Consolidating Miles - worthwhile ?

Subscribe
I have approx 32500 Miles on Singapore Air and 3500 on Virgin Atlantic... I need 35000 miles to reach Silver on Kris Flyer (according to the singapore airlines site).

I see they're partnered with Virgin Atlantic, has anyone had any success in transferring miles to Singapore Air account ? Would this then give me Silver Status or does that only come from miles earnt flying on that particular airline i.e. Singapore ?

My Virgin miles have been pretty stagnant for a while now, if anyone has any other suggestions as to the best way to use/save/ miles.

Thanks for any help
While I have not migrated miles from one account to another, I have used my KF account to pick up the miles from a VS flight I did a while back. Those miles do not help you towards your KF status as status miles can only be earned on *A flights.

Even if you could migrate the miles, it would not give you status.
Quote: I have approx 32500 Miles on Singapore Air and 3500 on Virgin Atlantic... I need 35000 miles to reach Silver on Kris Flyer (according to the singapore airlines site)....
You can convert via Hilton program. You need minimum of 10000 VS miles to convert to 2000 SQ miles.

http://www.webflyer.com/programs/mil...rter/index.php

However, conversion only adds to redeemable mileage balance. It will not give you status.
Thank You
Quote: You can convert via Hilton program. You need minimum of 10000 VS miles to convert to 2000 SQ miles.

10,000 VS miles converts to 2000 SQ miles ?

Frankly its better to just donate those orphan 3500 VS miles to charity !
In Singapore, we have the colloquial phrase: "suck thumb lo..." - which is a rather nice way of saying, suck it up. No, not even possible.