FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   How early can I check in and can I sleep in the F lounge? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1345083-how-early-can-i-check-can-i-sleep-f-lounge.html)

tacostuff May 11, 2012 5:26 am

How early can I check in and can I sleep in the F lounge?

Sorry for the silly question, but I'm new to SQ.

I will be flying in F from SIN to MNL on a flight that leaves at 0930. Is my understanding that you can sleep in the F lounge correct? If so, can I check in the night before my flight and sleep in the F lounge? I will be arriving in SIN several days earlier on DL, so I don't think this could be considered a transit stop.

Thanks!

eriond May 11, 2012 6:17 am

Originally Posted by tacostuff (Post 18554730)
Sorry for the silly question, but I'm new to SQ.

I will be flying in F from SIN to MNL on a flight that leaves at 0930. Is my understanding that you can sleep in the F lounge correct? If so, can I check in the night before my flight and sleep in the F lounge? I will be arriving in SIN several days earlier on DL, so I don't think this could be considered a transit stop.

Thanks!

correct.
yes, only at T2 if you have bags to check.
no issues with that.

MSPeconomist May 14, 2012 7:45 pm

In SIN, you can check in for SQ flights up to 48 hours before departure, although I don't think you could easily spend two full days in the lounge. There are sleeping areas in the T2 F lounge but AFAIK not in T3, including TPR, where you should go for dinner.

IIRC you can check in at the dedicated FC SQ check in lounge in T3 for any SQ flight in FC, even though you would then need to go (airside after the special passport control line for SQ FC passengers) to T2 for the flight. This is closed in the middle of the night.

You are free to use either (or both) of the SQ lounges, in T2 or T3, regardless of where your flight departs. They're different and it's fun to explore both (as well as the butterfly garden etc.) if you have lots of time at the airport.

You can also sleep in the free movie theater or in one of the airside transit hotels for a reasonable price.

planetshakers May 14, 2012 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 18575939)
In SIN, you can check in for SQ flights up to 48 hours before departure, although I don't think you could easily spend two full days in the lounge. There are sleeping areas in the T2 F lounge but AFAIK not in T3, including TPR, where you should go for dinner.

IIRC you can check in at the dedicated FC SQ check in lounge in T3 for any SQ flight in FC, even though you would then need to go (airside after the special passport control line for SQ FC passengers) to T2 for the flight. This is closed in the middle of the night.

You are free to use either (or both) of the SQ lounges, in T2 or T3, regardless of where your flight departs. They're different and it's fun to explore both (as well as the butterfly garden etc.) if you have lots of time at the airport.

You can also sleep in the free movie theater or in one of the airside transit hotels for a reasonable price.

Coathanger from SQTalk spent 45hrs ++ in Changi and visiting TPR for meals :)

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthre...t=4699&page=29

love_to_travel Jul 26, 2013 6:15 pm

I'm flying SIN-NRT-HNL all in UA Global First (O). The SIN-NRT flight leaves at 0700. I was wondering if I could check in at 0400 so that I could visit both First Class lounges (I understand they are open 24 hours). Are the check-in agents for UA there that early?

Guy Betsy Jul 29, 2013 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by love_to_travel (Post 21164598)
I'm flying SIN-NRT-HNL all in UA Global First (O). The SIN-NRT flight leaves at 0700. I was wondering if I could check in at 0400 so that I could visit both First Class lounges (I understand they are open 24 hours). Are the check-in agents for UA there that early?

Perhaps you should ask this over at UA forum?

love_to_travel Jul 29, 2013 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy (Post 21180276)
Perhaps you should ask this over at UA forum?

You're right I should have asked there in the first place. UA check-in opens at 3:30AM, so I'll have a lot of time to lounge hop all over Changi.

antkleve Jul 29, 2013 11:39 pm

Even though the lounges may be open 24 hours, there may not be any food and drinks out at 4am. Staffing will be minimal at that hour as well.

love_to_travel Jul 30, 2013 1:35 am

Originally Posted by antkleve (Post 21180749)
Even though the lounges may be open 24 hours, there may not be any food and drinks out at 4am. Staffing will be minimal at that hour as well.

Do you know what time there will be food?

Maybe my United flight to NRT will be delayed =)

Guy Betsy Jul 30, 2013 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by love_to_travel (Post 21180432)
You're right I should have asked there in the first place. UA check-in opens at 3:30AM, so I'll have a lot of time to lounge hop all over Changi.

Are you even allowed to use SQ's SKL?

love_to_travel Jul 30, 2013 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy (Post 21186695)

Yes.

SQShortFinal Jul 30, 2013 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy (Post 21186695)

I was thinking the same thing. I believe unless you are travelling on SQ operated flights, you will have to use the Star Alliance Gold lounge, and cannot use the SQ Silverkris Lounges. Unless there is some special code share rule that we don't know about. here is the language from the SKL website:

You can enjoy access to our lounges if you are our Suites, First or Business Class passenger, or PPS Club members departing on Singapore Airlines operated flights. For travellers on codeshare flights, lounge entitlements would depend on the rules of the airline operating your flight.

SQShortFinal Jul 30, 2013 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by antkleve (Post 21180749)

in my experience, the food available overnight is instant noodles, that's it. I would much rather get a simple room at the Ambassador Transit Hotel, I think that is much more comfortable than trying to catch sleep on a lounge couch.

stargold Jul 31, 2013 5:22 am

Originally Posted by SQShortFinal (Post 21186830)
I was thinking the same thing. I believe unless you are travelling on SQ operated flights, you will have to use the Star Alliance Gold lounge, and cannot use the SQ Silverkris Lounges. Unless there is some special code share rule that we don't know about. here is the language from the SKL website:

You can enjoy access to our lounges if you are our Suites, First or Business Class passenger, or PPS Club members departing on Singapore Airlines operated flights. For travellers on codeshare flights, lounge entitlements would depend on the rules of the airline operating your flight.

It's a Star Alliance benefit, and used by a lot of people every day. If you're in a Star Alliance First or Business Class flight leaving SIN, you are allowed to access the relevant section of the SIN SKL (except for TPR). It has been discussed extensively in the past.

Coathanger Jul 31, 2013 6:49 am

Originally Posted by planetshakers (Post 18576213)
Coathanger from SQTalk spent 45hrs ++ in Changi and visiting TPR for meals :)

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthre...t=4699&page=29

I was just browsing through this thread and was surprised to see my handle mentioned! It was good fun the first time but not sure if it would be as enjoyable the second time around.

Originally Posted by SQShortFinal (Post 21186846)
in my experience, the food available overnight is instant noodles, that's it. I would much rather get a simple room at the Ambassador Transit Hotel, I think that is much more comfortable than trying to catch sleep on a lounge couch.

Definitely agree on the Ambassador Transit Hotel. Reasonable rates and still newish rooms in T3 make it a much better option than the SKL now they have removed the nap rooms.