline operating your flight.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 8:17 pm

Programs: SQ PPS, *A G
Originally Posted by antkleve
in my experience, the food available overnight is instant noodles, that's it. I would much rather get a simple room at the Ambassador Transit Hotel, I think that is much more comfortable than trying to catch sleep on a lounge couch.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by SQShortFinal
I was thinking the same thing. I believe unless you are travelling on SQ operated flights, you will have to use the Star Alliance Gold lounge, and cannot use the SQ Silverkris Lounges. Unless there is some special code share rule that we don't know about. here is the language from the SKL website:

You can enjoy access to our lounges if you are our Suites, First or Business Class passenger, or PPS Club members departing on Singapore Airlines operated flights. For travellers on codeshare flights, lounge entitlements would depend on the rules of the airline operating your flight.
It's a Star Alliance benefit, and used by a lot of people every day. If you're in a Star Alliance First or Business Class flight leaving SIN, you are allowed to access the relevant section of the SIN SKL (except for TPR). It has been discussed extensively in the past.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 6:49 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by planetshakers
Coathanger from SQTalk spent 45hrs ++ in Changi and visiting TPR for meals

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthre...t=4699&page=29
I was just browsing through this thread and was surprised to see my handle mentioned! It was good fun the first time but not sure if it would be as enjoyable the second time around.

Originally Posted by SQShortFinal
in my experience, the food available overnight is instant noodles, that's it. I would much rather get a simple room at the Ambassador Transit Hotel, I think that is much more comfortable than trying to catch sleep on a lounge couch.
Definitely agree on the Ambassador Transit Hotel. Reasonable rates and still newish rooms in T3 make it a much better option than the SKL now they have removed the nap rooms.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.