Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 21, 12, 6:35 pm   #1
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Programs: Air NZ Gold Elite, Qantas Platinum
Posts: 121
Can I make a retrospective claim to get PPS points as well as NZ airpoints?

Hi

I'm just about to take a long-haul flight from NZ to Europe in J on SQ. I'm going to credit the points from the trip to Air New Zealand as that is where the bulk of my flying takes place. I have heard though that I can claim points on NZ and simultaneously put the $ value of the flight towards PPS club status - is this correct and if so how do I do this after I've taken the flights? I only loaded my NZ airpoints number on when I checked in.

I may well be flying SQ in J again before the end of the year so putting some $ towards PPS may be beneficial so I am keen to do it if I can.

Can anyone assist?

Cheers
newtestleper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 12, 1:43 am   #2
Ambassador: Air New Zealand
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Wellington NZ
Programs: NZ G, SQ, EK G, CX G, SPG G, Amex Plat
Posts: 851
I answered the question about double dipping when you asked on the NZ Forum.

To credit flights to both NZ & SQ PPS the following fields in the booking are used:

FQTV "NZ FF No" Airpoint Dollars
FQTS "SQ FF No" $'s for PPS Status

You can either get the call centre to do or leave it to checkin to get the FQTS field added. I usually also check at the gate to make sure both fields have the appropriate FF numbers.

You mention retrospective but also just about to take a flight. So not sure where you are at. I have not needed to make a retrospective claim but no harm in calling the call centre or sending an email.
WLG Base is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 13, 1:36 am   #3
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SE Asia
Posts: 1,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLG Base View Post
I have not needed to make a retrospective claim but no harm in calling the call centre or sending an email.
Can anyone advise how I can make a retrospective claim?
kmcbrid2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 13, 6:25 am   #4
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: YYZ. Now@ HKG
Programs: T.A.
Posts: 23,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcbrid2 View Post
Can anyone advise how I can make a retrospective claim?
Can you elaborate?

PS - its retroactive and not retrospective.
Guy Betsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 13, 9:26 am   #5
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Anywhere
Posts: 1,207
Don't sweat it. On your booking, just provide only your NZ FF no. After your flight, just submit a KF retroactive claim form and indicate to credit PPS value only.

I've personally done this dozens of times... a little post trip hassle perhaps, but this ensures the miles are not incorrectly credited to KF as well.
carrotjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 13, 10:15 am   #6
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: SIN
Programs: SQ PPS, LH SEN, CX Gold, SPG Plat
Posts: 73
Double dip

Hi, let me bring a very practical answer to your question.
As far as I am concerned, trying to include FQTV "NZ FF No" Airpoint Dollars and FQTS "SQ FF No" $'s for PPS Status in the bookings has failed miserably numerous times in 2013, apparently because of my corporate travel agent (Amex) which seems unable to handle this.
Similarly, don't try to do this at checkin, whether in Changi or abroad, ground staff (SQ or contractors) simply don't know how to do.
You will waste time and it will get on your nerves.

I've started with an empty LH M&M account exactly 6 months ago and yesterday I reached the 100k for SEN. The way it (actually) worked is as follows, 2 solutions that both work for me:
1. call PPS couple of days before the flight, they can arrange the double dip NZ-SQ PPS (and they are more skilled with the system apparently)
OR
2. do the whole KF-PPS thing (miles in your KF account and PPS $ in your PPS account) then after the flight email PPS asking them to transfer the miles only. It works, providing you're not in a rush, maybe 1-2 months to have the miles landing in your NZ account.
If solution 1 failed you still have #2.

As far as retroactive claims for past flights, yes you can (sound familiar , at least on M&M, you can claim up to 6 months back but you have to provide the BP by snail mail (because it's a SQ BP).
Durian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 13, 10:19 am   #7
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: SIN
Programs: SQ PPS, LH SEN, CX Gold, SPG Plat
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrotjuice View Post
Don't sweat it. On your booking, just provide only your NZ FF no. After your flight, just submit a KF retroactive claim form and indicate to credit PPS value only.

I've personally done this dozens of times... a little post trip hassle perhaps, but this ensures the miles are not incorrectly credited to KF as well.
Oh crap, why did I take so much time writing my answer, yours is the "don't beat about the bush" version
Durian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 13, 1:38 am   #8
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SE Asia
Posts: 1,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrotjuice View Post
Don't sweat it. On your booking, just provide only your NZ FF no. After your flight, just submit a KF retroactive claim form and indicate to credit PPS value only.

I've personally done this dozens of times... a little post trip hassle perhaps, but this ensures the miles are not incorrectly credited to KF as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durian View Post
Hi, let me bring a very practical answer to your question.
As far as I am concerned, trying to include FQTV "NZ FF No" Airpoint Dollars and FQTS "SQ FF No" $'s for PPS Status in the bookings has failed miserably numerous times in 2013, apparently because of my corporate travel agent (Amex) which seems unable to handle this.
Similarly, don't try to do this at checkin, whether in Changi or abroad, ground staff (SQ or contractors) simply don't know how to do.
You will waste time and it will get on your nerves.

I've started with an empty LH M&M account exactly 6 months ago and yesterday I reached the 100k for SEN. The way it (actually) worked is as follows, 2 solutions that both work for me:
1. call PPS couple of days before the flight, they can arrange the double dip NZ-SQ PPS (and they are more skilled with the system apparently)
OR
2. do the whole KF-PPS thing (miles in your KF account and PPS $ in your PPS account) then after the flight email PPS asking them to transfer the miles only. It works, providing you're not in a rush, maybe 1-2 months to have the miles landing in your NZ account.
If solution 1 failed you still have #2.

As far as retroactive claims for past flights, yes you can (sound familiar , at least on M&M, you can claim up to 6 months back but you have to provide the BP by snail mail (because it's a SQ BP).
Thanks for the info...

I have already received the miles into my UA account but want to get the PPS $ credit as I expect to fly a few more times in SQ in J.
kmcbrid2 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 7:25 pm.