Krisflyer miles redeemption

Old Jul 27, 2013, 4:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX Green
Krisflyer miles redeemption

Hi,

I have 25,000 is due for expired in August. I am going to redeem a tix to Japan (Hokkaidao). Can anyone can advise the following itinerary is possible for redeeption at 25,000 miles?

My proposed itinenary is as follow:

Day 1 HKG via TPE to KIX (by BR)
Day 4 KIX via HND to AKJ (by ANA)
Day 8 CTS to HND (by ANA)
Day 9 NRT/HND to HKG (by ANA)

What is the minimum time for domestic flight connection, say if i arrived tokyo at 17:10, and transit to Asahikawa on 17:35. Is it possible?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:50 am

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ Gold, AT Gold, Accor Silver, HHonors Diamond, I Prefer Elite, DISCOVERY Titanium
Day 1 HKG via TPE to KIX (by BR)
North asia 1 to north asia 2
12.5k kf miles

Day 4 KIX via HND to AKJ (by ANA)
North asia 2 to north asia 2
12.5k miles

Day 8 CTS to HND (by ANA)
North asia 2 to north asia 2
12.5k miles

Day 9 NRT/HND to HKG (by ANA)
North asia 1 to north asia 2
12.5k kf miles
Old Jul 28, 2013, 6:07 am
Original Poster

Thx your reply.

So what is your suggestion of maximizing 25,000 miles? simply a round trip to Japan?

Secondly, I am doubt that whether I need to pay two times the YQ if I transit?

Thirdly, If I want to go to Osaka in the morning, if by ANA, the time in Osaka is 8pm.

Very frustrated about this matter.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 7:16 am

Star redemptions have a 6-segment maximum and 1 stopover allowed. You can also have an open-jaw.

At the moment, your proposed itinerary has 7 segments, so if you can change it to HKG-KIX or KIX-AKJ (skipping TPE or HND respectively), it should work.

YQ (fuel surcharge) will be payable on each and every segment. Stopover vs. transit only has implication for taxes.

T&C on SQ website:
2. Additional conditions for Star Alliance Awards

a. An itinerary may contain flights operated by a Star Alliance member airline (excluding Singapore Airlines), or flights operated by two or more Star Alliance member airlines (including Singapore Airlines). A maximum of six travel segments are allowed per itinerary.

b. Travel is subject to blackout dates, capacity control and schedule changes by the operating Star Alliance member airline.

c. All reservations must be confirmed before ticketing. Waitlisting is not permitted except on Singapore Airlines operated segments only.

d. If your itinerary includes bookings in different classes of service, the award level corresponding to the highest class will apply for the whole award ticket.

e. A one-way award requires half the number of KrisFlyer miles required for a round-trip award, and is only applicable to the list of airlines as specified in the Star Alliance Award Chart on krisflyer.com.

f. One complimentary en route stopover is permitted for round-trip awards, unless otherwise stated below. Up to three additional stopovers are also permitted at US$100 each, regardless of class of service.
g. Complimentary stopovers are not permitted in a purely domestic itinerary , or within the country of departure in an international itinerary.

h. Complimentary stopovers are not permitted if an itinerary contains only European cities, or is between the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico or U.S. Virgin Islands.

i. Complimentary stopovers are not permitted for one-way awards.

j. A stopover is defined as a connection above 4 hours in an itinerary within or between the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico or U.S. Virgin Islands, or a connection above 24 hours in all other itineraries.

k. The original outbound departure point may not be used as a transfer point to the final destination on the return leg.

l. One origin or destination open-jaw is permitted for a round-trip award (e.g. fly Singapore to San Francisco, then LA to Singapore; or fly Seoul to Singapore, then take a return leg to Tokyo). Open-jaws are permitted across different award zones but the higher award level will apply. En route open-jaws are not permitted.

m. Side trips are not permitted. A separate award ticket is required for a side trip.

n. Backtracking is not permitted. Travel must be made via the most direct route.

o. You can only make changes to the destination or airline on an issued ticket if travel has not commenced. Such changes will require re-issuance of tickets at a service charge. Please refer to Service Fees for the relevant fee.

p. Award tickets are subject to, and the passenger is responsible for, applicable departure taxes; other airport or government handling fees; and any fuel or other surcharges imposed by Singapore Airlines or any other partner airline. Payment for such taxes, fees or charges will be in US dollars or the local currency equivalent and will be collected at the time of ticketing.

q. Award redemption on ANA domestic flights may only be made between 2 months and 4 days to departure, unless there is an international stopover or connection in the same booking.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Stargold.

Today I tickeked with the following itinerary with 25,000 miles.

Day 1 HKG via ICN to KIX
Day 5 KIX to HND
Day 6 HND to AKJ
Day 10 CTS via NRT to HKG

From the ticket i see from Singapore airlines, only 6-segment was found.

I think Star alliances flight is more easier to redeem when compared with one world alliances flight especially during peak season.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.