Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fast Track Bali

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2015, 7:59 am

Programs: VS Silver, Kris Silver, IC Amb, HH Gold, Hertz Gold
From what I read over on the Asia thread where I would check for up to date news on the matter here and here fast track is still not available. Will be interesting if you do get it via HSBC. Let us know.
Old May 13, 2015, 8:36 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Platinum,SQ, DL, AA, Hyatt
Originally Posted by SASDC8
Thanks for all your replies. Just booked the morning SQ flight, so hopefully the lines will be moderate when we arrive with SQ938 at 11am. Fingers crossed!
I was on SQ938 on 25Mar (Wednesday) and had arranged for expedited immigration clearance from my HSBC VI benefits.

Anyway, upon arrival, there was no line at all.

Enjoy!
Old May 13, 2015, 8:53 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Platinum,SQ, DL, AA, Hyatt
Originally Posted by MagicWok
From what I read over on the Asia thread where I would check for up to date news on the matter here and here fast track is still not available. Will be interesting if you do get it via HSBC. Let us know.
I did, both on the way in and out
Old May 13, 2015, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
So has the Visa free policy been implemented for Canada?
Old May 14, 2015, 11:02 pm

My experience last year in September was a total nightmare despite of a VIP service arranged by Aman. There is no authorization by the Government to have this excellent fast track service which was possible in the past. Like everybody, we had to queue and for a very long time, about 2hrs. We were flying with TG from BKK and arrived at 2.40pm, so maybe at rush hours... However, it was the worst airport experience ever.
Regarding VOA, at this stage, there is no cancellation fee. My hotel has just sent me an email saying there is no news about it at this stage... If somebody has travelled very recently, please report.
Old May 15, 2015, 11:14 am

Programs: VS Silver, Kris Silver, IC Amb, HH Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by chrisksc
I did, both on the way in and out
Well that cleared everything up
Old May 15, 2015, 12:38 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
So has the Visa free policy been implemented for Canada?
I asked the Indonesian Consulate about this in Vancouver by phone in early May and was "recommended" to get Visa On Arrival for a trip in July 2015.

I believe it's been announced, but not actually implemented yet as they have to get laws changed.

I am still going to apply for a visa as standing in a VOA line at 1:30 AM does not appeal to me.
Old May 19, 2015, 1:33 am

Originally Posted by RodHK
My experience last year in September was a total nightmare despite of a VIP service arranged by Aman. There is no authorization by the Government to have this excellent fast track service which was possible in the past. Like everybody, we had to queue and for a very long time, about 2hrs. We were flying with TG from BKK and arrived at 2.40pm, so maybe at rush hours... However, it was the worst airport experience ever.
Regarding VOA, at this stage, there is no cancellation fee. My hotel has just sent me an email saying there is no news about it at this stage... If somebody has travelled very recently, please report.
Trouble is, the fast track service was corrupt. Quite rightly, (IMHO) the Indonesian government has clamped down on it
Old May 19, 2015, 2:22 am

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by worldtraveller73
I asked the Indonesian Consulate about this in Vancouver by phone in early May and was "recommended" to get Visa On Arrival for a trip in July 2015.

I believe it's been announced, but not actually implemented yet as they have to get laws changed.

I am still going to apply for a visa as standing in a VOA line at 1:30 AM does not appeal to me.
It was still VOA in Bali two weeks ago but no queue for visa or immigration. Lucky on timing I guess.

Last year I had the experience of no queue for VOA then an hour at immigration. I don't think I would bother getting a visa in advance as I don't think that bypasses the immigration queue.
Old May 20, 2015, 10:43 pm

Programs: KF Gold
Fast Track Bali

Arrived in Bali yesterday. Organised expedited immigration clearance through HSBC - looks like organised directly with the airport. 2 ladies holding a sign with my name just before the VOA queues. Handed them my passport and USD 35 while I stood to the side (rejected my old notes) and they got my VOA done straight away. Then directed me to the diplOmatic passport queue before accompanying me to pick up my bags and wheeled the trolley into the carpark where the driver had gone to get his car.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.