Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Cathay Pacific First vs. Singapore Airline Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cathay Pacific First vs. Singapore Airline Business

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2012, 5:01 am

Programs: CX DM
Originally Posted by unfrequentflyer
Remember, you can ask for a second serving of caviar.
And even a third which I have been offered before.

The only unfortunate part of this is that this route is served by 777's, and F in the nose of a 747 is even better.

Last edited by KACommuter; May 12, 2012 at 5:03 am Reason: Typo
Old May 12, 2012, 10:45 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
To be fair, the new SQ J longhaul seat is the perfect airline seat in the sense that it offers everything one could sensibly ask for a great seat on a plane: privacy, noise insulation, proper sleeping, proper storage, good IFE, great area to work with a computer, unrestricted access to the aisle.

Anything more than the SQ seat is just pure luxury and many F seats could learn from its features. But of course CX longhaul F is not among them. So if someone is paying for the ride in CX F and the OP doesn't depend on *A miles, the decision is easy.

If my own finances were involved however ....
Old May 16, 2012, 7:55 pm

CX F every time, even if just for the awesome pajamas
Old May 16, 2012, 8:48 pm

Programs: No longer loyal "over-entitled" 1K
CX F is no brainer.
I'd just make sure it's not JFK-YVR-HKG-SIN.
Old May 18, 2012, 1:30 am

Programs: SQ PPS, EK G,
I am always remarkably disappointed with SQ A380 Biz seats. They are already showing real signs of age (many are dirty) however the real issues are the fact that at 6'1" the legroom is minimised by the design of the seat in front and you need to sit at an angle, (with your feet towards the window) in order to fully stretch your legs. Sitting at an angle is of course painful on the back and is actually made worse by the width of the seat in that there is no comfortable 'armchair' feel as a result. SQ now provide a bolster pillow for the sides of the seat, clearly as a result of feedback.

Did I just imply that SQ listens to feedback?!...apologies if I did!
Old May 18, 2012, 11:10 am

Smile Cathy vs SIA

Cx F definitely! The service & provisions are much better..

Andrew Solers
CEO
GGAus Pty Ltd
Old May 19, 2012, 8:25 am

CX F without question! Have been on A340 non-stop and A380...., no comparison!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.